PQI25400-1GSB IC chip ?

MasterKromm

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
Can anyone tell me whose IC's are used on PQI Turbo DDR2 667 4-4-4-12 1gb memory. I have done about 100 different search querys found countless IC memory lists(like this one http://www.overclock.net/amd-memory/137324-list-ic-chips-various-brand-modules.html ), but none telling me what ICs are used on the PQI memory... I also hit up the PQI website and all I could find was "PQI26400-1GSB is capable of achieving supreme 667MHz speed at low latency 4-4-4-12. PQI utilizes advanced cutting edge technology in ICs sorting and selects the greatest quality ICs that can reach highest possible frequency. " Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS- I would love some hand picked micron based memory... but I am on a limited budget and need to recycle parts from my previous build

PPS- on a side note (or perhaps complete Non sequitur) Micron MU is @ or near a 52 week low any thoughts? maybe its a good buy

Regards

memorymaster

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2007
If I am not mistaken, I think PQI makes their own IC chips.... even though I never really like the quality of the PQI chips when they were on other memory companies' modules.

MasterKromm

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
Ah that makes sense, thanks for the info. Although, if PQI ever gets around to responding to the inquiry I sent them via email, I will post their response here.

Also this memory worked well enough for me in my old rig, it was installed in an ecs c19-A sli board, both memory and mainboard at best could be described as mediocre. But running the mem @ 2.0V i had 4-4-4-12 timings and DDR2 744 24/7 stable... Anyhoo not the best memory but I was mildly surprised with its OC capabilities.

regards