Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

[PW!] Birthday Warnings and Departures

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
April 23, 2004 11:15:53 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

Birthday Warnings and Departures

Right punch.

Left punch.

Right punch.

Left punch.

Right jump kick.

As the sun began to rise over Rustboro City, a young woman stood in
a small park within walking distance of the city's Pokémon Center,
silently exercising and practicing her skills in the martial arts.

Her long brown hair tied back in a braid and her breathing relaxed
and focused, Alexandria Masters silently went through a long series of
movements consisting of rapid punches, kicks, and flips, occasionally
balancing herself on one hand or foot using a park bench.

Upon spending a few short seconds in such a position, her feet
pointed skyward, she pushed herself off the bench, flipped about in
the air, and landed in a kneeling position. She slowly rose to her
feet and asked her two companions, "How was that?"

The first of the two, a Combusken dubbed Surtur, held a stopwatch
in his right claw. "<You may consider expanding your exercise
regiment,>" he noted. "<Your movements seem to be going a little
faster. You're up five seconds from the last time.>"

"Must be because of Eye," an ebon-winged Murkrow dubbed
ShadowWarrior noted. "That Unown's obviously doing more than aiding
your telepathy."

"Definitely something to consider," Alex noted as she walked over
to her equipment, slinging back on her PokéBelt and weapons.

Surtur raised an eyebrow and asked his trainer, "<Alexandria?>"

"Nothing, just thinking about last night, that's all," Alex replied
as she slung her jacket back on. "As it stands right now, everyone in
the Search Party is aware of my heritage except for possibly Carol,
and most of them believe me."

"And they have every reason to," ShadowWarrior replied. "Cass is
your sister, so she's known the truth for a while. Aerie, Kitsu,
Keaton, Mimic and Bob aren't exactly normal themselves, so they can at
least give you the benefit of the doubt. Jeff has Bob for a brother,
so he can believe it. Ben believes you because he likes you. John's
obviously a little unusual himself, so he's willing to believe. And
Derek has Chan with him, and Chan knows you're telling the truth. It's
just Nori that doesn't believe you."

"Not to mention thinks I'm crazy," Alex noted, picking up her
backpack and slinging it on. "I'm not surprised by that, mind you, but
I'd rather she didn't look at me like I could kill everyone in the
party without a second thought."

"<There isn't much you can do to convince her, Alexandria,>" Surtur
noted. "<She cannot have memories beamed into her head, and I doubt
she has a degree in genetics.>"

"At least Rubix seems willing to believe you," ShadowWarrior added.
"That counts for something, doesn't it?"

"Yeah," Alex replied. "Speaking of, they mentioned something about
another alien that they'd met. You think that guy might still be
around?"

"Based on the description you relayed to us?" ShadowWarrior asked.
"If he was, we'd hear about it. It's not often that you see a
Gargoyle-wannabe running around."

"Point," Alex noted.

Her thoughts were quickly interrupted by a light beeping from her
bag. Alex quickly opened a small patch, pulled out her cell phone, and
answered it, "Hello?"

"Nice to hear you're still answering your phone," a familiar voice
replied. "Happy birthday, Alex."

"Thanks Mom," Alex said with a smile. "How you feeling?"

"Decent enough, considering everything," Helen Masters replied from
the other end. "Cass did tell you about my condition, right?"

"Why wouldn't she?" Alex replied, using one hand to get her hair
out of its braid. "I hope you aren't in too much pain."

"A little weak from the chemo, but nothing I can't handle," Helen
replied. "I gave birth to you and Cass, didn't I?"

Alex chuckled. "Yeah, you did." she thought for a couple seconds,
then said, "Mom, there's something I need to ask you."

"What about?" Helen asked.

"Yesterday, I was attacked by a pair of Pokémon, a Tentacruel and a
Donphan," Alex explained. "Both equipped with Metal Coats."

"How do you know they were after you?" Helen asked.

"The Tentacruel nearly choked me into unconsciousness," Alex
replied. "I think it's safe to say someone's after me."

Silence.

"Mom?"

"Where are you headed now?"

"Dewford, why?"

"Keep a low profile," Helen ordered. "Watch your back, and don't go
anywhere alone. I'll see what I can do about having someone meet you
in Mauville or Slateport. In the meantime, be careful."

"Mom, there's something you aren't telling me," Alex replied.

"I have every reason not to over the phone," Helen explained.
"Right now, just be careful."

"I will," Alex assured her. "You be careful too."

"Take care Alex," Helen said at last. "Love you."

"Love you too, Mom," Alex answered before shutting off the line.

The two Pokémon with Alex looked to one another, and ShadowWarrior
noted sarcastically, "That sounds supporting."

Alex put away her cell phone and said, "C'mon, the others are
probably waiting for us by now."

-

By the time Alex arrived at the Pokémon Center, the rest of the
Search Party for Smasher (aside from Carol Ross, who remained absent)
stood waiting.

"I hope I haven't kept anyone," Alex noted to the group.

"No, you're fine," her elder sister replied. "Good luck with your
end."

"Thanks Cass," Alex replied. Then, to the group, she said, "Well,
let's get started."


TBC?
Anonymous
April 25, 2004 3:22:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

Up in his room, Ben was still slumbering peacfully, due to a late night,
and the absense of an alarm clock. Three eyes glanced at the trainer,
before the magneton hovering above Ben's bed turned to the Mawile on the
floor.

<Are you sure this is a good idea?> Metrix asked, not having such an odd
sense of humour as it's mawile companion. <Coudn't we just shake him?>

<No, this will wake him up better.> Mawile explaned, ignoring the
Magneton's exasperated expression. <Ready?>

<I guess...>

<CLEAR!>

Metrix let a small amount of voltage surge from his magnets and into the
sleepers body. It was not enough to do any physical damage, but enough
to forcably eject the trainer from his bed, before landing on the floor,
eyes now open wide. Mawile was thrashing it's maw about in laughter on
the floor, unable to contain himself.

> By the time Alex arrived at the Pokémon Center, the rest of the
> Search Party for Smasher (aside from Carol Ross, who remained absent)
> stood waiting.
>
> "I hope I haven't kept anyone," Alex noted to the group.
>
> "No, you're fine," her elder sister replied. "Good luck with your
> end."
>
> "Thanks Cass," Alex replied. Then, to the group, she said, "Well,
> let's get started."

"Wait Alex," Cass called, "You've got someone missing from your group."

Just as Cassandra said this though, Ben rushed out of the door of the
pokecenter, with mawile on his shoulder.

"Ready," he called, before asking, "Is it this time already?"
Anonymous
April 25, 2004 11:28:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

>> By the time Alex arrived at the Pokémon Center, the rest of the
>> Search Party for Smasher (aside from Carol Ross, who remained absent)
>> stood waiting.
>>
>> "I hope I haven't kept anyone," Alex noted to the group.
>>
>> "No, you're fine," her elder sister replied. "Good luck with your
>> end."
>>
>> "Thanks Cass," Alex replied. Then, to the group, she said, "Well,
>> let's get started."
>
>"Wait Alex," Cass called, "You've got someone missing from your group."
>
>Just as Cassandra said this though, Ben rushed out of the door of the
>pokecenter, with mawile on his shoulder.
>
>"Ready," he called, before asking, "Is it this time already?"
>

"Yep," Alex replied with a smile. "Well everyone, good luck. If all goes
well, we should all meet up in Fallarbor in the next couple weeks." With a grin
to Cass, she added, "Just don't get into too much trouble now."

"Trouble? Me?" Cass asked innocently. Her tone shifting, she replied,
"Seriously though, watch your back." Pulling a small card out of her bag, she
gave it to her younger sister and said, "And happy birthday."

"So that's why you were so adamant on going to that Hallmark," Derek noted.

"Hey, it's a big day for me," Alex noted. "And it's a family rule to never
forget a happy occasion. Thanks Sis."

"Welcome," Cass replied with a smile. "Good luck Alex. Give Brawly a real
brawl."

"You got it," Alex promised with a wink.

And so the group split in three. As Bob and Mimic made their way towards the
Rusturf Tunnel, Cass made her way with Aerie, Kitsu, Keaton and Derek toward
the city's north and Meteor Falls, and Alex led her small group consisting of
Jeff, Ben, Nori, and John towards the docks and their next destination. On the
way, Alex had several thoughts coursing through her head.

The first; the thirteenth member of the Search Party, Carol Ross, was still
missing. While Alex knew that she was an experienced individual and was most
likely quite safe, the chances that she had been harmed by those who were after
her were still high. After all, if these people were after her, would they care
who they went through in order to do their job?

The second dealt with her mother. Helen Masters hadn't been totally
forthcoming with her child's past. Alex hadn't even discovered just how
different she was from other kids until her 'growth spurt' asserted itself. And
now her very life may well be in danger just because of what she was.

Then, of course, there was something else.

#I realize that you're infinitely more powerful than I could ever hope to
be,# Alex broadcasted. #But I've got a lot on my mind right now, not to mention
at least one traveling companion who's questioning my sanity, and I don't need
any additional headaches. Please Sabrina, stay out of my head.#

#Simply fulfilling my own curiosity, child,# Sabrina noted in reply. #It's
not often you see a pseudo-extraterrestrial. But do not worry; I have a few
other things to keep watch on. Besides, I have a personal interest in seeing
just how you turn out.#

#How so, if I may ask?# Alex countered.

#A wager with an associate of mine,# Sabrina explained. #On whether you'll
end up walking my path, or his.#

Alex shook her head and sighed.

"Something wrong?" ShadowWarrior finally asked.

"I have a feeling my headaches are only beginning," Alex answered.

TBC?

William Rendfeld
Creator of Echowarrior and Alex Masters
178,000 Excellent Author Points
1 'I knew odd pokefacts that confused a bread crumb' point.
20 Y2Tech Points
Anonymous
April 26, 2004 7:40:07 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

William Rendfeld wrote:
> And so the group split in three. As Bob and Mimic made their way towards the
> Rusturf Tunnel, Cass made her way with Aerie, Kitsu, Keaton and Derek toward
> the city's north and Meteor Falls, and Alex led her small group consisting of
> Jeff, Ben, Nori, and John towards the docks and their next destination.

"Okay, let's do it!" Aerie pumped her fist, gesturing to the northern
path with her other hand.

"You sure you're okay?" Derek wondered. "I mean, I'm pretty confident
in my skills, but I wouldn't go around just accepting random
challenges."

"Cham," Chan corrected.

"Okay, I would, but this sounded serious!"

"Which is exactly why I have to take it," Aerie firmly responded,
bringing her open palm around to smack into her fist for emphasis.
"Anyone who dares challenge the daughter of Doppler and Minax probably
has a very good reason!"

"Who and who?" Derek gave her a blank look.

"..."

"Come on, you can remind him on the way." Kitsu ran a furless hand
through her hair, still luxuriating in her new form's sensations. "The
longer we wait, the further away Smasher could get, if he's there."

Shaking her head, Cass tossed out a pokeball. "Come on, Hot Shot.
We've got work to do."

One red flash later, a dragonite appeared.

One red flash later, a dragonite appeared.

Cass blinked.

"You said he could take two or three, so that leaves one for me," the
psuedo-Dragonite explained.

"You're willing to be ridden?" Keaton queried with a smile, then
flinched from the glare his sister gave him. "What?"

Kitsu shook her head. "We'll ride the real deal with Cass."

"Awwww!" Aerie pouted, almost too quickly.

"That way, you can explain everything to Derek and keep up with us."

Hot Shot was looking his new twin over, one eyelid raised.

"You mean a race?" Aerie queried.

Both of Hot Shot's eyes opened wide, gleaming in anticipation.

---

A short while later, Bob and Mimic exited the tunnel, Bob yawning and
stretching his arms as he strolled while both Mimic and Raffy looked
back at the long swath of Aqua and Magma grunts in their wake, each
grunt displaying the stillness of death. "Bob no think that
little...much?"

#Yeah. Overkill.#

Bob shrugged. "Hey, they were in our way."

"Yeah, but Mimic, Bob, Raffy could wait, hide, let fight pass by."

#Instead, breeder boy had to Sleep Powder the entire battlefield.#

Bob shook his head. "There weren't very many places to hide. Besides,
I see a police station up ahead. I'm sure Officer Jenny would like to
know where there's a bunch of sleeping crooks just waiting to be picked
up."

TBC?

[NS: Yes, there is a deliberate difference in quoting tag styles here.
You'll also notice the different situations - the latter is a good
example of the three-way I was talking about. Once again, tagging
without tagging can be such a convenience...when one can get away with
it.]
Anonymous
April 28, 2004 5:38:53 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

>"Okay, let's do it!" Aerie pumped her fist, gesturing to the northern
>path with her other hand.
>
>"You sure you're okay?" Derek wondered. "I mean, I'm pretty confident
>in my skills, but I wouldn't go around just accepting random
>challenges."
>
>"Cham," Chan corrected.
>
>"Okay, I would, but this sounded serious!"
>
>"Which is exactly why I have to take it," Aerie firmly responded,
>bringing her open palm around to smack into her fist for emphasis.
>"Anyone who dares challenge the daughter of Doppler and Minax probably
>has a very good reason!"
>
>"Who and who?" Derek gave her a blank look.
>
>"..."
>
>"Come on, you can remind him on the way." Kitsu ran a furless hand
>through her hair, still luxuriating in her new form's sensations. "The
>longer we wait, the further away Smasher could get, if he's there."
>
>Shaking her head, Cass tossed out a pokeball. "Come on, Hot Shot.
>We've got work to do."
>
>One red flash later, a dragonite appeared.
>
>One red flash later, a dragonite appeared.
>
>Cass blinked.
>
>"You said he could take two or three, so that leaves one for me," the
>psuedo-Dragonite explained.
>
>"You're willing to be ridden?" Keaton queried with a smile, then
>flinched from the glare his sister gave him. "What?"
>
>Kitsu shook her head. "We'll ride the real deal with Cass."
>
>"Awwww!" Aerie pouted, almost too quickly.
>
>"That way, you can explain everything to Derek and keep up with us."
>
>Hot Shot was looking his new twin over, one eyelid raised.
>
>"You mean a race?" Aerie queried.
>
>Both of Hot Shot's eyes opened wide, gleaming in anticipation.
>

Cass gave a small glance towards Aerie-Hot Shot and thought aloud, "I don't
know, the fact that it's not too far away really doesn't justify flying..."

Hot Shot's wings drooped at the suggestion, as he was eager to see if he'd
have a real challenge after so long.

Cass grinned. "But why the hell not?"

A manic grin growing on his face, Hot Shot knelt to allow his three
passengers to board and stretched out his wings, giving Aerie a glance that all
but said "Bring it on."

-

"Y'know, if Smasher were here right now, he'd be getting one hell of an
adrenaline rush!" Keaton yelled as he held on to Hot Shot's tail for dear life.


The massive Dragonite in question, carrying Cass and Keaton in addition to
Kitsu, swiftly zoomed through the air, his competition keeping pace with him
quite easily. Despite a few false starts with her wings, Aerie quickly adjusted
to flight as a Dragonite and was swiftly pulling off aerial maneuvers equal to
Hot Shot's practiced moves.

"Me di me cham me me medi," Chan the Medicham noted to his trainer as he
clung to Aerie's ribcage.

"You and me both!" Derek replied.

"Cass, are you sure this is safe?" Kitsu asked.

"'Course it's safe!" Cass called back. "And it's great for the pores!"

"Wonderful! You girls can relax over acne, and I get to die when this guy
crashes!" Keaton exclaimed.

"Hot Shot doesn't crash!" Cass cried back in reply. Her eyes quickly darted
to the ground before she continued, "Hold it, Hot Shot! We're where we wanna
be!"

Hot Shot pouted for a minute, then swooped down into a circular landing
pattern, Aerie following shortly thereafter. After slowing down, the large
Dragonite came in for a smooth landing just in front of the entrance to the
caves housing Meteor Falls.

"See?" Cass asked, pride in her voice. "Hot Shot does not crash." She
blinked as she looked down at Keaton, "You okay?"

"Ask me that again when my heart decides to stay in my ribcage," Keaton
replied, slowly loosening his grip on Hot Shot's tail.

As Cass and Kitsu dismounted, Aerie came in for a landing and allowed Derek
and Chan to climb off. With a light flash, the young girl shifted back to her
default form and said, "That, as Smasher would say, was extreme."

Hot Shot smiled with pride, and silently hoped that he'd get another chance
to race Aerie without passengers.

Noticing the glimmer in the Dragonite's eye, Aerie grinned and said, "Don't
worry, big guy, you'll get a chance, promise."

The large Dragonite pumped an arm in triumph even as Cass recalled him to
his Poké Ball.

"There are plenty of low ceilings in the caves," Cass explained as she
clipped Hot Shot's Poké Ball back to her belt. "Any idea about this guy you're
supposed to meet, Aerie?"

"I'll know him when I see him," Aerie assured the elder girl.

TBC?

William Rendfeld
Creator of Echowarrior and Alex Masters
178,000 Excellent Author Points
1 'I knew odd pokefacts that confused a bread crumb' point.
20 Y2Tech Points
Anonymous
April 28, 2004 6:59:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

William Rendfeld wrote:
> The large Dragonite pumped an arm in triumph even as Cass recalled him to
> his Poké Ball.
>
> "There are plenty of low ceilings in the caves," Cass explained as she
> clipped Hot Shot's Poké Ball back to her belt. "Any idea about this guy you're
> supposed to meet, Aerie?"
>
> "I'll know him when I see him," Aerie assured the elder girl.

Only to find her missing.

"Wha...?" Aerie looked around, noting how the scenery had suddenly
changed. Where before there had been a beaten path, signs nearby, and
buildings on the horizon, now there was no sign of civilization. Meteor
Falls itself had vanished in a heartbeat, replaced with a lightly
forested plain.

And she was all alone.

"Hey! Where'd everyone go?"

---

"We're right here, Aerie." Kitsu's examination of the scenery swapped
for examination of the girl.

Derek looked at the girl, then the cave. "Hey, you don't think-"

"Medicham."

"Real funny, Chan," Derek sighed. "Maybe Mr. Mind Control's up to his
tricks again?"

---

That thought had crossed Aerie's mind, too. "Okay, this is a vision.
It's gotta be...eeeee..." She looked up as a shadow blotted out the
sun. A huge ball of rock was descending. "Uh, right. *Meteor* Falls.
I kinda guessed that's what happened."

---

The others looked skywards, but saw only open sky. "Just like radio,"
Derek commented.

Keaton let his question remain on his face instead of in his voice.

"You have to listen, and use your imagination to picture what's going
on. It's a way to practice visualization."

---

"Vision or no vision, I'm not sticking around at ground zero."

#Would you abandon them?#

Aerie frowned. She knew that voice...but from where? "What do you
mean? They aren't here!"

#Are you certain of that?#

"..."

#You are right. You do not have to be at, as you say, ground zero. But
your friends are still here. So, what will you do?#

She looked up, frowning at the rapidly descending flame-covered chunk of
space debris. "Alright, fine. HYPER BEAM!"

---

Those still looking skyward flinched from the brightness of the girl's
attack, which streaked its way out of the atmosphere in short order.

"If that's Sabrina threatening her," Kitsu growled.

Dust from the trail rose up, briefly forming NOT SABRINA before
disappating. Behind it lay a seemingly natural bridge, snaking a path
between several of the smaller craters.

Cass blinked. "Is it just me, or was that not there a minute ago?"

---

Aerie dusted her hands, folded her arms, and "HMPH!"ed in satisfaction.
The meteor had come down in many pieces, scattered about. If her
friends were nearby, they had almost certainly been missed.

Which she saw for herself, when she opened her eyes when she was done
gloating. "Hey guys!"

"What happened?" Kitsu made no effort to hide the minor tension in her
voice.

"I *think* that was the first challenge. Tch. If that's all, he might
as well not even bother with the rest." She started down the path.
"He's inside, I'm pretty sure."

TBC?
April 28, 2004 11:05:49 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

> A short while later, Bob and Mimic exited the tunnel, Bob yawning and
> stretching his arms as he strolled while both Mimic and Raffy looked
> back at the long swath of Aqua and Magma grunts in their wake, each
> grunt displaying the stillness of death. "Bob no think that
> little...much?"
>
> #Yeah. Overkill.#
>
> Bob shrugged. "Hey, they were in our way."
>
> "Yeah, but Mimic, Bob, Raffy could wait, hide, let fight pass by."
>
> #Instead, breeder boy had to Sleep Powder the entire battlefield.#
>
> Bob shook his head. "There weren't very many places to hide. Besides,
> I see a police station up ahead. I'm sure Officer Jenny would like to
> know where there's a bunch of sleeping crooks just waiting to be picked
> up."

"Bob ... have point"

#Still overkill#

"Just be greatful I didn't RAZOR LEAF 'EM!"

#...#
"..."
"..."

"Point"

The rest of the walk to the police station was filled with an almost uneasy
silence.

About an hour behind them, Sven and Peabody were making their way very
carefully through the Rusturf Tunnel. They too saw the rather high number
of bodies of both Aquas and Magmas sprawled across the ground
of the tunnel. Not even the resident Whismur in the tunnel were making
the usual Uproar.

"I'll kill the little sonova-"

"Sven," Peabody attempted to restrain his more aggressive partner.
"They're not dead, merely asleep. Notice the blue dust ... don't inhale
it unless you want to take a nap."

Further conversation was halted when siren or tow could be heard
approaching the tunnel's Verdanturf entrance rapidly.

While the only conscious Aqua pair might have been safe, the agents decided
to play it safe and head towards the Rusturf entrance, and not draw too much
unwanted attention to themselves.

In the Verdanturf Pokemon Center, Bob relaxed, while drinking a bottle of
water. He smiled at the thought of a job well done, even as a few cars full
of still-asleep gang members whizzed by the Center.

Part of Raffy was starting to seriously worry about his trainer. Before
the Magmas got a hold of him, Bob would have probably welcomed hiding
until found, then attacking. Now, it was a full out offensive, no hiding,
no caring.

#Just how much of the real you is in control Bob?#

"Careful. Mimic think Raffy might care," the Ditto said, smiling.

#You will *never* get me to admit that I *ever* said that#

There was a pause while Bob finished the last of the water.

"Where to now? Daycare or wander the town?"

TBC

-------
Clayton

Random Tagline:
Mmmm ... donut .... *drool*
Anonymous
April 29, 2004 5:31:17 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

Clayton wrote:
> In the Verdanturf Pokemon Center, Bob relaxed, while drinking a bottle of
> water. He smiled at the thought of a job well done, even as a few cars full
> of still-asleep gang members whizzed by the Center.
>
> Part of Raffy was starting to seriously worry about his trainer. Before
> the Magmas got a hold of him, Bob would have probably welcomed hiding
> until found, then attacking. Now, it was a full out offensive, no hiding,
> no caring.
>
> #Just how much of the real you is in control Bob?#
>
> "Careful. Mimic think Raffy might care," the Ditto said, smiling.
>
> #You will *never* get me to admit that I *ever* said that#
>
> There was a pause while Bob finished the last of the water.
>
> "Where to now? Daycare or wander the town?"

#Day#"care". Raffy and Mimic exchanged a glance, then nodded.

"That was fast. What, don't you trust me not to get into any trouble
wandering around?"

"..." #...#

Bob hung his head. "Right. Then why don't we do just that? You two
can follow me nervously, while I take a nice, long, peaceful walk."
The hybrid stood up, stretched, and tossed his empty water bottle
towards the trash - only for it to hit a passing loudred.

Who snarled, even as her trainer called out, "Hey! Loudred, don't let
him get away with that!"

"LOUD! LOUDREDLOUDRELOUDREDLOUDRED..."

Mimic teleported the trio outside as the first chunks of plaster began
to fall under the aural assault.

"Okay," Bob sighed, "not the best start. But for now - oh, 'scuse me."
He barely avoided walking into a pinstripe-suited midget talking to two
similarly-dressed goons.

The small one did not seem to notice. "I'm tellin' ya, boys, I don't
know who did it, but the cops are all occupied. We gots da run of this
town for half an hour, at least. Whaddya say we rob the bank?"

"Umm, boss?" one of the goons asked. "Look behind ya. Ain't dat de one
dat Vinny said wrecked his cousin's base?"

Bob stopped walking away at that, giving the leader ample time to turn
around and examine him. "Why, so it is! And at a time like this."
He reached into his suit, bringing out a small submachine gun at the
same time his goons did. "Keep the head intact! There's probably a
reward on it!"

It had been the first actual gun Mimic had seen in a long time. Thanks
to Bob's Razor Leafs, it would be yet more time before he saw one fire
again.

Bob grinned. "I can take you to the police station, or the morgue.
Your choice."

"Neither," Mimic declared as he clapped a hand on Bob's shoulder and
teleported the three of them elsewhere.

And so a half hour passed, until Mimic finally just teleported them from
the bar brawl that had spilled out onto the street a block from the
Daycare Center as they were walking by, to the Center's front door.

Bob rolled his eyes. "Maybe you should just teleport me inside while
you're at it."

"Is tempting. But Mimic suspect unlikely will get into fight just
knocking on door. Then again, Mimic choosing words carefully right now
not tempt fate."

TBC?

> Random Tagline:
> Mmmm ... donut .... *drool*

Mmmm...topology...bumps and smooth curves...reticulating splines...
Anonymous
April 29, 2004 6:16:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

>> A short while later, Bob and Mimic exited the tunnel, Bob yawning and
>> stretching his arms as he strolled while both Mimic and Raffy looked
>> back at the long swath of Aqua and Magma grunts in their wake, each
>> grunt displaying the stillness of death. "Bob no think that
>> little...much?"
>>
>> #Yeah. Overkill.#
>>
>> Bob shrugged. "Hey, they were in our way."
>>
>> "Yeah, but Mimic, Bob, Raffy could wait, hide, let fight pass by."
>>
>> #Instead, breeder boy had to Sleep Powder the entire battlefield.#
>>
>> Bob shook his head. "There weren't very many places to hide. Besides,
>> I see a police station up ahead. I'm sure Officer Jenny would like to
>> know where there's a bunch of sleeping crooks just waiting to be picked
>> up."
>
>"Bob ... have point"
>
>#Still overkill#
>
>"Just be greatful I didn't RAZOR LEAF 'EM!"
>
>#...#
>"..."
>"..."
>
>"Point"
>
>The rest of the walk to the police station was filled with an almost uneasy
>silence.
>
>About an hour behind them, Sven and Peabody were making their way very
>carefully through the Rusturf Tunnel. They too saw the rather high number
>of bodies of both Aquas and Magmas sprawled across the ground
>of the tunnel. Not even the resident Whismur in the tunnel were making
>the usual Uproar.
>
>"I'll kill the little sonova-"
>
>"Sven," Peabody attempted to restrain his more aggressive partner.
>"They're not dead, merely asleep. Notice the blue dust ... don't inhale
>it unless you want to take a nap."
>
>Further conversation was halted when siren or tow could be heard
>approaching the tunnel's Verdanturf entrance rapidly.
>
>While the only conscious Aqua pair might have been safe, the agents decided
>to play it safe and head towards the Rusturf entrance, and not draw too much
>unwanted attention to themselves.
>

"So what now, smart guy?" Sven asked, having broken into a run. "We go to
the other end, and either the cops get us or that crazy hybrid gets us. And
despite his claims to the contrary, I doubt that Rhydon can take him down."

As he tried keeping up with his far more physically-fit partner, Peabody
panted, "Considering the low Special Attack rating of Rhydon, I think you're
right. Maybe a ferry would be a wise idea. Besides, Solitaire and Jaws should
enjoy a swim."

TBC in another post.

[NS: Hey, discretion is the better part of valor.]


William Rendfeld
Creator of Echowarrior and Alex Masters
178,000 Excellent Author Points
1 'I knew odd pokefacts that confused a bread crumb' point.
20 Y2Tech Points
Anonymous
May 1, 2004 2:30:17 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

>Aerie dusted her hands, folded her arms, and "HMPH!"ed in satisfaction.
>The meteor had come down in many pieces, scattered about. If her
>friends were nearby, they had almost certainly been missed.
>
>Which she saw for herself, when she opened her eyes when she was done
>gloating. "Hey guys!"
>
>"What happened?" Kitsu made no effort to hide the minor tension in her
>voice.
>
>"I *think* that was the first challenge. Tch. If that's all, he might
>as well not even bother with the rest." She started down the path.
>"He's inside, I'm pretty sure."
>


Cass considered their situation a bit; there was a potentially
dangerous...something, for lack of a better term, with a high level of psychic
power. That much was obvious based on what had just happened with Aerie.
Normally, the thrill-seeker in her would be excited, but something about this
just seemed...off.

She quickly plucked a Poké Ball from her belt, "If no one minds, I'm going
to send Jolt out to scout around..."

"Don't," Aerie advised. "Something tells me that whoever we're dealing with
may not be too fond of a trained Pokémon. You send him out, you could be
putting both of you in danger."

Cass made a discreet glance towards the spheroid in her hand, then placed it
back on her belt. "Okay then." She gulped a bit, and told herself to keep her
eyes open.

"Don't worry too much," Keaton assured her. "Me, Kitsu and Aerie'll handle
whatever comes up."

"I hope you're right," Cass replied, her worry not quite gone as the group
ventured down the path into Meteor Falls.

TBC?

[NS: This is short, but I figure I'd better not make too many major notes in
this, other than acknowledge a possible problem for Cass and Derek if this
turns out to be who I think it is.]

William Rendfeld
Creator of Echowarrior and Alex Masters
178,000 Excellent Author Points
1 'I knew odd pokefacts that confused a bread crumb' point.
20 Y2Tech Points
May 1, 2004 3:21:32 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

> >Aerie dusted her hands, folded her arms, and "HMPH!"ed in satisfaction.
> >The meteor had come down in many pieces, scattered about. If her
> >friends were nearby, they had almost certainly been missed.
> >
> >Which she saw for herself, when she opened her eyes when she was done
> >gloating. "Hey guys!"
> >
> >"What happened?" Kitsu made no effort to hide the minor tension in her
> >voice.
> >
> >"I *think* that was the first challenge. Tch. If that's all, he might
> >as well not even bother with the rest." She started down the path.
> >"He's inside, I'm pretty sure."
>
> Cass considered their situation a bit; there was a potentially
> dangerous...something, for lack of a better term, with a high level of psychic
> power. That much was obvious based on what had just happened with Aerie.
> Normally, the thrill-seeker in her would be excited, but something about this
> just seemed...off.
>
> She quickly plucked a Poké Ball from her belt, "If no one minds, I'm going
> to send Jolt out to scout around..."
>
> "Don't," Aerie advised. "Something tells me that whoever we're dealing with
> may not be too fond of a trained Pokémon. You send him out, you could be
> putting both of you in danger."
>
> Cass made a discreet glance towards the spheroid in her hand, then placed it
> back on her belt. "Okay then." She gulped a bit, and told herself to keep her
> eyes open.
>
> "Don't worry too much," Keaton assured her. "Me, Kitsu and Aerie'll handle
> whatever comes up."
>
> "I hope you're right," Cass replied, her worry not quite gone as the group
> ventured down the path into Meteor Falls.

Derek too looked about. While not psychic like Aerie and to a lesser degree Chan,
he did have the sort of danger sense that well-trained fighters get.

And right now, those senses were playing a symphony.

And also there was apparently nothing around.

But the first rule of advanced combat, and even basic combat, is that things
may not always be as they appear. The fighter had thought about possibly
sending out a pokemon of his own, but quashed the idea for two reasons.

First was Aerie's warning to Cass. Second was that Derek didn't even know
what was out there and what kind of potential they had, so how could he,
in good conscience, send someone else out, and possible to a slaughter?

Chan was scanning with as many senses open as he could. Rustles drew
almost suspicious glances, and even the rocks weren't spared from the
glare of teh psychic fighter. While usually a patient and calm fighter, even
Medicham have thier breaking points.

For Chan, it was possible enemies that taunted you but were too chicken to
come out into the open.

So the fighting duo scanned everything and waited for something to happen,
a task that was quickly grating on the pair's nerves.

-------
Clayton

Random Tagline:
The answer is 7

> [NS: This is short, but I figure I'd better not make too many major notes in
> this, other than acknowledge a possible problem for Cass and Derek if this
> turns out to be who I think it is.]

[NS: Well I'm clueless so I'll see how it plays out]
May 1, 2004 3:43:42 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

"Adrian Tymes" <wingcat@pacbell.net> wrote in message
news:FVYjc.2835$u27.1466@newssvr27.news.prodigy.com...
> Clayton wrote:
> > In the Verdanturf Pokemon Center, Bob relaxed, while drinking a bottle of
> > water. He smiled at the thought of a job well done, even as a few cars full
> > of still-asleep gang members whizzed by the Center.
> >
> > Part of Raffy was starting to seriously worry about his trainer. Before
> > the Magmas got a hold of him, Bob would have probably welcomed hiding
> > until found, then attacking. Now, it was a full out offensive, no hiding,
> > no caring.
> >
> > #Just how much of the real you is in control Bob?#
> >
> > "Careful. Mimic think Raffy might care," the Ditto said, smiling.
> >
> > #You will *never* get me to admit that I *ever* said that#
> >
> > There was a pause while Bob finished the last of the water.
> >
> > "Where to now? Daycare or wander the town?"
>
> #Day#"care". Raffy and Mimic exchanged a glance, then nodded.
>
> "That was fast. What, don't you trust me not to get into any trouble
> wandering around?"
>
> "..." #...#
>
> Bob hung his head. "Right. Then why don't we do just that? You two
> can follow me nervously, while I take a nice, long, peaceful walk."
> The hybrid stood up, stretched, and tossed his empty water bottle
> towards the trash - only for it to hit a passing loudred.
>
> Who snarled, even as her trainer called out, "Hey! Loudred, don't let
> him get away with that!"
>
> "LOUD! LOUDREDLOUDRELOUDREDLOUDRED..."
>
> Mimic teleported the trio outside as the first chunks of plaster began
> to fall under the aural assault.
>
> "Okay," Bob sighed, "not the best start. But for now - oh, 'scuse me."
> He barely avoided walking into a pinstripe-suited midget talking to two
> similarly-dressed goons.
>
> The small one did not seem to notice. "I'm tellin' ya, boys, I don't
> know who did it, but the cops are all occupied. We gots da run of this
> town for half an hour, at least. Whaddya say we rob the bank?"
>
> "Umm, boss?" one of the goons asked. "Look behind ya. Ain't dat de one
> dat Vinny said wrecked his cousin's base?"
>
> Bob stopped walking away at that, giving the leader ample time to turn
> around and examine him. "Why, so it is! And at a time like this."
> He reached into his suit, bringing out a small submachine gun at the
> same time his goons did. "Keep the head intact! There's probably a
> reward on it!"
>
> It had been the first actual gun Mimic had seen in a long time. Thanks
> to Bob's Razor Leafs, it would be yet more time before he saw one fire
> again.
>
> Bob grinned. "I can take you to the police station, or the morgue.
> Your choice."
>
> "Neither," Mimic declared as he clapped a hand on Bob's shoulder and
> teleported the three of them elsewhere.
>
> And so a half hour passed, until Mimic finally just teleported them from
> the bar brawl that had spilled out onto the street a block from the
> Daycare Center as they were walking by, to the Center's front door.
>
> Bob rolled his eyes. "Maybe you should just teleport me inside while
> you're at it."
>
> "Is tempting. But Mimic suspect unlikely will get into fight just
> knocking on door. Then again, Mimic choosing words carefully right now
> not tempt fate."

Such is something one should never to say when Fate is having some fun.
Because when the door openned and the pair walked in, Mimic tripped
on something that he could have SWORN wasn't there. While not
really important, his landing point was ...

"PERVERT!" The rather young-looking lady cried out before slapping
the Ditto soundly in the face

Bob snickered. By trying to not tempt fate, fate had been tempted.
It was rather funny to watch, and besides -- it didn't happen to him.

Raffy grinned. The Girafarig liked these kinds of twists of fate, as
long as it didn't happen to him.

Mimic groaned. Getting slapped hurt, pokemon or human

"I'm sorry about my friend here, My name's Bob Raiser and I ..."

"Really, we got a call a couple of days ago from someone with that
last name, saying you'd probably show up that day," The lady said.
"What happenned"

#Trouble with some of the local pyros#

"They're after breeders now?"

"Not quite. But can we continue this inside?"

The inside of Hoenn's Day care made it look more like a business over
Bob's home, which was more farm-like in appearance. Judging by the
awards hung up on the walls, this operation was every bit as successful
as the Raiser Day Care in Johto, perhaps more so. Or at least the
awards were more prominently placed.

Upon sitting down, Bob pulls a book out of his bag, and hands it over.
"I think that this book might belong here. Pretty informative too."

The lady looked it over and smiled. "It is, I thought it was stolen
months ago. Mom will be pleased."

"Mom?"

"Yeah, I'm not quite experienced enough to run this place yet."

#Try going on a pokemon journey. Earn a few badges and a few friends#

"I could, but I hae to wait for my parents to come back. They're in
Verdenturf to watch a couple of contests."

"Sounds dull ... I like it, sounds like the kind of thing where nothing
can go wrong." Bob optimistally noted.

#Don't bet on it grass man#

"Grass man?"

"It long story."

-------

A couple hours and traumatizing stories later, the group of three head out
of the Day Care. Bob was feeling better, which meant that he might
actually leave the next Maqua alone that tries to attack him ... maybe.
However, Mimic and Raffy were seemingly still on High Alert, waiting
for a snap that may never happen, or may happen tomorrow.

Somewhere in the grasses of Route 117, a grass hybrid relaxed on the
ground, the fresh air and sunshine a blessing from above. He watched a
couple of Roselia hunt up the perfect sunbeam, amongst the tufts of
greenery that were the tops of Oddish. A few little Zigzagoon were
scampering about near a pond of fresh clean water. All in all, the scene
looked like it could be the subject of a nice painting.

And what better way to spend a good day like this than reading a book,
while basking in the sun? In this case, the book was Hoenn for Dummies,
the informative guide to Hoenn while cracking a few jokes.

The reading was a distraction. As of lately, the agreesive controlling
Magma-induced personality was showing itself. While enough of the
breeder's normal personality was there to keep others safe while
Raffy and Mimic basically make sure that he didn't kill anyone, it was
unnering to the normally kind breeder.

Fortunately, a short article about the Verdanturf Asylum provided
a ray of hope. Maybe they have some advice about it all.

TBC

-------
Clayton

Random Tagline:
Beware of the SPLUT!

> > Random Tagline:
> > Mmmm ... donut .... *drool*
>
> Mmmm...topology...bumps and smooth curves...reticulating splines...

Somehow, I get the feeling that Geography has just been made dirty there.
Anonymous
May 1, 2004 9:29:56 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

Clayton wrote:
> So the fighting duo scanned everything and waited for something to happen,
> a task that was quickly grating on the pair's nerves.

And thus it was that they were the first to spy the field of red and
white that lined the tunnel ahead. Derek whistled, partly out of
surprise and partly to get the party's attention. "That many voltorbs
could bring the cave down if they all went off at once."

Cass peered from a distance, a centimeter closer than anyone else.
"They could, if they were voltorbs. But I think I see hinges, not
eyes."

"A bunch of pokeballs?" Keaton wondered. "But what-"

"AERIE, RUN!" Kitsu warned, picking the girl up and throwing her away.
Just in time, as the nearest pokeballs fired at where Aerie had just
been.

"Do I need to recall Chan?" Derek queried.

Kitsu shook her head. "This has got to be the second challenge." She
drew her bisento and brought it down on the balls, only for them to glow
purple and rise up. Merely ten out of thousands fell. "Figures." As
she followed through on her swing, sweeping up another few score, she
continued, "Let's just say Aerie and pokeballs don't mix. She showed me
how someone tried killing her this way at the last Whirl Cup. Then she
showed me the nightmares that gave her for a while."

Derek blinked. "Killing? With a pokeball? Professor Psyduck in the
library, right?"

"I'm serious, and I'm pretty sure she was too. It has to do with what
she is." Fully half the balls were demolished thanks to her, Keaton's,
and Derek's attacks, but the rest now buzzed about like tiny beedrills,
making further mass destruction difficult. Chan tossed rocks from what
little distance he could get, while Cass swatted ineffectually at them,
not about to release her own pokemon just yet.

"MUK!" Aerie called, floating backwards back towards them while blasting
away at the wall of pokeballs that now filled the tunnel behind them.
Her teeth were gritted in concentration, but all five present could, in
their own ways, hear that concentration wavering.

Cass tried to block another beam with her hand, only for the beam to
harmlessly pass right through and miss its target. "How about a
teleport?"

Aerie blinked, dodging another dozen beams. "...right!" She closed
her eyes to try to focus, only for a large faux pokeball to burst
through the wall, close around her, and shrink to the size of a
beachball.

And then the only sound was her scream.

It was muffled, but unmistakably the tone of sheer terror. While her
voice was mostly incoherent, there were legible snatches like
"OHGODDISHIDON'TWANTTOBEASLAVE" and
"PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEATLEASTLETTHISBEKITSU'S", which caught the named
party off-guard just as she was about to smash the ball.

Before she could resume, Cass caught her arm, pointing to where the red
beams were bouncing off the large ball. "I'd bet that's more psionium.
Maybe we should finish up before releasing her?"

TBC?

> Random Tagline:
> The answer is 7
>
>>[NS: This is short, but I figure I'd better not make too many major notes in
>>this, other than acknowledge a possible problem for Cass and Derek if this
>>turns out to be who I think it is.]

[NS: You've probably guessed right...and I'm counting on that problem.
;)  ]

> [NS: Well I'm clueless so I'll see how it plays out]

[NS: I thought for sure all three of the other authors in this thread -
you, William, and Tech - would have found it obvious. The answer is
150.]
Anonymous
May 2, 2004 7:26:08 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

>Cass tried to block another beam with her hand, only for the beam to
>harmlessly pass right through and miss its target. "How about a
>teleport?"
>
>Aerie blinked, dodging another dozen beams. "...right!" She closed
>her eyes to try to focus, only for a large faux pokeball to burst
>through the wall, close around her, and shrink to the size of a
>beachball.
>
>And then the only sound was her scream.
>
>It was muffled, but unmistakably the tone of sheer terror. While her
>voice was mostly incoherent, there were legible snatches like
>"OHGODDISHIDON'TWANTTOBEASLAVE" and
>"PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEATLEASTLETTHISBEKITSU'S", which caught the named
>party off-guard just as she was about to smash the ball.
>
>Before she could resume, Cass caught her arm, pointing to where the red
>beams were bouncing off the large ball. "I'd bet that's more psionium.
>Maybe we should finish up before releasing her?"
>

"But what about...?" Kitsu asked.

"Derek and I'll get her out of there," Cass promised, "you just deal with
those Poké Balls."

Kitsu cast a glance back to the giant Poké Ball-styled prison containing
Aerie, then to Cass. "Just get her out of there."

One quick costume-and-form change later, Kitsu joined her brother in tearing
through swaths of projectile Poké Balls, Chan offering some assistance all his
own.

"But how the heck are we supposed to get this thing open?" Derek finally
asked as Cass rummaged through her bag.

"Leverage!" Cass exclaimed, producing a crowbar.

Derek gave the idea some thought, then agreed, "That might work."

The two quickly jammed the crowbar into a narrow space near the prison's
lock, then pushed down on it. The upper half of the faux ball didn't move an
inch.

As the two continued with their efforts, Kitsu, Keaton and Chan continued
tearing through the Poké Ball projectiles, leaving small amounts of destruction
in their wake. Within a few minutes, the last one was smashed underneath
Keaton's foot.

"Glad that's taken care of," Keaton noted as the trio turned to Cass and
Derek. "Y'know, I think there's a simpler method for that."

"Care to demonstrate?" Cass asked as she pulled the crowbar, now bent
slightly, out of the gap.

Chan silently walked over and pressed the large button on the fake Poké
Ball, opening it up to reveal a semi-conscious Aerie.

After a second of staring in shock, Cass simply sighed and hung her head
low. "I am such an idiot."

Regaining full consciousness, Aerie rose out of the Poké Ball and landed
next to it, still shaky but with some support from Kitsu. "That was *not* fun."

Cass glanced at the large fake Poké Ball, then noted, "These guys are
playing hardball." She gave a small glance towards the youngest in the party
and said, "Aerie, I know there's a risk, but I'd feel safer if we had a few
extra eyes, and some extra muscle."

TBC

>
>> Random Tagline:
>> The answer is 7
>>
>>>[NS: This is short, but I figure I'd better not make too many major notes
>in
>>>this, other than acknowledge a possible problem for Cass and Derek if this
>>>turns out to be who I think it is.]
>
>[NS: You've probably guessed right...and I'm counting on that problem.
>;) ]
>
>> [NS: Well I'm clueless so I'll see how it plays out]
>
>[NS: I thought for sure all three of the other authors in this thread -
>you, William, and Tech - would have found it obvious. The answer is
>150.]

[NS: Well, if it is who I think it is, Aerie's at least got a little backup.]

William Rendfeld
Creator of Echowarrior and Alex Masters
178,000 Excellent Author Points
1 'I knew odd pokefacts that confused a bread crumb' point.
20 Y2Tech Points
Anonymous
May 2, 2004 8:55:19 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

Clayton wrote:
> Somewhere in the grasses of Route 117, a grass hybrid relaxed on the
> ground, the fresh air and sunshine a blessing from above. He watched a
> couple of Roselia hunt up the perfect sunbeam, amongst the tufts of
> greenery that were the tops of Oddish. A few little Zigzagoon were
> scampering about near a pond of fresh clean water. All in all, the scene
> looked like it could be the subject of a nice painting.
>
> And what better way to spend a good day like this than reading a book,
> while basking in the sun? In this case, the book was Hoenn for Dummies,
> the informative guide to Hoenn while cracking a few jokes.
>
> The reading was a distraction. As of lately, the agreesive controlling
> Magma-induced personality was showing itself. While enough of the
> breeder's normal personality was there to keep others safe while
> Raffy and Mimic basically make sure that he didn't kill anyone, it was
> unnering to the normally kind breeder.
>
> Fortunately, a short article about the Verdanturf Asylum provided
> a ray of hope. Maybe they have some advice about it all.

Tick...tick...tick...

Raffy and Mimic scanned the area for the next trouble spot.

Their hearts slowly beat, as they watched...

Every.

Single.

Movement.

"ZIGZAGOON!"

The two pokemon fell into a defensive stance, awaiting the
inevitable...but the inquisitive newcomer trotted up to Bob without
incident, even eliciting a couple rubs between her ears before trotting
off back into the brush.

Mimic let out a breath he had not realized he was holding. "That too
close."

Raffy shook his head. #You're too tense. Nothing's coming.#

"Raffy sure?"

#No. But we can't stay on alert forever.#

"Suppose."

Raffy wandered over to the stream to acknowledge his dry throat, dry
enough to present problems speaking if he had tried to use his vocal
cords. Mimic looked around a bit longer, but soon did so in the guise
of one of the local pokemon, then another, and soon he was relaxing in
his own way, deep in his own form of study of Hoenn's flora and fauna.

Which was fortunate for the Aqua and Magma executives that passed
through in full uniform, hand in hand and lost in their forbidden love,
so smitten with each other that neither registered Bob's presence as
they walked past. They were in turn ignored, Raffy recognizing where
their attention was, and the other two not even seeing them.

Or so it seemed, until they were gone. "Raffy," Bob queried, calmly
turning a page, "was that what I think it was?"

#If you mean something to let be, yeah.#

"Good."

TBC?

> Random Tagline:
> Beware of the SPLUT!

Or have a Lickitung around to clean it up.

>>>Random Tagline:
>>>Mmmm ... donut .... *drool*
>>
>>Mmmm...topology...bumps and smooth curves...reticulating splines...
>
> Somehow, I get the feeling that Geography has just been made dirty there.

What else would you call that kind of detailed study? Science is
science, no matter what it's applied to. ^_-
Anonymous
May 4, 2004 10:49:26 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

William Rendfeld wrote:
> As the two continued with their efforts, Kitsu, Keaton and Chan continued
> tearing through the Poké Ball projectiles, leaving small amounts of destruction
> in their wake. Within a few minutes, the last one was smashed underneath
> Keaton's foot.
>
> "Glad that's taken care of," Keaton noted as the trio turned to Cass and
> Derek. "Y'know, I think there's a simpler method for that."
>
> "Care to demonstrate?" Cass asked as she pulled the crowbar, now bent
> slightly, out of the gap.
>
> Chan silently walked over and pressed the large button on the fake Poké
> Ball, opening it up to reveal a semi-conscious Aerie.
>
> After a second of staring in shock, Cass simply sighed and hung her head
> low. "I am such an idiot."
>
> Regaining full consciousness, Aerie rose out of the Poké Ball and landed
> next to it, still shaky but with some support from Kitsu. "That was *not* fun."
>
> Cass glanced at the large fake Poké Ball, then noted, "These guys are
> playing hardball." She gave a small glance towards the youngest in the party
> and said, "Aerie, I know there's a risk, but I'd feel safer if we had a few
> extra eyes, and some extra muscle."

Aerie hugged herself, and was also hugged by Kitsu. The hybrid was
breathing hard, but made no other sound.

"Aerie?" Cass asked again.

"Huh? Oh...yeah, go ahead."

Cass frowned - the loss of self-confidence in Aerie's voice hurt just to
listen to - but palmed five of her pokeballs. "Hot Shot! Obsidian!
Nosedive! Jolt! Enigma! Come on out!"

As Cass briefed her pokemon on the situation, Kitsu murmured in Aerie's
ear, "Are you going to be okay?"

"Yeah," the girl replied. "I...think I can handle it. But whoever's
doing this is DEAD!"

#Fufufu...care to back up that claim, little girl?#

Everyone froze, looking for the source of the telepathic voice that
came from everywhere yet nowhere.

#You claim to be the daughter of Doppler. While that may be
biologically true, you have proven yourself unworthy of that title.#
Two eyes blazed bright purple in the dark distance of the cave.

"Mewtwo," Aerie growled as the other genetically engineered pokemon came
closer.

#Correct. I desired to see if my student had passed on his lessons to
his progeny. If he did, they have not been apparent. I gave you a
simple test of wisdom, yet your first instinct was to act selfishly.#

"The meteor? I never saw anyone else in that vision. For all I knew,
I was alone."

#And then a test of courage, yet you gave yourself over to fear.#

Aerie broke eye contact, looking at her fingers as she tapped them
together. "Well...i-if you were faced with painful imminent death,
wouldn't you be a little scared?"

#No. But listen to yourself. Now all you have to offer are excuses.
Where is the vaunted power you claim to have?#

"Hey! I was doing alright until I was surprised!"

#Indeed. True power requires control, and you lost control of the
situation. Tell me, have you any control at all?#

"What are you talking about?"

#Heh heh heh. You would know it if you were worthy. But come, let
your actions speak for you. Show me whether you can control yourself,
you who are not worthy of your parents.#

"TAKE THAT BACK!" Aerie charged towards Mewtwo in an easily
anticipated, and easily dodged, tackle.

#And now you give in to anger. Pitiful.#

Keaton blinked. "Why aren't we attacking too?"

Derek shook his head. "That's Mewtwo. Supposedly the most powerful
pokemon of all. If even half of what I've heard about him is true,
Aerie should have been knocked out before she got this far...unless..."
He blinked. "Wait...control...Aerie! This is the third challenge!
Don't fight him! Snap out of it and ignore him!"

If the girl heard, she gave no signs of it, instead launching into a
vicious and powerful series of attacks, each one of which Mewtwo handily
countered with a minimum of motion. "DIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!!"

#Bah. If raw fury is all you feel, you are little better than a mewling
cub. I know your father is better than this. Even your friends know
better. You should listen to them.# He shifted to the side, striking
back with the minimum of force, landing his hand on her breast.

She paused.

#Well, now. Perhaps you do have some degree of-#

Aerie's growl, nearly below audible frequencies, slightly shook the
cavern.

Enigma indicated some niches along the cave wall. #We should shelter
from the coming storm.#

"ONLY!" *WHAM* "KITSU!" *WHAM* "MAY!" *WHAM* "TOUCH!" *WHAM* "ME!"
*WHAM* "THERE!" *WHAMWHAMWHAMKERPOW*

Mewtwo sweatdropped. Blocking and dodging Aerie's beyond-furious
attacks was starting to give him the beginnings of a mild workout.

TBC?

> [NS: Well, if it is who I think it is, Aerie's at least got a little backup.]

[NS: And now you know. Though I suspect the backup Aerie needs isn't
quite the backup you thought she'd need against him. ;)  ]
May 5, 2004 1:07:56 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

> "ZIGZAGOON!"
>
> The two pokemon fell into a defensive stance, awaiting the
> inevitable...but the inquisitive newcomer trotted up to Bob without
> incident, even eliciting a couple rubs between her ears before trotting
> off back into the brush.
>
> Mimic let out a breath he had not realized he was holding. "That too
> close."
>
> Raffy shook his head. #You're too tense. Nothing's coming.#
>
> "Raffy sure?"
>
> #No. But we can't stay on alert forever.#
>
> "Suppose."
>
> Raffy wandered over to the stream to acknowledge his dry throat, dry
> enough to present problems speaking if he had tried to use his vocal
> cords. Mimic looked around a bit longer, but soon did so in the guise
> of one of the local pokemon, then another, and soon he was relaxing in
> his own way, deep in his own form of study of Hoenn's flora and fauna.
>
> Which was fortunate for the Aqua and Magma executives that passed
> through in full uniform, hand in hand and lost in their forbidden love,
> so smitten with each other that neither registered Bob's presence as
> they walked past. They were in turn ignored, Raffy recognizing where
> their attention was, and the other two not even seeing them.
>
> Or so it seemed, until they were gone. "Raffy," Bob queried, calmly
> turning a page, "was that what I think it was?"
>
> #If you mean something to let be, yeah.#
>
> "Good."

And so the forbidden love was allowed to continue. Which was a good thing really
becuase vengeful lovers can be a force to be reckoned with.

Time passes, as it does and Bob was now lying in the grass staring into the sky. The
clouds formed interesting shapes as they passed overhead. When one of the clouds
formed an approximation on a W, Bob got an idea.. Rather lethargically, he dropped
a pokeball onto the ground.

"Nown?"

"Hello."

"Un nown?"

"I just want to talk. I've got another one of your type and all it does is try to piss me off.
I'd like to know what you do," Bob said, looking at the floating, shiny Unown

Dbu bobbed up and down a bit, #You don't want to know what I do#

"..."

Raffy turned around suddenly. He thought his hearing was going. The fact that it was
a psychic voice and not an audio one was moot really.

"... actually I do want to know." Bob replied calmly, blinking twice.

Dbu blinked twice. It always worked before. The Unown bobbed in the air, giving
the appearance of a hand gesture. #You don't want to know what I do#

"... actually I do want to know what you do. But since you don't want to tell me, then
how about 'What do you want to do?'"

"Nown?" the floating W queried, looking genuinely confused.

"Well we both know that eventually you'll end up back at the Ruins. Until then, you
can at least live a little or at least have some fun. Who knows, you might get stronger
and learn something."

Dbu thought about it. Dbu was actually one of the smarter Unown, mostly because of
it main ability, Wanting. Unlike Dee, who only had to break mental barriers, Dbu innate
ability to make beings Want to do something was only a suggestion. A Wanting that was
similar to a person's own desires had a better chance of happenning than one that defied
everything that person stands for. The power of suggestion was at the heart of Dbu's power.

#I want to be stronger, to avoid the collective#

"Fair enough. I don't plan on running back to Alph right away anyways."

Dbu looked relieved, it's eye showing great joy.

"So how do you think you could get stronger?"

Off to the side Mimic, in the guise of a Roselia, shifted into a Zigzagoon and looked at Raffy.

"What Bob doing?"

#Trying to get the Unown to think for itself. It teaches a pokemon to rely more on itself
than its trainer. Worked wonders for me#

"Mimic no sure about that"

#What's THAT supposed to mean?#

"Nothing," Mimic replied way too innocently, earning himself a pair of glares.

-------

In Mauville City, a ghost sensed the energies of the shiny Unown, and the fact they
were a lot closer than Lavaridge. This was an interesting turn of events for the
ghost-type craving life.

TBC

-------
Clayton

Random Tagline:
Beware of Mallet

> >>>Random Tagline:
> >>>Mmmm ... donut .... *drool*
> >>
> >>Mmmm...topology...bumps and smooth curves...reticulating splines...
> >
> > Somehow, I get the feeling that Geography has just been made dirty there.
>
> What else would you call that kind of detailed study? Science is
> science, no matter what it's applied to. ^_-

Is too, too true. The science of thrust and lift ...
Anonymous
May 5, 2004 4:46:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

>As Cass briefed her pokemon on the situation, Kitsu murmured in Aerie's
>ear, "Are you going to be okay?"
>
>"Yeah," the girl replied. "I...think I can handle it. But whoever's
>doing this is DEAD!"
>
>#Fufufu...care to back up that claim, little girl?#
>
>Everyone froze, looking for the source of the telepathic voice that
>came from everywhere yet nowhere.
>
>#You claim to be the daughter of Doppler. While that may be
>biologically true, you have proven yourself unworthy of that title.#
>Two eyes blazed bright purple in the dark distance of the cave.
>
>"Mewtwo," Aerie growled as the other genetically engineered pokemon came
>closer.
>
>#Correct. I desired to see if my student had passed on his lessons to
>his progeny. If he did, they have not been apparent. I gave you a
>simple test of wisdom, yet your first instinct was to act selfishly.#
>
>"The meteor? I never saw anyone else in that vision. For all I knew,
>I was alone."
>
>#And then a test of courage, yet you gave yourself over to fear.#
>
>Aerie broke eye contact, looking at her fingers as she tapped them
>together. "Well...i-if you were faced with painful imminent death,
>wouldn't you be a little scared?"
>
>#No. But listen to yourself. Now all you have to offer are excuses.
>Where is the vaunted power you claim to have?#
>
>"Hey! I was doing alright until I was surprised!"
>
>#Indeed. True power requires control, and you lost control of the
>situation. Tell me, have you any control at all?#
>
>"What are you talking about?"
>
>#Heh heh heh. You would know it if you were worthy. But come, let
>your actions speak for you. Show me whether you can control yourself,
>you who are not worthy of your parents.#
>
>"TAKE THAT BACK!" Aerie charged towards Mewtwo in an easily
>anticipated, and easily dodged, tackle.
>
>#And now you give in to anger. Pitiful.#
>
>Keaton blinked. "Why aren't we attacking too?"
>
>Derek shook his head. "That's Mewtwo. Supposedly the most powerful
>pokemon of all. If even half of what I've heard about him is true,
>Aerie should have been knocked out before she got this far...unless..."
>He blinked. "Wait...control...Aerie! This is the third challenge!
>Don't fight him! Snap out of it and ignore him!"
>
>If the girl heard, she gave no signs of it, instead launching into a
>vicious and powerful series of attacks, each one of which Mewtwo handily
>countered with a minimum of motion. "DIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!!"
>
>#Bah. If raw fury is all you feel, you are little better than a mewling
>cub. I know your father is better than this. Even your friends know
>better. You should listen to them.# He shifted to the side, striking
>back with the minimum of force, landing his hand on her breast.
>
>She paused.
>
>#Well, now. Perhaps you do have some degree of-#
>
>Aerie's growl, nearly below audible frequencies, slightly shook the
>cavern.
>
>Enigma indicated some niches along the cave wall. #We should shelter
>from the coming storm.#
>
>"ONLY!" *WHAM* "KITSU!" *WHAM* "MAY!" *WHAM* "TOUCH!" *WHAM* "ME!"
>*WHAM* "THERE!" *WHAMWHAMWHAMKERPOW*
>
>Mewtwo sweatdropped. Blocking and dodging Aerie's beyond-furious
>attacks was starting to give him the beginnings of a mild workout.
>

As Aerie continued pummeling the godlike Pokémon before her, the rest of the
small party had gathered underneath the previously noted niches in the cave.

"This is not looking good," Keaton understated.

"What can we do?" Cass asked. "Aerie's gone ballistic on Mewtwo, of all
entities, and the more they fight, the higher the chances of this entire cavern
coming down on our heads." She turned to her team and asked, "Any thoughts?"

"Nectric!" Jolt barked. "Man ectric nec tric manectrictric nec tric
manectricmanectrtic!"

"<He says we should run for it,>" Obsidian translated.

"Gol gol golduck gold duck gol-golduck duck?" Nosedive asked in reply.

"<Can't just abandon her.>"

#Anger clouds her judgment,# Enigma added.

"<Don't know what he said.>"

Hot Shot simply gave a glance over towards Mewtwo and Aerie, and quickly
considered things. He turned to Cass and shook his head.

"Okay, let me see if I got that all," Cass relayed. "Jolt thinks we should
beat it."

"We can't do that!" Kitsu exclaimed.

Nosedive nodded in agreement, "Golduck."

"Nosedive agrees with you," Cass relayed. "So does Hot Shot, but he doesn't
think he can stand up to Mewtwo."

To this, Hot Shot vigorously nodded his agreement.

"But what can we do?" Derek asked, echoing Cass's earlier statement. "I
mean, Aerie needs to calm down, but I don't think we can pull that off."

"But there's got to be something..." Kitsu thought aloud.

Cass's own brain was racking itself to figure out a plan of action. Alex was
better at these things, she thought to herself, she'd calmly consider
everything and...

A lightbulb seemed to go off in Cass's mind. "Calm. Like water after a
storm."

The general reaction was "Huh?"

"Like Enigma said, anger clouds her judgment," Cass explained. "If we can
get Aerie to calm down, to think things through, to consider them and focus her
mind, we can stop this and any wholesale destruction involved."

The idea coursed through Kitsu's mind, then she snapped her fingers and
noted, "That might just work. But who could pull it off? We'd need a psychic
just to get through to her now."

#You do not see what is before you,# Enigma reminded her.

"Yeah, but she wouldn't listen to you," Kitsu replied. "She doesn't really
know you. The only ones that she'd probably listen to are me or Alex, and Alex
isn't..." Noticing that the gathered humans, Pokémon, etc. save for the two
combatants were looking at her, she sighed. "What do you want me to do?"

"Put a hand on Enigma's head," Cass instructed. "He'll amplify your thoughts
so that Aerie can hear them. I'll dictate the words to you."

"Anything we can do?" Derek asked.

"Besides pray?" Cass asked in turn. "Hope that Mewtwo doesn't know
Submission, because if he does, we're screwed."

Obsidian gave a noticeable gulp at those words, fully aware of the role he
may yet have to play.


>> [NS: Well, if it is who I think it is, Aerie's at least got a little
>backup.]
>
>[NS: And now you know. Though I suspect the backup Aerie needs isn't
>quite the backup you thought she'd need against him. ;)  ]
>

[NS: Okay, that was *not* who I expected. Still, here's hoping Obsidian doesn't
get his tail handed to him.]

William Rendfeld
Creator of Echowarrior and Alex Masters
178,000 Excellent Author Points
1 'I knew odd pokefacts that confused a bread crumb' point.
20 Y2Tech Points
Anonymous
May 5, 2004 4:46:03 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

William Rendfeld wrote:

> A lightbulb seemed to go off in Cass's mind. "Calm. Like water after a
> storm."
>
> The general reaction was "Huh?"
>
> "Like Enigma said, anger clouds her judgment," Cass explained. "If we can
> get Aerie to calm down, to think things through, to consider them and focus her
> mind, we can stop this and any wholesale destruction involved."
>
> The idea coursed through Kitsu's mind, then she snapped her fingers and
> noted, "That might just work. But who could pull it off? We'd need a psychic
> just to get through to her now."
>
> #You do not see what is before you,# Enigma reminded her.
>
> "Yeah, but she wouldn't listen to you," Kitsu replied. "She doesn't really
> know you. The only ones that she'd probably listen to are me or Alex, and Alex
> isn't..." Noticing that the gathered humans, Pokémon, etc. save for the two
> combatants were looking at her, she sighed. "What do you want me to do?"
>
> "Put a hand on Enigma's head," Cass instructed. "He'll amplify your thoughts
> so that Aerie can hear them. I'll dictate the words to you."
>
> "Anything we can do?" Derek asked.
>
> "Besides pray?" Cass asked in turn. "Hope that Mewtwo doesn't know
> Submission, because if he does, we're screwed."
>
> Obsidian gave a noticeable gulp at those words, fully aware of the role he
> may yet have to play.
>
Kitsu looked over at the combatants. While Aerie's hits were landing,
Mewtwo's subtle changes in position made sure they didn't nearly cause
the level of damage they could be doing. Mewtwo's amusement was
declining rapidly, and there wasn't that much to begin with.

Doing as Cass had instructed, Kitsu gingerly placed a hand on Enigma the
Claydol's head and thought, #Aerie, can you hear me?#

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
ICQ: 122744531
Webcomic: http://desperadocoyote.keenspace.com

My Adventure Quest character:
http://www.battleon.com/aq-chardetail.asp?temp=131213
You can play Adventure Quest at http://www.battleon.com

Sometimes, I notice someone has posted a reply to one of my messages and
I think, "Oh, great, what did I say this time?"
Anonymous
May 5, 2004 10:54:09 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

Chet Weaver - YOUR HEAD A SPLODE! wrote:
> William Rendfeld wrote:
>> "Yeah, but she wouldn't listen to you," Kitsu replied. "She doesn't
>> really
>> know you. The only ones that she'd probably listen to are me or Alex,
>> and Alex
>> isn't..." Noticing that the gathered humans, Pokémon, etc. save for
>> the two
>> combatants were looking at her, she sighed. "What do you want me to do?"
>>
>> "Put a hand on Enigma's head," Cass instructed. "He'll amplify your
>> thoughts
>> so that Aerie can hear them. I'll dictate the words to you."
>>
>> "Anything we can do?" Derek asked.
>>
>> "Besides pray?" Cass asked in turn. "Hope that Mewtwo doesn't know
>> Submission, because if he does, we're screwed."
>>
>> Obsidian gave a noticeable gulp at those words, fully aware of the
>> role he
>> may yet have to play.
>>
> Kitsu looked over at the combatants. While Aerie's hits were landing,
> Mewtwo's subtle changes in position made sure they didn't nearly cause
> the level of damage they could be doing. Mewtwo's amusement was
> declining rapidly, and there wasn't that much to begin with.
>
> Doing as Cass had instructed, Kitsu gingerly placed a hand on Enigma the
> Claydol's head and thought, #Aerie, can you hear me?#

A whirling chaos of anger and fury and indignation and justice and
revenge and-

Focus. Kitsu instinctively sought to calm the emotions as if they were
her own, before intellect noted this was Aerie's rage. By then she was
already an unmelting rock amidst Aerie's passionate flames, and her
mere presence was starting to cool them down. #Aerie?#

#I'm a little busy right now.#

#Stop it! You're not hurting him!# She could feel lines of thought -
the pure, rigid, controlling logic that opposed mindless emotion - lash
out from her rock into Aerie's fire, and begin to drain it, but surely
that was mere mental metaphor. This psychic stuff was wierd.

#Yeah?# The fire roared in response, trying to pump itself up to stay
alive. #He can't keep this up forever. I've got him so off balance he
can't even attack! It's just a matter of time...#

#...until he does,# Kitsu interrupted. #He wants to see if you can
ignore him. He wants you to just walk away. That's the test, Aerie.#

By now, the blaze was dim enough that Kitsu could "see" Aerie's calm
side beneath it, a rich earth to counterpart the flames. Fury warred
with pragmatism until her mind rose up to consume her emotion, soil
erupting and absorbing the fire to leave a simmering magma.

The others saw Aerie stop, give Mewtwo a withering gaze, and snort,
"Fine. Let's go!" She stomped off down the tunnel.

#An excellent performance, samurai,# Mewtwo chuckled.

A bit of Aerie's anger had seeped back into Kitsu, and remained even
after she let Enigma go. "Care to explain?"

#I may as well. I was concerned that I might have to rescue Doppler
myself, from those who kidnapped him.#

Aerie froze, just barely still in sight of the rest of the party.

#I thought I could reassure myself by testing his daughter,# the
felinish one continued. #My worries are not entirely dispelled, but
perhaps with further training in the way of the warrior...you, the
ninetails in disguise. You may not know her powers, but I sense you
know the philosophy of which I speak. You would do her a favor by
passing on that knowledge.#

"What's this about my father?" Aerie growled, not turning around.

#Oh, you didn't know?# The others could feel Mewtwo's smile, even if
the expression on his face did not change.

Aerie's aura began to glow. "Tell. Me."

#Ah, ah, ah. There's only one way you'll get me to talk, and you know
it isn't by fighting.#

A tense ten seconds passed, ending when Aerie let her aura fade.
"Please," she sighed.

#Much better. Your father has been recruited by those who would have
him practice his old ways. He is in no danger for now, and he may yet
get himself out on his own, but that is not certain. If your aid is
required, you will know.#

"How specific," Derek muttered.

#You wish specificity? Then let me give you some.#

The cave vanished in a blaze of purple. When it faded, the group found
themselves on a field of ash within sight of town. Those who gasped
soon coughed, as they discovered the falling white flakes were not snow.

#I heard of your quest, and took the liberty of constructing my own
model and running it to its conclusion, with the help of some
acquaintances. This is the exact landing spot of your friend, and there
were reports that something fell from the sky at about the right time.
By the time anyone came out here to recover the meteorite, it was gone.
The ash had already filled in whatever crater it made, not to mention
the tracks of those who took it. Do not bother searching; there is
nothing of interest here.#

TBC?
Anonymous
May 6, 2004 3:39:40 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

>"What's this about my father?" Aerie growled, not turning around.
>
>#Oh, you didn't know?# The others could feel Mewtwo's smile, even if
>the expression on his face did not change.
>
>Aerie's aura began to glow. "Tell. Me."
>
>#Ah, ah, ah. There's only one way you'll get me to talk, and you know
>it isn't by fighting.#
>
>A tense ten seconds passed, ending when Aerie let her aura fade.
>"Please," she sighed.
>
>#Much better. Your father has been recruited by those who would have
>him practice his old ways. He is in no danger for now, and he may yet
>get himself out on his own, but that is not certain. If your aid is
>required, you will know.#
>
>"How specific," Derek muttered.
>
>#You wish specificity? Then let me give you some.#
>
>The cave vanished in a blaze of purple. When it faded, the group found
>themselves on a field of ash within sight of town. Those who gasped
>soon coughed, as they discovered the falling white flakes were not snow.
>
>#I heard of your quest, and took the liberty of constructing my own
>model and running it to its conclusion, with the help of some
>acquaintances. This is the exact landing spot of your friend, and there
>were reports that something fell from the sky at about the right time.
>By the time anyone came out here to recover the meteorite, it was gone.
>The ash had already filled in whatever crater it made, not to mention
>the tracks of those who took it. Do not bother searching; there is
>nothing of interest here.#
>


The group of two humans, three hybrids, and six Pokémon stood for a minute
as they considered Mewtwo's parting words.

"Well, you gotta admit, that was helpful," Cass noted. "We know specifically
where Smasher landed now, so maybe we can figure out where he went from here."
She gave a glance towards the youngest of the group, now trying to calm herself
down, and asked, "Aerie?"

"I'm fine," the younger girl nearly growled. Then she sighed. "No, I'm not.
How could I go and do that?"

"You got mad. It happens," Keaton pointed out. "Nothing bad came out of it.
We're in one piece, you're a little more aware of your limits, deal with it and
move on." With an odd stare from the others, he shrugged, "It's what I try to
do, anyway."

"<The big guy has a point,>" Obsidian noted as he knelt down next to Aerie,
being as friendly as a large, powerful Tyranitar could be. "<In the meantime,
why don't we find some civilization, grab some grub, and evaluate things from
there?>"

Aerie looked up at Obsidian, smiled a little, shrugged, and replied, "Why
not?"

"Besides, Fallarbor's not too far from here, and maybe someone's seen
Smasher," Cass pointed out. She then noticed a distant look in Enigma's many
eyes and asked, "Something wrong?"

#Mewtwo is keeping secrets,# Enigma noted.

Cass blinked. "That was unusually direct."

#He may know something about those who attacked Alex,# Enigma replied. #Hope
that he is not somehow connected to them.#

"I'd doubt that," Aerie replied.

"So do I," Cass echoed. "Still, it's good to know." As she recalled her five
Pokémon, she added, "I hope. So, Fallarbor or what?"

TBC?

William Rendfeld
Creator of Echowarrior and Alex Masters
178,000 Excellent Author Points
1 'I knew odd pokefacts that confused a bread crumb' point.
20 Y2Tech Points
Anonymous
May 6, 2004 4:00:48 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

>"What Bob doing?"
>
>#Trying to get the Unown to think for itself. It teaches a pokemon to rely
>more on itself
>than its trainer. Worked wonders for me#
>
>"Mimic no sure about that"
>
>#What's THAT supposed to mean?#
>
>"Nothing," Mimic replied way too innocently, earning himself a pair of
>glares.
>
>-------
>
>In Mauville City, a ghost sensed the energies of the shiny Unown, and the
>fact they
>were a lot closer than Lavaridge. This was an interesting turn of events for
>the
>ghost-type craving life.
>

[NS: Here's one curve ball, curtesy of Fate and myself.]

"Jason!" the Duskull known as Sai Meilan hissed to her traveling companion
as they and their third neared the Mauville Gym. "Two Shiny Unown are nearby!"

"I have a Gym Battle, remember?" Jason Cassidy rudely asked.

"Oh?" Meilan turned to face him, her one eye meeting his. "Then care to
explain why we've been standing outside the Gym for CONFUCIUS KNOWS HOW LONG?"

"I'm merely deciding who I should battle with," Jason curtly replied.

"Um, if you two have something to worry about, you should really go on
ahead," Keiko Kamen noted. "I mean, this is important, isn't it?"

"Very much so, miss," Meilan replied politely. "Please forgive us for not
joining you in your Gym challenge."

"Oh, it's no problem," Keiko answered.

Meilan bobbed a bit in the air, her closest approximation to nodding, then
began to float off before noticing that her partner hadn't moved an inch.
"Jason! Now!"

"Unown later, Gym Battle-AGGGHHH!"

Jason was interrupted as Meilan pushed her ghostly head down a nearby
fencepost. While she would suffer minimal damage due to the attack, due to
their Destiny Bond, Jason would feel immense pain. She stopped, and allowed
Jason a few seconds to recover. "Unown, now. Gym Battle, later."

Jason growled, and begrudgingly followed Meilan. Keiko, meanwhile, shook her
head and said softly, "Strange people."

Her thoughts were interrupted as a passerby walked up to her, pointed at
her, and said, "Hey, you're naked!"

-

#Hey, Mimic?#

An Azurill popped his head out of the nearby grasses. "Yes?"

#Don't look now, but I think Fate's thrown us a curve.#

Mimic looked towards the advancing Jason and Meilan, then noted, "What
bringing them...?" Mimic then remembered Dbu and Aay. "Raffy, need distraction.
Get Bob away while Mimic handle things."

TBC?


William Rendfeld
Creator of Echowarrior and Alex Masters
178,000 Excellent Author Points
1 'I knew odd pokefacts that confused a bread crumb' point.
20 Y2Tech Points
May 6, 2004 4:00:49 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

"William Rendfeld" <warendfeld@aol.com> wrote in message
news:20040505200048.18679.00000526@mb-m26.aol.com...
> >"What Bob doing?"
> >
> >#Trying to get the Unown to think for itself. It teaches a pokemon to rely
> >more on itself
> >than its trainer. Worked wonders for me#
> >
> >"Mimic no sure about that"
> >
> >#What's THAT supposed to mean?#
> >
> >"Nothing," Mimic replied way too innocently, earning himself a pair of
> >glares.
> >
> >-------
> >
> >In Mauville City, a ghost sensed the energies of the shiny Unown, and the
> >fact they
> >were a lot closer than Lavaridge. This was an interesting turn of events for
> >the
> >ghost-type craving life.
> >
>
> [NS: Here's one curve ball, curtesy of Fate and myself.]
>
> "Jason!" the Duskull known as Sai Meilan hissed to her traveling companion
> as they and their third neared the Mauville Gym. "Two Shiny Unown are nearby!"
>
> "I have a Gym Battle, remember?" Jason Cassidy rudely asked.
>
> "Oh?" Meilan turned to face him, her one eye meeting his. "Then care to
> explain why we've been standing outside the Gym for CONFUCIUS KNOWS HOW LONG?"
>
> "I'm merely deciding who I should battle with," Jason curtly replied.
>
> "Um, if you two have something to worry about, you should really go on
> ahead," Keiko Kamen noted. "I mean, this is important, isn't it?"
>
> "Very much so, miss," Meilan replied politely. "Please forgive us for not
> joining you in your Gym challenge."
>
> "Oh, it's no problem," Keiko answered.
>
> Meilan bobbed a bit in the air, her closest approximation to nodding, then
> began to float off before noticing that her partner hadn't moved an inch.
> "Jason! Now!"
>
> "Unown later, Gym Battle-AGGGHHH!"
>
> Jason was interrupted as Meilan pushed her ghostly head down a nearby
> fencepost. While she would suffer minimal damage due to the attack, due to
> their Destiny Bond, Jason would feel immense pain. She stopped, and allowed
> Jason a few seconds to recover. "Unown, now. Gym Battle, later."
>
> Jason growled, and begrudgingly followed Meilan. Keiko, meanwhile, shook her
> head and said softly, "Strange people."
>
> Her thoughts were interrupted as a passerby walked up to her, pointed at
> her, and said, "Hey, you're naked!"
>
> -
>
> #Hey, Mimic?#
>
> An Azurill popped his head out of the nearby grasses. "Yes?"
>
> #Don't look now, but I think Fate's thrown us a curve.#
>
> Mimic looked towards the advancing Jason and Meilan, then noted, "What
> bringing them...?" Mimic then remembered Dbu and Aay. "Raffy, need distraction.
> Get Bob away while Mimic handle things."

And Raffy thought of the perfect distraction

#Say breeder boy, how about checking out that asylum?#

"Why the rush?"

#Cause I don't want to save your grass-type ass any more than I have to. Plus,
worrying about you is giving me a headache#

"Whatever. If they try to keep me, I guess I can Razor Leaf the straitjacket and
Solarbeam an escape route if needed."

#...#

"I think Aerie's finally starting to rub off on me"

Somewhere in the regoin of Fallarbor, a Ditto Hybrid sneezed for no reason. Nobody
thought much of it due the sh scattered about the area.

"Let's go Raffy, no sense wasting a good day arguing."

And the pair sauntered off towards Verdenturf, with Bob blissfully unaware of what could
have happenned. Dbu was hovering about three inches off of Bob's shoulder, content to
enjoy the day for now as well. Training could come later.

Raffy breathed a sigh of relief. Homocidal hybrid trainers weren't high on his list of things to
fight, especially when it was his own trainer. Though, he couldn't quite help but wonder
what kind of distration Mimic was planning ...

Meanwhile in Verdenturf, the only free Aqua agents were scheming something, unaware that
Bob was returning to the area. Luckily Bob was unaware that they werre there. With some
luck, that would last.

-------
Clayton

Random Tagline:
Unleash the fury of the Djinn!
Anonymous
May 16, 2004 3:46:26 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

William Rendfeld wrote:
> #Mewtwo is keeping secrets,# Enigma noted.
>
> Cass blinked. "That was unusually direct."
>
> #He may know something about those who attacked Alex,# Enigma replied. #Hope
> that he is not somehow connected to them.#
>
> "I'd doubt that," Aerie replied.
>
> "So do I," Cass echoed. "Still, it's good to know." As she recalled her five
> Pokémon, she added, "I hope. So, Fallarbor or what?"

"We are being watched," Kitsu quietly interrupted.

"Eh?" Cass looked around. "Whe-"

"There!" Derek, Keaton, Aerie, and Kitsu pointed as one towards an
oddly-colored tree.

The tree's skin fluttered then rolled up, revealing itself to be a
well-woven piece of camoflauge. "I see I must improve my skills," said
the marowak-skull-helmeted, grey-pajama-clad boy who had been holding up
the blanket. His clothes still made him hard to see against the tree;
only a slit for his eyes, black equipment pouches, and a belt stood out
against the ash-covered tree bark. And the helmet, ash having dulled it
to almost the same shade as the whites of his eyes.

Derek blinked. "Is that Smasher?"

Cass shook her head. "No. He's too short."

Kitsu's nostrils flared. "And Smasher didn't smell of ninja."

The boy stared at that, then raised his arms and sniffed his armpits.

Aerie sniffed too. "I don't smell anything."

"Relax, sis," Keaton advised. "He's got at least five friends within
sight."

"But he does have Smasher's helmet," Kitsu replied.

"You sure? There are other Marowak."

Aerie squinted. "Hey, she's right! See the way the teeth line up, and
how the eye sockets are just slightly uneven? Looks like it's picked up
a few new cracks, though."

"Ah," the ninja realized. "You know the origin of this artifact. If
you have come to claim it, I must warn you: it fell to the ground with
no apparent owner. It is now mine by right of salvage."

"It belongs to a friend of ours," Cass explained. "We'd like to give it
back to him, once we find him."

"I witnessed its fall from a distance, but when I found it, there was no
one nearby." A pokeball appeared in the grey-clad one's hand. "I shall
not give it up without a batURK!"

Thanks to a quick attack, one of Aerie's hands pinned the ninja boy's
wrist to the tree, leaning on the nerves ever so slightly to prevent his
hand from releasing its cargo, while the other removed the helmet.
"Sorry, NOT in the mood."

Rustling sounded from several directions, as several more ninja revealed
themselves. "I don't think that was the wisest idea," Keaton warned.

TBC?
May 16, 2004 3:46:27 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

"Adrian Tymes" <wingcat@pacbell.net> wrote in message
news:mZxpc.67555$fv1.24108@newssvr25.news.prodigy.com...
> William Rendfeld wrote:
> > #Mewtwo is keeping secrets,# Enigma noted.
> >
> > Cass blinked. "That was unusually direct."
> >
> > #He may know something about those who attacked Alex,# Enigma replied. #Hope
> > that he is not somehow connected to them.#
> >
> > "I'd doubt that," Aerie replied.
> >
> > "So do I," Cass echoed. "Still, it's good to know." As she recalled her five
> > Pokémon, she added, "I hope. So, Fallarbor or what?"
>
> "We are being watched," Kitsu quietly interrupted.
>
> "Eh?" Cass looked around. "Whe-"
>
> "There!" Derek, Keaton, Aerie, and Kitsu pointed as one towards an
> oddly-colored tree.
>
> The tree's skin fluttered then rolled up, revealing itself to be a
> well-woven piece of camoflauge. "I see I must improve my skills," said
> the marowak-skull-helmeted, grey-pajama-clad boy who had been holding up
> the blanket. His clothes still made him hard to see against the tree;
> only a slit for his eyes, black equipment pouches, and a belt stood out
> against the ash-covered tree bark. And the helmet, ash having dulled it
> to almost the same shade as the whites of his eyes.
>
> Derek blinked. "Is that Smasher?"
>
> Cass shook her head. "No. He's too short."
>
> Kitsu's nostrils flared. "And Smasher didn't smell of ninja."
>
> The boy stared at that, then raised his arms and sniffed his armpits.
>
> Aerie sniffed too. "I don't smell anything."
>
> "Relax, sis," Keaton advised. "He's got at least five friends within
> sight."
>
> "But he does have Smasher's helmet," Kitsu replied.
>
> "You sure? There are other Marowak."
>
> Aerie squinted. "Hey, she's right! See the way the teeth line up, and
> how the eye sockets are just slightly uneven? Looks like it's picked up
> a few new cracks, though."
>
> "Ah," the ninja realized. "You know the origin of this artifact. If
> you have come to claim it, I must warn you: it fell to the ground with
> no apparent owner. It is now mine by right of salvage."
>
> "It belongs to a friend of ours," Cass explained. "We'd like to give it
> back to him, once we find him."
>
> "I witnessed its fall from a distance, but when I found it, there was no
> one nearby." A pokeball appeared in the grey-clad one's hand. "I shall
> not give it up without a batURK!"
>
> Thanks to a quick attack, one of Aerie's hands pinned the ninja boy's
> wrist to the tree, leaning on the nerves ever so slightly to prevent his
> hand from releasing its cargo, while the other removed the helmet.
> "Sorry, NOT in the mood."
>
> Rustling sounded from several directions, as several more ninja revealed
> themselves. "I don't think that was the wisest idea," Keaton warned.

"Wow, they provided a warm-up," Derek noted, popping a couple of joints.

"Cham"

"This is a warm up?" Cass asked, looking rather stunned.

"Sure. They look like kids. I remember one time when I was lost, there was
this tribe of female warriors hell-bent on doing ... things to me. Only time I
was greatful for having a bad sense of direction."

"Talk later, fight now."

By now, about 8 other Ninja Children, a couple of them girls had joined the fray.
Meaning that there were 9 highly irate ninjas calling on pokemon for what promised
to be an impressive fight scene. Even the ninjas themselves were brandishing
some weapons while the prized Marowak skull helmet was being stored in
Aerie's personal subspace, wherever that was

"Okay, I amend my previous statement to 'Good Workout'. Sabrina, it's time."
Derek said calmly, releasing a smaller-than-average Sabelye. She looked at
the opposing forces, then at Derek and his rather odd assortment of friends.

"Sable sable sableye!" the Dark Ghost said in an almost taunting singsong voice

"Ouch," Kitsu noted, watching as the head ninja, the one that Aerie pissed off
was visibly fuming

"NOBODY says that about my MOTHER!"

Derek beamed. The tactic was working

TBC

-------
Clayton

Random Tagline
.... They should have said it about my father cause I woulda agreed
Anonymous
May 17, 2004 4:10:36 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

>By now, about 8 other Ninja Children, a couple of them girls had joined the
>fray.
>Meaning that there were 9 highly irate ninjas calling on pokemon for what
>promised
>to be an impressive fight scene. Even the ninjas themselves were brandishing
>some weapons while the prized Marowak skull helmet was being stored in
>Aerie's personal subspace, wherever that was
>
>"Okay, I amend my previous statement to 'Good Workout'. Sabrina, it's time."
>Derek said calmly, releasing a smaller-than-average Sabelye. She looked at
>the opposing forces, then at Derek and his rather odd assortment of friends.
>
>"Sable sable sableye!" the Dark Ghost said in an almost taunting singsong
>voice
>
>"Ouch," Kitsu noted, watching as the head ninja, the one that Aerie pissed
>off
>was visibly fuming
>
>"NOBODY says that about my MOTHER!"
>
>Derek beamed. The tactic was working
>

As the nine Ninja Children surrounded the five members of the Search Party,
Cass quickly spoke up, "Looks like flight isn't an option at this point!"

"You are correct, absurdly tall girl with red hair!" one of the Ninja Boys,
a bit shorter than the others, piped up. "For taking something which belongs to
a member of our number, as well as insulting him, you shall receive
retribution!"

"Hey, hold on!" Cass called out. "That helmet belongs to a friend of ours,
one who may well be dead or dying at this point! The least we can do is find
that thing and get it back to his family!"

"We are not concerned with that," the Ninja Boy spoke up again. "It belongs
to our comrade now!"

"You want to explain that to the guy's father?" Cass asked in reply. "Maybe
you've heard of him. He's the Gym Leader in Petalburg; his name's Norman!"

The Ninjas stopped a bit, considering Cass's words, before the short Ninja
Boy spoke again, "It is a trick! We will not allow you to steal the helmet!"

"So much for diplomacy," Cass noted, palming both Obsidian and Nosedive's
Poké Balls. "Kitsu, Keaton, Aerie, Derek, watch yourselves. The end result is
not gonna be pretty."

"You're telling me," Keaton noted, drawing his sword as Kitsu seemed to
shift into her were-Ninetales form and fling off her normal clothing, revealing
a more combat-ready (and revealing) Sailor-style outfit beneath.

TBC

[NS: I know, not much, but I figured I'd set things up a little bit.]

William Rendfeld
Creator of Echowarrior and Alex Masters
178,000 Excellent Author Points
1 'I knew odd pokefacts that confused a bread crumb' point.
20 Y2Tech Points
May 20, 2004 4:24:19 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

> "You are correct, absurdly tall girl with red hair!" one of the Ninja Boys,
> a bit shorter than the others, piped up. "For taking something which belongs to
> a member of our number, as well as insulting him, you shall receive
> retribution!"
>
> "Hey, hold on!" Cass called out. "That helmet belongs to a friend of ours,
> one who may well be dead or dying at this point! The least we can do is find
> that thing and get it back to his family!"
>
> "We are not concerned with that," the Ninja Boy spoke up again. "It belongs
> to our comrade now!"
>
> "You want to explain that to the guy's father?" Cass asked in reply. "Maybe
> you've heard of him. He's the Gym Leader in Petalburg; his name's Norman!"
>
> The Ninjas stopped a bit, considering Cass's words, before the short Ninja
> Boy spoke again, "It is a trick! We will not allow you to steal the helmet!"
>
> "So much for diplomacy," Cass noted, palming both Obsidian and Nosedive's
> Poké Balls. "Kitsu, Keaton, Aerie, Derek, watch yourselves. The end result is
> not gonna be pretty."
>
> "You're telling me," Keaton noted, drawing his sword as Kitsu seemed to
> shift into her were-Ninetales form and fling off her normal clothing, revealing
> a more combat-ready (and revealing) Sailor-style outfit beneath.

"I don't suppose you folks couldn't just go back to hiding, huh?

"Sable. Sable able bleye!"

"Silence! You called me wimp! Now I whoop you with my pimp ninja powers!"
And the one Ninja Boy charged into the fight, little katana glinting in the ashen field.

Sabrina ducked the slash "Sable!" She said, sticking her tongue out at the child.

"You will suffer evil ghost. "Ryoko!" The boy called out, unleashing a rather intimidating
Ninjask. Sabrina acted as if she was buffing her claws on her chest.

"Sable able eye Sable ableye eye."

"JASK?" While proud to be a fighter, Ryoko was proud of being a female Ninjask.
Calling her a tomboy was one of the biggest insults that could be raised against her.
So using her obviously superior speed, she pimp-slapped the Sableye.

And so the pokemon battle had begun. But the Ninja Boy that had started the attack
wasn't content to simply sit there. Spying the one that allowed their pokemon to insult
his honor, he charged, the light coating on the ashen field being kicked up as he ran.
His katana gleamed in the light not blocked out by the disturbed ash.

At the last secong, the sword was stopped by an umbrella of all things. "You have
issues. Seriously, a pimp ninja." Derek said, perrying a couple more blows. "And you
could hurt yourself playing with knives."

"Die!"

"Not today, I still have an ancient training ground to visit" Derek replied, ducking a
fury-filled slash.

TBC

-------
Clayton

[NS: I'll just let everyone else write in their own pocket of chaos.]
Anonymous
May 20, 2004 11:07:00 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

Clayton wrote:
> At the last secong, the sword was stopped by an umbrella of all things. "You have
> issues. Seriously, a pimp ninja." Derek said, perrying a couple more blows. "And you
> could hurt yourself playing with knives."
>
> "Die!"
>
> "Not today, I still have an ancient training ground to visit" Derek replied, ducking a
> fury-filled slash.

Meanwhile, Aerie was facing down one of the subordinate male ninja.
"Let me guess," she taunted, "you're going to sit back and let your
pokemon do all the work?"

The boy, seemingly nondescript in every way except for being a ninja,
had been reaching for his pokeball. He stopped on hearing her words,
instead reaching for his sword. "You shall not trick Ichiro so easily."

She frowned. "'Boy Number One'?"

"You know the meaning of my name! You have honor, girl thief, and for
that I shall merely cleave your head you for your offense."

"Yeah, right. I'd like to see you try."

"Very well." Ichiro drew his blade and charged, leaping dramatically to
bring his blade down upon her skull...

....but instead impacted groin-first on her outstretched fist with a
*CRUNCH*. He slid, cross-eyed, from the impact and lay very still.

Another ninja, a dead ringer for the first, did the screaming. "YOU!"
He whipped out his blade and pointed it accusingly at her. "No one does
that to my brother! I, Jiro, shall avenge him!"

"'Boy Number Two'?" Aerie shook her head. "What kind of mother names
her sons like that?"

"We are not brothers by birth, although our bonds are as tight. We
choose our own names, and he entered the clan before I."

The ditto hybrid rolled her eyes. "Whatever. I suppose you're going to
cut me into little pieces now?"

"That is correct. I would ask you to wash your neck first, but one such
as you deserves no time to make peace." Jiro charged, swinging his
sword before he could get in range of Aerie's fists...

....and was totally unprepared when she kicked Ichiro's limp body up and
into his path, causing Ichiro's skull to impact with Jiro's groin in an
almost identical *CRUNCH*. Both ninja, both cross-eyed, fell to the
ground.

Another ninja seemed to fade into existance, regarding Aerie with a
perfect poker face.

"And you would be Saburo?" Aerie guessed.

"Nope." The ninja took her mask and hood off, letting curly blond hair
almost as long as Aerie's spill out. "Name's Candy." She blew and
popped a bubblegum bubble. "Don't worry, I'm not here for you. Master
says I'm too irresponsible for pokemon or weapons just yet. Like,
what*ever*. I'm just here to prove him wrong by keeping out of
trouble." She grabbed the collars of her two fallen allies. "From what
you said, I don't think you wanna fight more'n you have to, so I'll just
take these guys back to base, 'k?"

"Okay." Aerie kept one eye on Candy as she dragged Jiro and Ichiro
away, while looking around to see if anyone else needed help.

TBC?

> [NS: I'll just let everyone else write in their own pocket of chaos.]

[NS: Sorry for the delay. Writer's inspiration was fleeting just now.]
Anonymous
May 21, 2004 5:04:14 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

>"And you would be Saburo?" Aerie guessed.
>
>"Nope." The ninja took her mask and hood off, letting curly blond hair
>almost as long as Aerie's spill out. "Name's Candy." She blew and
>popped a bubblegum bubble. "Don't worry, I'm not here for you. Master
>says I'm too irresponsible for pokemon or weapons just yet. Like,
>what*ever*. I'm just here to prove him wrong by keeping out of
>trouble." She grabbed the collars of her two fallen allies. "From what
>you said, I don't think you wanna fight more'n you have to, so I'll just
>take these guys back to base, 'k?"
>
>"Okay." Aerie kept one eye on Candy as she dragged Jiro and Ichiro
>away, while looking around to see if anyone else needed help.
>

Cass, meanwhile, had a slight problem awaiting her. While Aerie had dealt
with three ninjas and Derek was contending with a fourth, she found herself
dealing with two ninjas.

"Miss, we ask that you convince your young friend to return what belongs to
our comrade," one politely asked. "Otherwise, we will send forth our Pokémon."

"We have Bagon, you see," the second ninja, a girl, warned.

"Bagon?" Cass asked in disbelief. "That's kinda impressive, but I can do one
better."

With those words, she returned Nosedive's Poké Ball to her belt, pulled out
Hot Shot's, then opened both the Dragonite's ball and that of Obsidian.

When the two Pokémon appeared on the field, they quickly prepped themselves
for battle. Obsidian gave out a cry that was a mix of roar and yawn, but stood
ready to battle. Hot Shot, meanwhile, stretched his neck and rolled his
shoulders a bit.

As the two ninjas looked at her in disbelief, Cass suggested, "Now, neither
of these guys is really a fighter by trade, but they're pretty well trained. If
you really want a battle, fine, go ahead. But these two aren't pansies."

The two ninjas blinked, then looked at one another. "Bruder? What do you
think?"

"Schwester, in this case, I believe discretion is the better part of valor,"
the male ninja told his female counterpart. They quickly called to their
associates, "At the risk of sounding cowardly, we suggest running away!"

TBC

>> [NS: I'll just let everyone else write in their own pocket of chaos.]
>
>[NS: Sorry for the delay. Writer's inspiration was fleeting just now.]
>
[NS: Well, I hope that suffices for me. Now back to waiting...]

William Rendfeld
Creator of Echowarrior and Alex Masters
178,000 Excellent Author Points
1 'I knew odd pokefacts that confused a bread crumb' point.
20 Y2Tech Points
!