why won't images show up?

JHCHEVY1

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2003
I recently replaced my hard drive.I installed everything again then I went to microsoft update and installed what ever I needed. When I'm on the internet I can see images on some sites but others there are just red x's in the spots that should be pictures or other images. Does anyone know what I missed installing? I checked my security settings and settings for the internet but everything looks liked it did before. I also tried right clicking the images and selecting show picture but nothing happened.

riser

Illustrious
What OS are you using? What version of IE are you using?
Try resetting IE defaults (Tools - Internet Options - Advanced - Restore Defaults).
What connection are you using? Is it continuing to load at the bottom of the page or does it say Done? What kind of sites are you visiting - www.cnn.com/microsoft.com/yahoo.com or private homemade sites? Does it seem like a problem with random websites, homemade websites or professional sites?
Do the pictures require shockwave or any other plugins to view?

Riser

JHCHEVY1

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2003
I am running internet explorer 6.0 on win 98. On the dell site I can see everything but on sites like bizrate.com or pricegrabber.com some pictures show up and others don't

JHCHEVY1

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2003
I have a dsl connection. the bottom says done for loading and the pictures appear to just be jpeg's or bmp's i will try restoring the defaults in the internet options.

riser

Illustrious
Ok, you restored defaults. Try to lower you internet security. Tools - Options - Security - Internet..drop it to low.
You can even try Tools - Reset Web Options.
There are so many different things that could be it.. its hard to figure it out.
Let me know what comes of that one...

Riser