Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

15 minutes auto log out the Windows

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
March 4, 2005 2:09:38 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Dear,

Is there any method to configure the Windows (forced) log-out after idle
15 minutes?

-David
with so many thanks!
Anonymous
March 4, 2005 2:09:39 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

How To Force Users to Quit Programs and Log Off After a Period
of Inactivity in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314999

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
Microsoft Newsgroups

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/defaul...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Cat bite" wrote:

| Dear,
|
| Is there any method to configure the Windows (forced) log-out after idle
| 15 minutes?
|
| -David
| with so many thanks!
Anonymous
March 4, 2005 2:09:39 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

you can make your screensaver give you a welcome screen, prompting you for a
password if the pc is idle for 15 minutes.

"on resume display welcome screen"

Look at Display properties>screensaver.

Hope this helps...

kenny



"Cat bite" <Cat_bite@catz.kingdom> wrote in message
news:uImjbeGIFHA.2752@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Dear,
>
> Is there any method to configure the Windows (forced) log-out after
> idle
> 15 minutes?
>
> -David
> with so many thanks!
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
March 4, 2005 3:08:41 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Carey,

Thanks for your help! I can't find W2k ResKit can be download. Is the file
WinExit.Scr from W2k3 ResKit work for WindowsXP?

-david

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> wrote in message
news:o %238WfhGIFHA.2700@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> How To Force Users to Quit Programs and Log Off After a Period
> of Inactivity in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314999
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups
>
> Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/defaul...
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
----
>
> "Cat bite" wrote:
>
> | Dear,
> |
> | Is there any method to configure the Windows (forced) log-out after
idle
> | 15 minutes?
> |
> | -David
> | with so many thanks!
>
Anonymous
March 4, 2005 3:08:42 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Cat bite wrote:
> Thanks for your help! I can't find W2k ResKit can be download. Is the
> file WinExit.Scr from W2k3 ResKit work for WindowsXP?

Same thing.

--
<- Shenan ->
--
The information is provided "as is", it is suggested you research for
yourself before you take any advice - you are the one ultimately
responsible for your actions/problems/solutions. Know what you are
getting into before you jump in with both feet.
Anonymous
March 4, 2005 3:17:40 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

thank! I will try this!!

-david

"Shenan Stanley" <newshelper@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:o 2%239pAHIFHA.3628@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Cat bite wrote:
> > Thanks for your help! I can't find W2k ResKit can be download. Is the
> > file WinExit.Scr from W2k3 ResKit work for WindowsXP?
>
> Same thing.
>
> --
> <- Shenan ->
> --
> The information is provided "as is", it is suggested you research for
> yourself before you take any advice - you are the one ultimately
> responsible for your actions/problems/solutions. Know what you are
> getting into before you jump in with both feet.
>
>
!