Sign in with
Your question

Sood(Sooth)sayer Rahul Sood. Speaks AMD and ATI

Last response: in CPUs
February 15, 2007 11:52:17 PM

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=37648

Yes, Yes i know I've done the Ultimate Sin(INQUIRER) but it's a Criticism from our favorite Canadian :wink:

Rahul's Blog Link for INQUIRER and Other link Balance

http://www.rahulsood.com/2007/02/blind-developmental-ar...
February 16, 2007 12:42:16 AM

Wow... that guy has too much time on his hands if all he has to do is make up stupid acronyms.

What a loser.
February 16, 2007 1:02:42 AM

Quote:
Wow... that guy has too much time on his hands if all he has to do is make up stupid acronyms.

What a loser.

Hey, isn't that an ACRONYM I see in your username? 8O
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
February 16, 2007 1:42:46 AM

All he said was nothing, talking in circles. 8O :?
February 16, 2007 2:11:40 AM

Quote:

What a loser.

Hey, isn't that an ACRONYM I see in your username? 8O

I can neither confirm or deny the existance of a acronym in my username.

;-)
February 16, 2007 2:23:02 AM

I don't know him but what the hell its a good article(maybe its the beatles music I am listening that blinds my judgment :lol:  )
February 16, 2007 3:22:27 AM

Great tounge in cheek article. Yeah, it's also kinda true, but mostly it's just fun. Thanks for the smile.

btw, ya'll that criticized it, ya'll missed the point, which is to entertain and amuse.
February 16, 2007 4:02:38 AM

Quote:
I don't know him but what the hell its a good article(maybe its the beatles music I am listening that blinds my judgment :lol:  )

Raul Sood has been in the industry for quite sometime, an AMD fan (not fanboy, but strong supporter). It is very general and broad, has a good point but not necessarily 'spot on' as I would put it.

Complacency what he describes, and it happens. What makes me wonder about the situation today is how much of AMD's success can be attributed to the concept. Andy Grove is famous for 'Only the paranoid survive', and paranoids are often not complacent. The slow shift of performance/power balance shift really began to show up after Grove stepped down.

Jack

Now it's like Paul O. has to prove something, as if....honor?...was at stake. I mean, as was questioned in some places, Intel seemed to be cutting prices more than needed to maximize revenues. For instance, the quad price was cut, even though there was no competition for it. And because of Paul O.'s "price war" (or just bad planning), Intel's stock price has been dead in the water, even while it triumphed with the C2duo!

Curious what you think of Paul O.'s choices.

[ok...baby is asleep now, and I'm on the way, so I'll check back tomorrow....}
!