Howto Disable Logon script on some workstations in a win2k..

I have some production workstation were every one can login but i need to
disable the logon script
so they can not use the normal share's and other stuff that is needed on
office workstations.
Is there a local policy i can use for those workstations?
3 answers Last reply
More about howto disable logon script workstations win2k

    You can use Group Policy to manage logon and startup scripts for Windows
    2000/XP Pro/W2003 Computers. Logon scripts would be part of "user"
    configuration and only apply to users within the scope of influence of the
    Group Policy. You could create Organizational Units with Group Policies that
    apply logon scripts to the users that have their user accounts in the OU.
    Then two different users could logon to the same domain computer and have
    different logon scripts applied. See the links below for more info. ---
    Steve

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;198642

    "cvcn" <cvcn@pandora.be> wrote in message
    >I have some production workstation were every one can login but i need to
    > disable the logon script
    > so they can not use the normal share's and other stuff that is needed on
    > office workstations.
    > Is there a local policy i can use for those workstations?

    Thanks,
    but because this is a production(machine) computer I need some local policie
    reg.key
    independen of domain policies. I can not ask IT to add group policy every
    time we add a machine in the plant

    "Steven L Umbach" <n9rou@n0-spam-for-me-comcast.net> schreef in bericht
    > You can use Group Policy to manage logon and startup scripts for Windows
    > 2000/XP Pro/W2003 Computers. Logon scripts would be part of "user"
    > configuration and only apply to users within the scope of influence of the
    > Group Policy. You could create Organizational Units with Group Policies
    that
    > apply logon scripts to the users that have their user accounts in the OU.
    > Then two different users could logon to the same domain computer and have
    > different logon scripts applied. See the links below for more info. ---
    > Steve

    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;198642
    >
    > "cvcn" <cvcn@pandora.be> wrote in message
    > >I have some production workstation were every one can login but i need to
    > > disable the logon script
    > > so they can not use the normal share's and other stuff that is needed
    on
    > > office workstations.
    > > Is there a local policy i can use for those workstations?

    I am not quite I understand your exact situation but you would not have to
    add a Group Policy every time a machine is added to the domain. You can
    control logon script behavior for "users" in the domain via Group Policy and
    it would not matter what machine they logged onto. Now if you have a group
    of computers that you want different user policy applied to than other
    computers you can put those computers in an Organizational Unit with it's
    own Group Policy and configure that Group Policy to use "loopback
    processing" of Group Policy so that normal user configuration policy would
    not apply to those computers but instead the Group Policy configured for the
    OU where those computers are located would be used instead if that
    lps. --- Steve

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;231287 -- how to
    configure loopback processing of Group Policy.

    > Thanks,
    > but because this is a production(machine) computer I need some local
    > policie
    > reg.key
    > independen of domain policies. I can not ask IT to add group policy every
    > time we add a machine in the plant
    >

    > "Steven L Umbach" <n9rou@n0-spam-for-me-comcast.net> schreef in bericht
    >> You can use Group Policy to manage logon and startup scripts for Windows
    >> 2000/XP Pro/W2003 Computers. Logon scripts would be part of "user"
    >> configuration and only apply to users within the scope of influence of
    >> the
    >> Group Policy. You could create Organizational Units with Group Policies
    > that
    >> apply logon scripts to the users that have their user accounts in the OU.
    >> Then two different users could logon to the same domain computer and have
    >> different logon scripts applied. See the links below for more info. ---
    >> Steve
    >>
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322241/EN-US/
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;198642
    >>
    >> "cvcn" <cvcn@pandora.be> wrote in message
    >> >I have some production workstation were every one can login but i need
    >> > disable the logon script
    >> > so they can not use the normal share's and other stuff that is needed
    > on
    >> > office workstations.
    >> > Is there a local policy i can use for those workstations?

Security Workstations Microsoft Windows