  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
a b 8 Security
October 29, 2004 2:13:04 PM

Have a freshly installed version of 2000 server and receive an error when
trying to access the Internet via Internet Explorer:

“Access Denied by security policy�
“The security policy for your network prevents your request from being
allowed at this time.�

- All inter-network connections work fine via Explorer.
- Had this problem on a server over a year ago and I forget what was done
- Netscape allows Internet access from this server.

More about : internet explorer access denied error

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
October 30, 2004 1:09:08 AM

If the server is a member of a domain there may be Group Policy user
configuration applied to it to restrict that applications that can not run
on it. Otherwise check local Group Policy via gpedit.msc and drill down to
user configuration/administrative templates/system to see if there is a list
of applications in the don't run specified Windows applications. If it is
not defined, set it to disabled. Also see if the run only allowed Windows
applications is enabled. If it is a domain computer also use the gpresult
support tool to see what user configuration Group Policies are applying
while you are logged onto that computer and any of those policies could be
suspect. --- Steve

!