add/remove will not open in the control panel

March 3, 2005 8:32:21 PM

When I click (double or single) the program will not open
Anonymous
March 4, 2005 12:37:31 AM

what you can try is putting in your windows xp cd and going to Start / Run
and type in sfc /scannow click ok

This will verify that all your windows files are in good shape. This might
not fix the issue but its worth a shot. If this doesn't work I would boot up
to the windows xp cd and run a repair on the OS. That I am almost possitive
will do the trick.

Good luck

"Rick" <appelr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> When I click (double or single) the program will not open

Anonymous
March 4, 2005 12:37:32 AM

and don't forget the space after sfc.

"hustedj" <asdf@asd.com> wrote in message
> what you can try is putting in your windows xp cd and going to Start / Run
> and type in sfc /scannow click ok
>
> This will verify that all your windows files are in good shape. This might
> not fix the issue but its worth a shot. If this doesn't work I would boot
> up to the windows xp cd and run a repair on the OS. That I am almost
> possitive will do the trick.
>
> Good luck
>
> "Rick" <appelr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> When I click (double or single) the program will not open

March 4, 2005 1:13:44 AM

Hi,

The .exe file, or the link (shortcut) to it? You will find fixes for both a
www.dougknox.com under WinXP Fixes/File association fixes (.exe and .lnk).

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Rick" <appelr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> When I click (double or single) the program will not open

Anonymous
March 4, 2005 1:16:15 AM

Pardon my earlier reply, I hadn't notice that you specified Add/Remove in
the headers. Click start/run, type "control appwiz.cpl" and click ok. Does
this work? If not (and I suspect it won't), then you need to replace that
..cpl file by expanding a new one from the I386 folder. Start/run msconfig,
click on "expand file" (general tab)

File to expand: appwiz.cpl
From: X:\I386
To: C:\Windows\system32

Where X is whatever letter is assigned your CD drive (you need your WinXP CD
for this), change it accordingly. If your system was preinstalled, you may
find this instead on the hard drive under C:\Windows\I386 or simply C:\I386.
If so, change the "from" line accordingly. This assumes a default
installation to C:\Windows. If your installation is in a different folder,
such as C:\Winnt, change the "To" path accordingly. Reboot when finished.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Rick" <appelr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> When I click (double or single) the program will not open

Anonymous
March 4, 2005 12:12:44 PM

Rick,

In addition: