Internet Explorer Access Denied Error

Have a freshly installed version of 2000 server and receive an error when
trying to access the Internet via Internet Explorer:

“Access Denied by security policy�
“The security policy for your network prevents your request from being
allowed at this time.�

- All inter-network connections work fine via Explorer.
- Had this problem on a server over a year ago and I forget what was done
- Netscape allows Internet access from this server.
1 answer Last reply
More about internet explorer access denied error

    If the server is a member of a domain there may be Group Policy user
    configuration applied to it to restrict that applications that can not run
    on it. Otherwise check local Group Policy via gpedit.msc and drill down to
    user configuration/administrative templates/system to see if there is a list
    of applications in the don't run specified Windows applications. If it is
    not defined, set it to disabled. Also see if the run only allowed Windows
    applications is enabled. If it is a domain computer also use the gpresult
    support tool to see what user configuration Group Policies are applying
    while you are logged onto that computer and any of those policies could be
    suspect. --- Steve

    "Slatfatf" <Slatfatf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Have a freshly installed version of 2000 server and receive an error when
    > trying to access the Internet via Internet Explorer:
    >
    > "Access Denied by security policy"
    > "The security policy for your network prevents your request from being
    > allowed at this time."
    >
    > - All inter-network connections work fine via Explorer.
    > - Had this problem on a server over a year ago and I forget what was done
    > - Netscape allows Internet access from this server.

Internet Explorer Security Servers Windows