Silverstone 600W PSU and AGP?

Hobbs

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
Hello everyone. New guy here, running to Toms for help. This may be an absolutely stupid question, but reading reviews, and tech specs I am extremely confused.

The details...
I own a Silverstone 600W PSU. It has four 12V rails. Combined, those rails put out 42A. My system is older, and I am getting as much as I can out of it before I upgrade the whole shabang. (The PSU came off a computer I scrapped, if any of you were wondering :)) Anyway, I'm running with a P4P800 board that only supports AGP. The PSU has two PCIE connectors and is SLI certified, and was obviously meant for dual card configurations.

My problem? I want to purchase a Sapphire Radeon X1950PRO AGP, and do not know if the quad rails will support it.

Here is a link to the PSU information, http://www.silverstonetek.com/products-60f.htm

Supposedly, the X1950pro needs 30a on the 12V rail. Reading Tom's review of the Sapphire card, I know that it requires TWO molex connectors for power.

Am I going to have to get a less power intensive card, and scrap my dreams of purchasing this beast?

Hobbs

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
That is good to hear. I was worried that most of the PSU's power would be focused on the two PCIE connections, and not the 4pin molex connectors. I obviously have some research to do. :?

Thank you for the timely response.

TRENDING THREADS