Samsung HLP4663W vs. HLN467W?

Last response: in Home Theatre
a b Ô Samsung
July 25, 2004 5:52:26 PM

Hi,

If anyone can help me understand the differences between these and which
may be better, I would very much appreciate it. I will most likely buy
one of them soon. I saw them both recently and did not see any visual
differences. I am unable to give you the links to the specs because
they time-out, but you can see them if you do the folowing:

Go to http://www.samsungusa.com
On blue items near top, click on "TV Video & Audio"
On far left, under "Products", click on "TV" (not on TV Video & Audio)
Near the left, under "Products", click on "DLP TV"
Click, one at a time, on "HLP4663W" and "HLN467W". You can also click
within each of these for further specifications.
If you can figure out which is most likely the better one to buy, please
let me know (The prices are almost the same).

Thank you,

Herb G. herb@allmilitaria.com
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
July 25, 2004 11:02:02 PM

HLN are last years models. HLP are 2004 models with some improvements.
The HLP4663w has the chip set HD3

"Herb G" <herb@allmilitaria.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> If anyone can help me understand the differences between these and which
> may be better, I would very much appreciate it. I will most likely buy
> one of them soon. I saw them both recently and did not see any visual
> differences. I am unable to give you the links to the specs because
> they time-out, but you can see them if you do the folowing:
>
> Go to http://www.samsungusa.com
> On blue items near top, click on "TV Video & Audio"
> On far left, under "Products", click on "TV" (not on TV Video & Audio)
> Near the left, under "Products", click on "DLP TV"
> Click, one at a time, on "HLP4663W" and "HLN467W". You can also click
> within each of these for further specifications.
> If you can figure out which is most likely the better one to buy, please
> let me know (The prices are almost the same).
>
> Thank you,
>
> Herb G. herb@allmilitaria.com

Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
July 26, 2004 5:30:01 PM

HLN Models:
Texas Instruments HD2 DLP chip
6-segment color wheel
1000:1 contrast ratio
1 DVI input?

HLP Models
Texas Instruments HD3 DLP chip
- this chip has the mirrors fashioned in a diamond configuration which
reduces the ability to see the individual pixels. If you look up-close at
an HLN next to an HLP you'll see a big difference in your ability to see
individual pixels
7-segment color wheel
- better color especially in some of the darker scenes
1500:1 contrast ratio
2 DVI inputs

!