Sign in with
Your question

why won't images show up?

Last response: in Networking
November 30, 2003 8:06:01 PM

I recently replaced my hard drive.I installed everything again then I went to microsoft update and installed what ever I needed. When I'm on the internet I can see images on some sites but others there are just red x's in the spots that should be pictures or other images. Does anyone know what I missed installing? I checked my security settings and settings for the internet but everything looks liked it did before. I also tried right clicking the images and selecting show picture but nothing happened.

More about : images show

December 1, 2003 6:46:35 PM

What OS are you using? What version of IE are you using?
Try resetting IE defaults (Tools - Internet Options - Advanced - Restore Defaults).
What connection are you using? Is it continuing to load at the bottom of the page or does it say Done? What kind of sites are you visiting - www.cnn.com/microsoft.com/yahoo.com or private homemade sites? Does it seem like a problem with random websites, homemade websites or professional sites?
Do the pictures require shockwave or any other plugins to view?

Riser
December 3, 2003 12:32:42 PM

I am running internet explorer 6.0 on win 98. On the dell site I can see everything but on sites like bizrate.com or pricegrabber.com some pictures show up and others don't
Related resources
December 3, 2003 12:34:54 PM

I have a dsl connection. the bottom says done for loading and the pictures appear to just be jpeg's or bmp's i will try restoring the defaults in the internet options.
December 7, 2003 3:20:31 PM

Ok, you restored defaults. Try to lower you internet security. Tools - Options - Security - Internet..drop it to low.
You can even try Tools - Reset Web Options.
There are so many different things that could be it.. its hard to figure it out.
Let me know what comes of that one...

Riser
!