NTFS Permissions question

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
October 29, 2004 3:53:01 PM

I have a W2K domain. I need to set permissions on an NTFS share that allows
the following.

Users can:
Create, Rename & Add Folders & Files
Deny Delete All (files & folders)

This share is also part of a DFS tree.

I've tried everything and can't get it to work correctly. Is there any way
to accomplish this????

Thanks!!!!
Anonymous
October 30, 2004 1:32:59 AM

I don't believe that can be done because renaming requires delete/modify
permissions. If you can live without users renaming files, then try giving
them just read/list/execute/write permissions. Note that if creator owner is
present [check advanced permissions also] that the user that creates the
file/folder will have whatever permissions are assigned to creator owner
which by default is full control. --- Steve

!