Choice of which copy of XP to start

March 4, 2005 2:55:47 PM

i am relatively new to XP. Friend has XP Home & when he boots he comes
to a black & white screen that asks him to choose the correct operating
system to ope. The first one is corrupted & he always starts the second
one.

How can he delete the first option?

TIA
Echy

More about : choice copy start

Anonymous
March 4, 2005 2:55:48 PM

Look under D for Dual Booting
peterk
"Echy" <acuhcewrongone@bmail.com.au> wrote in message

> i am relatively new to XP. Friend has XP Home & when he boots he comes to
> a black & white screen that asks him to choose the correct operating
> system to ope. The first one is corrupted & he always starts the second
> one.
>
> How can he delete the first option?
>
> TIA
> Echy
Anonymous
March 4, 2005 2:55:48 PM

Echy wrote:
> i am relatively new to XP. Friend has XP Home & when he boots he comes
> to a black & white screen that asks him to choose the correct
> operating system to ope. The first one is corrupted & he always
> starts the second one.
>
> How can he delete the first option?
>
> TIA
> Echy

Start > Run > type 'msconfig (no quotes) > boot.ini tab > hit check all boot
paths button > click yes (or OK) when prompted to remove invalid paths.
on salads.
March 4, 2005 2:55:48 PM

In news:4227b214$0$31618$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au,
Echy <acuhcewrongone@bmail.com.au> respectfully replied ;-)
> i am relatively new to XP. Friend has XP Home & when he boots he comes
> to a black & white screen that asks him to choose the correct
> operating system to ope. The first one is corrupted & he always
> starts the second one.
>
> How can he delete the first option?
>
> TIA
> Echy

Click on or copy and paste the link below into your web browser address box.
I have two installations of Windows/Windows XP on the same partition.......
#20 on the FAQ list
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/xpfaq.html
--
Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP
xpnews@bogusmichaelstevenstech.com

Echy wrote:

> i am relatively new to XP. Friend has XP Home & when he boots he comes
> to a black & white screen that asks him to choose the correct operating
> system to ope. The first one is corrupted & he always starts the second
> one.
>
> How can he delete the first option?
>
> TIA
> Echy

Many thanks for the quick replies. I happened to try Miss Ticks
suggestion first & it worked a treat. My friend is very happy, thanks.

--
Regards
Echy

Greetings from Melbourne, Australia