Newegg's so called return policy

ge8ff

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2011
Before I ******* explode,

What is the point of the 30 day return policy if I can't get refunds for everything and anything I just spent my money on?

2/21/11 - Invoice date
I bought an i5 760 that's been overheating like crazy. The horrible push-pin intel stock heatsink is doing nothing. Yes, I've checked that it's 100% in and yes I've tested other thermal paste (Artic Silver 5). It also seems defective do to the idle temps being around 50C now. Note: the ambient is about 20C, so it can't be that.

I also bought an Asrock P55 PRO/USB3 motherboard. Not only is this thing not a full ATX board, but it's flimsy. The board barely reaches the I/O panel with the correct standoffs and screws installed. The 3rd row (right row, if looking into case) is about 2 inches short and require a different setup of standoffs. Large Mini ATX?

Note: Neither part is physically damaged.

I'm extremely disappointed with Newegg and now I'm stuck with about $1100 of items that can't be used until I switch those 2 out because I don't trust the stability AT ALL.

And to top it all off, P67 motherboards are now showing up (about a month earlier than intended) in e-tailers. Much better performance for about the same price. Cool.

cmm4545

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013
It's nice they finally helped you. Unfortunately, they haven't done the same for me. I'm out $325 for an ASUS motherboard that was DOA. When it was returned, they claimed the CPU pins were damaged. The pins were fine when the board was shipped and its easy to damage pins if you want to use it as an excuse for keeping the customer's money. Then they claimed any sign of installation, including thermal putty was grounds to void the return policy. Imagine that. How are you to know if a board is good if you don't install it? And who would install a hot CPU without thermal putty? Newegg offers low prices because they can get away with BS like this. I hope people read enough of these horror stories to realize it's not worth the risk to deal with them. Even if they eventually give you credit, they rode the float on your money while you stressed out. Not cool.