got the parts. I think I broke processor

Algo

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2004
Ok I got all the parts. However when I was taking the processor out of the plastic box thing it came in, I didn't know which way to get it and I knocked it out. It fell about 4-5 inches onto the metal computer case. Is it a goner? I am afraid to touch it now. Also the hard drive came with lots of bubble wrap, however I knocked it off of the table I had it on about 3-3 1/2 feet onto the floor. Is it a goner?

I am not touching anything else! I am having a friend come put this together for me as I am a complete idiot. I just don't know if i'm going to be wasting my time putting these parts in if I broke them.

fueled_by_ramen

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2007
I really REALLY hope the hard drive is ok. It was SUPER wrapped in bubble wrap.

The hard drive should be OK. Since it was still wrapped and what not. Hard drives can be knocked around a bit without any real worries (consider the fact that it was shipped to you). If a hard drive is knocked or hit while it's powered on and running, then that's when problems are very likely.

As already stated, the CPU should be fine also. As long as no pins were bent or damaged when it fell.