Samsung 20" JUST ORDERED!

mrmez

Splendid
Yaay!
Finally ordered my samsung 203b 20" LCD

Linky

It was the biggest i could find with the lowest rez, 1400x1050.
Kinda gay having to look for such low rez (compared to 16x12 or 16x10 for most 20s), but with my current sys ive only JUST got every game under control at 12x10 with pretty much max everything, so 16x12 would just kill all my games :(

Given there are ~13% more pixels i could expect the same reduction in FPS, meaning with the best games, id need to find another ~5fps, prob easy 2 get with everything currently on max.

Anyway this brings me to another thought i had... Dead pixels... All in all ive had/got 9 LCD screens ranging from 15-50" and ive only EVER had ONE! dead pixel! Given a 12x10 17" has some 1.3 million pixels, having one blow really is one in a million. Over 9 screens thats like 1 in 10 million. Not bad really. Touch wood that this1 isnt farked up. knock-knock :p :p :p

Will post pix/oppinions when i get it.

Ohhh also... the water sys i installed in Dec, had it in for like... 3 days then went away for a month is aaallll goood. Have the arvo off 2day so will post pix L8RRRRrrrr

SuperFly03

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2004
my 20.1" sceptre was 199... with 5ms response... :D

The question is... is that gray to gray or black to black..... depending on how the time is measured a 8ms could be better than a 5ms.... its stupid but true. :?

I use a 16x12 Samsung 204t 16ms response and I still get perfectly fluid gameplay out of BF2142 and all other fast paced games. So while it may be out of date (about 18 months old), it is still damned good, all be it expensive.

mrmez

Splendid
Well... just an update...
Won the bid on ebay for ~#250USD pretty cheap yeah... too cheap to believe... prob not?

Ne way, the guy had a little 'postage calculator button', plugged in my details it comes up as ~$290USD. So im thinking this CANT be nearly $300 for postage alone to AUS, i mean i buy HEAPS of stuff from US including bulky items and have never got charged anything CLOSE to that, so i think, well... thats gotta be the bid price + postage.
Apparently not. Guy emails me an invoice for nearly $600!!!
8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
I mean... GTF outta here, its not like im gonna say "ohhh no, my eBay rep is at stake here i better pay up or else ill get kick banned from the net 4 life"
Just pisses me off really.
Right or wrong there is NOOO farking way im gonna pay that. Sent the guy a nice email saying sry, but i cant pay more for postage than a 20" LCD.
Sooo.... just ordered the 940b from local pc shop.. will be in monday.
yay 4 me

PS does dvi really make a difference over vga with 12x10???

SuperFly03

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2004
PS does dvi really make a difference over vga with 12x10???

Kinda yes and kinda no. It is a complicated subject. GreatGrapeApe is much more qualified to speak on it, and has I just forget which post. I read it and from what I gather, D-Sub (what you call VGA) is better over distance is better and properly calibrated d-sub pictures look as good as DVI signals on short distances. The difference is that DVI can support HDCP whereas D-Sub can't.