What is the importance of deploying digital certificates o..

Win2000SP4 AD domain.

Application server admin requests that I install digital certificates in the
domain to make all Application servers more protected when being accessed
from the internal network.

I would like to double check and see implications and level of importance of
doing that ? Please advise if that is troublesome to implement.
2 answers Last reply
More about what importance deploying digital certificates

    Ask him for exactly what purpose, as there are many certificates for
    different uses. If he wants to use ipsec to encrypt traffic and use a
    require ipsec policy on the application servers to restrict access, by
    default kerberos will be used for computer authentication in a domain and
    works very well. Otherwise certificates can be used for ipsec. It is not
    that difficult to install a Certificate Authority, however users will have
    to manually request certificates [in W2K] though computer certificates can
    be issued by automatic request via Group Policy. The link below is for the
    basics of setting up a CA. --- Steve

    http://www.microsoft.com/WINDOWS2000/techinfo/planning/security/casetupsteps.asp

    "Marlon Brown" <marlon_brown@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Win2000SP4 AD domain.
    >
    > Application server admin requests that I install digital certificates in
    > the
    > domain to make all Application servers more protected when being accessed
    > from the internal network.
    >
    > I would like to double check and see implications and level of importance
    > of
    > doing that ? Please advise if that is troublesome to implement.

  2. If a webpage is secured in that sense, we cannot edit the codings and how the hackers hack the Digital certificate

Domain Servers Windows