NTFS Permissions question

I have a W2K domain. I need to set permissions on an NTFS share that allows
the following.

Users can:
Create, Rename & Add Folders & Files
Deny Delete All (files & folders)

This share is also part of a DFS tree.

I've tried everything and can't get it to work correctly. Is there any way
to accomplish this????

Thanks!!!!
1 answer Last reply
More about ntfs permissions question

    I don't believe that can be done because renaming requires delete/modify
    permissions. If you can live without users renaming files, then try giving
    them just read/list/execute/write permissions. Note that if creator owner is
    present [check advanced permissions also] that the user that creates the
    file/folder will have whatever permissions are assigned to creator owner
    which by default is full control. --- Steve

    "CPagel" <CPagel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a W2K domain. I need to set permissions on an NTFS share that allows
    > the following.
    >
    > Users can:
    > Create, Rename & Add Folders & Files
    > Deny Delete All (files & folders)
    >
    > This share is also part of a DFS tree.
    >
    > I've tried everything and can't get it to work correctly. Is there any way
    > to accomplish this????
    >

    > Thanks!!!!

NTFS Permissions Windows