Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Howto Disable Logon script on some workstations in a win2k..

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
October 28, 2004 10:24:46 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

I have some production workstation were every one can login but i need to
disable the logon script
so they can not use the normal share's and other stuff that is needed on
office workstations.
Is there a local policy i can use for those workstations?
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
October 29, 2004 7:24:02 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

You can use Group Policy to manage logon and startup scripts for Windows
2000/XP Pro/W2003 Computers. Logon scripts would be part of "user"
configuration and only apply to users within the scope of influence of the
Group Policy. You could create Organizational Units with Group Policies that
apply logon scripts to the users that have their user accounts in the OU.
Then two different users could logon to the same domain computer and have
different logon scripts applied. See the links below for more info. ---
Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322241/EN-US/
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;198642

"cvcn" <cvcn@pandora.be> wrote in message
news:o Pagd.2804$di.307247@phobos.telenet-ops.be...
>I have some production workstation were every one can login but i need to
> disable the logon script
> so they can not use the normal share's and other stuff that is needed on
> office workstations.
> Is there a local policy i can use for those workstations?
>
>
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
November 2, 2004 2:37:34 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

Thanks,
but because this is a production(machine) computer I need some local policie
reg.key
independen of domain policies. I can not ask IT to add group policy every
time we add a machine in the plant



"Steven L Umbach" <n9rou@n0-spam-for-me-comcast.net> schreef in bericht
news:mJigd.266113$wV.148587@attbi_s54...
> You can use Group Policy to manage logon and startup scripts for Windows
> 2000/XP Pro/W2003 Computers. Logon scripts would be part of "user"
> configuration and only apply to users within the scope of influence of the
> Group Policy. You could create Organizational Units with Group Policies
that
> apply logon scripts to the users that have their user accounts in the OU.
> Then two different users could logon to the same domain computer and have
> different logon scripts applied. See the links below for more info. ---
> Steve
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322241/EN-US/
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;198642
>
> "cvcn" <cvcn@pandora.be> wrote in message
> news:o Pagd.2804$di.307247@phobos.telenet-ops.be...
> >I have some production workstation were every one can login but i need to
> > disable the logon script
> > so they can not use the normal share's and other stuff that is needed
on
> > office workstations.
> > Is there a local policy i can use for those workstations?
> >
> >
>
>
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
November 2, 2004 6:41:31 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

I am not quite I understand your exact situation but you would not have to
add a Group Policy every time a machine is added to the domain. You can
control logon script behavior for "users" in the domain via Group Policy and
it would not matter what machine they logged onto. Now if you have a group
of computers that you want different user policy applied to than other
computers you can put those computers in an Organizational Unit with it's
own Group Policy and configure that Group Policy to use "loopback
processing" of Group Policy so that normal user configuration policy would
not apply to those computers but instead the Group Policy configured for the
OU where those computers are located would be used instead if that
lps. --- Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;231287 -- how to
configure loopback processing of Group Policy.

"cvcn" <cvcn@pandora.be> wrote in message
news:2Nzhd.7469$XH2.476214@phobos.telenet-ops.be...
> Thanks,
> but because this is a production(machine) computer I need some local
> policie
> reg.key
> independen of domain policies. I can not ask IT to add group policy every
> time we add a machine in the plant
>
>
>
> "Steven L Umbach" <n9rou@n0-spam-for-me-comcast.net> schreef in bericht
> news:mJigd.266113$wV.148587@attbi_s54...
>> You can use Group Policy to manage logon and startup scripts for Windows
>> 2000/XP Pro/W2003 Computers. Logon scripts would be part of "user"
>> configuration and only apply to users within the scope of influence of
>> the
>> Group Policy. You could create Organizational Units with Group Policies
> that
>> apply logon scripts to the users that have their user accounts in the OU.
>> Then two different users could logon to the same domain computer and have
>> different logon scripts applied. See the links below for more info. ---
>> Steve
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322241/EN-US/
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;198642
>>
>> "cvcn" <cvcn@pandora.be> wrote in message
>> news:o Pagd.2804$di.307247@phobos.telenet-ops.be...
>> >I have some production workstation were every one can login but i need
>> >to
>> > disable the logon script
>> > so they can not use the normal share's and other stuff that is needed
> on
>> > office workstations.
>> > Is there a local policy i can use for those workstations?
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>
>
!