Corrupt file WINTRUST.DLL

hondaman

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2004

I recently downloaded four security updates and on restarting got a screen
message telling me that file WINTRUST.DLL is corrupt. Message indicated a
link to the Zone Alarm Firewall files zlclient.exe & vsmon.exe. It prevented
me from dialling up to go online. If I run chkdsk/f two or three times I am
able to dial up and go online but on restarting after shutdown, the problem
is back with me again.
I use the free version of Zone Alarm & Windows 2000 Pro. My Wintrust.dll
file is version 5.131.2195.6624. Checking on the MS website this version
appears to belong to Small Business Server 2003 Premium Edition which I do
not Know If I have this on my computer and if I have it, do not know where it
came from.
I am a novice user, can anyone help ?

Try searching your computer for WINTRUST.DLL . You should find it in at
least one other place - the winnt\system32\dllcache folder. You can copy it
from one of the other sources on your computer to the \winnt\system32 folder
to see if that helps. If problems continue, try to unistall and reinstall
Zone Alarm though you would lose your firewall settings if you do that
unless ZA gives you the option to export them to a file. --- Steve