Granting Permissions to Manage Virtual Directories

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.security,microsoft.public.win2000.security,microsoft.public.windows.server.security (More info?)

Hello,

I'd like to connect to a remote server and add/configure virtual directories
in IIS using the Computer Management MMC snap-in.

Are there certain [minimum] permissions that my systems administrator could
assign my Windows domain account to accomplish this without giving me
Administrator privileges on the box?

Thank you.
2 answers Last reply
More about granting permissions manage virtual directories
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.security,microsoft.public.win2000.security,microsoft.public.windows.server.security (More info?)

    You really should ask in one of the inetserver newsgroups
    and when doing so indicate what version of IIS.
    Prior to IIS 6 it was possible to name IIS admins on a per
    website basis - but I am unsure whether you speak of a
    web or a site, and also whether one should allow or if it is
    possible to use remote connection with the mgmt tools for
    such a limited "sub-admin" role.

    --
    Roger Abell
    MCSE (W2k3,W2k,Nt4) MCDBA
    <anon> wrote in message news:%23IqoMCDvEHA.2520@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'd like to connect to a remote server and add/configure virtual
    directories
    > in IIS using the Computer Management MMC snap-in.
    >
    > Are there certain [minimum] permissions that my systems administrator
    could
    > assign my Windows domain account to accomplish this without giving me
    > Administrator privileges on the box?
    >
    > Thank you.

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.security,microsoft.public.win2000.security,microsoft.public.windows.server.security (More info?)

    Thank you for the reply.

    > You really should ask in one of the inetserver newsgroups
    > and when doing so indicate what version of IIS.
    > Prior to IIS 6 it was possible to name IIS admins on a per
    > website basis - but I am unsure whether you speak of a
    > web or a site, and also whether one should allow or if it is
    > possible to use remote connection with the mgmt tools for
    > such a limited "sub-admin" role.
    >
    > --
    > Roger Abell
    > Microsoft MVP (Windows Server System: Security)
    > MCSE (W2k3,W2k,Nt4) MCDBA
    > <anon> wrote in message news:%23IqoMCDvEHA.2520@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I'd like to connect to a remote server and add/configure virtual
    > directories
    > > in IIS using the Computer Management MMC snap-in.
    > >
    > > Are there certain [minimum] permissions that my systems administrator
    > could
    > > assign my Windows domain account to accomplish this without giving me
    > > Administrator privileges on the box?
    > >
    > > Thank you.

Security Microsoft Permissions Windows