Granting Permissions to Manage Virtual Directories

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.security,microsoft.public.win2000.security,microsoft.public.windows.server.security (More info?)

Hello,

I'd like to connect to a remote server and add/configure virtual directories
in IIS using the Computer Management MMC snap-in.

Are there certain [minimum] permissions that my systems administrator could
assign my Windows domain account to accomplish this without giving me
Administrator privileges on the box?

Thank you.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.security,microsoft.public.win2000.security,microsoft.public.windows.server.security (More info?)

You really should ask in one of the inetserver newsgroups
and when doing so indicate what version of IIS.
Prior to IIS 6 it was possible to name IIS admins on a per
website basis - but I am unsure whether you speak of a
web or a site, and also whether one should allow or if it is
possible to use remote connection with the mgmt tools for
such a limited "sub-admin" role.

--
Roger Abell
MCSE (W2k3,W2k,Nt4) MCDBA
<anon> wrote in message news:%23IqoMCDvEHA.2520@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to connect to a remote server and add/configure virtual
directories
> in IIS using the Computer Management MMC snap-in.
>
> Are there certain [minimum] permissions that my systems administrator
could
> assign my Windows domain account to accomplish this without giving me
> Administrator privileges on the box?
>
> Thank you.

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.security,microsoft.public.win2000.security,microsoft.public.windows.server.security (More info?)

Thank you for the reply.