Unallocated hard disk

curious123

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2011
I have a problem with a second hard disk. I can't see it on computer. It seems only in disk manager and it says 'unallocated'. What do I have to do that I get it to view like my primary hard disk (C)? I don't want to format it because it includes a lot of important files. Can someone help me?

Thanks!

curious123

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2011
I don't have format option and it is not a new drive. It is a second hard disk. I have two hard disks and the 'unallocated' one is a drive which includes all data except Windows. I can see files with EASEUS Data recovery program, but is it possible to get the hard disk appear on 'my computer'?

If he does that, he'll lose his data.

Good point well made.

In that case in the disk manager, where the disk is named (the small grey squarish block) there should be some options to make the disk online, or mount it.

it wasn't in a dynamic volume before was it?

He posted a link to disk management already. See above.

hnjo

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013

go to disk management/storage/right click on harddisk that is unallocated than press new simple volume and follow the steps it worked for me i had the same issue :))

hnjo

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013
go to disk management/storage/right click on harddisk that is unallocated than press new simple volume and follow the steps it worked for me i had the same issue )

haykking

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013
i have same typ of problem and i relized that the problem is not just leting me give new letter also saying that the disk is not installed , when i click install it says error the disk is protected bla bla and dosent leting me to do ( it is just a simple f... external hard drive and i dont know what ales to do ) any help guys please ....