virkidmurr

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2006
okay, i built my computer around this time last year and last october a problem occured with my cheap PSU (which came with the case) and it took out my graphics card, motherboard, and memory. I just recieved my new memory today and installed it. at first, the computer booted up but froze when it reached the "loading Windows" screen. so i resetted the CMOS and that only made things worst, now when i turn my computer on, a few secs later it shuts itself off. so i made another attempt to get it to work and took everything out, then rebuilt my computer but i still encounter the same problem. Im hoping some1 could shed some light on this subject, since i have tried all that i could think of. any help is apreciated, thanks in advance.

------------update--------------
well, ive been working on the computer since i posted this and i got it to stop turning itself off, but now even though it runs i get no video and i get the beeps from the motherboard saying that there is a parity circuit faliure.....how do i solve this?

madmurph

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
parity errors are usually memory related. Beg or borrow another stick of ram, and try it. At least, take the mem stick out and reseat it, or try it in another slot.