system tray(the on on the right)

i'll have items that pop up on the system tray after my PC reboots. I can
get rid of them by going to properties, custimize, then select 'always hide'
to get rid of them. But, it will reset itself or something because everytime
I reboot, the annoying little icon is back in the tray. Anyway to fix this?
3 answers Last reply
More about system tray right

    Jim

    I think you are referring to the Notification Area.

    What does the Icon represent? Have you tried right clicking on the icon?

    --

    Hope this helps.

    Gerry
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FCA

    Using invalid email address

    Stourport, Worcs, England
    Enquire, plan and execute.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please tell the newsgroup how any
    suggested solution worked for you.

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    "jim" <jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > i'll have items that pop up on the system tray after my PC reboots. I
    > can
    > get rid of them by going to properties, custimize, then select 'always
    > hide'
    > to get rid of them. But, it will reset itself or something because
    > everytime
    > I reboot, the annoying little icon is back in the tray. Anyway to fix
    > this?

    for example, on my laptop when using my wireless connection, i have the small
    icon for "local area connection unplugged'

    "Gerry Cornell" wrote:

    > Jim
    >
    > I think you are referring to the Notification Area.
    >
    > What does the Icon represent? Have you tried right clicking on the icon?
    >

    > --
    >

    > Hope this helps.
    >
    > Gerry
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    > FCA
    >
    > Using invalid email address
    >
    > Stourport, Worcs, England
    > Enquire, plan and execute.
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    > Please tell the newsgroup how any
    > suggested solution worked for you.
    >
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    >
    > "jim" <jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > i'll have items that pop up on the system tray after my PC reboots. I
    > > can
    > > get rid of them by going to properties, custimize, then select 'always
    > > hide'
    > > to get rid of them. But, it will reset itself or something because
    > > everytime
    > > I reboot, the annoying little icon is back in the tray. Anyway to fix
    > > this?

    jim <jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >i'll have items that pop up on the system tray after my PC reboots. I can
    >get rid of them by going to properties, custimize, then select 'always hide'
    >to get rid of them. But, it will reset itself or something because everytime
    >I reboot, the annoying little icon is back in the tray. Anyway to fix this?

    Try resetting the settings for the Notification Area: "How to Clear
    Past Items from the Notification Area"
    (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283084).

    --
    (tm)