Many_questions_and_problems_with_Pokémon_Crystal

Last response: in Video Games
April 28, 2004 6:32:19 AM

I have a lot of questions, and I hope, some of you will be able to
answer some of them :)

1. Suppose, you would have defeated Snorlax at Diglett's Cave instead
of capturing it. Would it then be impossible to catch it somewhere
else? I have caught it in my Silver version, but when I look at the
area map, it's not located anywhere.

2. I know that Raikou, Entei and Suicune move around all the time, and
fortunately I have found Raikou, and can follow it on the area map.
But although I have seen Suicune, it's location is not shown on the
area map. And as for Entei, it's not even shown in the Pokedex :(  Now
what I'm wondering is if there's some way, except hoping to be lucky
enough to encounter them, in which I can get them on the area map.
Also in Olivine, I met Suicune and a trainer, but unfortunately I lost
the battle against that trainer...does that have anything to say for
the game or for catching Suicune?

3. I have some strange items in my Item Storage on the computer, for
example Tinymushroom, Star Piece, Stardust and Dragon Scale. They are
(except Tinymushroom) worth a lot of money, but aren't they supposed
to be used for something like for example the Red Scale, you get from
the Red Gyarados?

4. I have been so fortunate as to find the power ups for all 17 types,
EXCEPT Psychic and Bug...I really think, I have been all over the
place...but where can I find those? :(

5. Apart from the Leaf, Moon, Sun, Thunder and Water Stones, what
other Stones are there you can get for evolving Pokémons?

6. Unfortunately I have already used the only Masterball, I have been
able to find in the game, resulting in not being able to catch Lugia
(but I have read somewhere else how to do that, so I already know that
:) . Now what I was wondering...is there really only that one
Masterball to get in the game?

7. In one of the cities in Kahto (I don't remember the name of it
though), there's a building called Silph Co, in which I got an Upgrade
from the guard...but how do I get further into the building and get
the guard to go away? I assume, that it should be possible, otherwise
it would seem strange to have a guard there, and to have more than one
floor. The same question actually goes for the Radio Tower somewhere
in Kahto.

I hope, somebody will be able to help me with some of these questions
:)

Thanks in advance
Michael
Anonymous
April 28, 2004 5:28:15 PM

"Michael Kragh Pedersen" <m_kragh_pedersen@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a lot of questions, and I hope, some of you will be able to
> answer some of them :)

An exam? But I didn't study. :-(

> 1. Suppose, you would have defeated Snorlax at Diglett's Cave instead
> of capturing it. Would it then be impossible to catch it somewhere
> else? I have caught it in my Silver version, but when I look at the
> area map, it's not located anywhere.

Ah, Snorlax's "location", IIRC, isn't on the area map because it's not a
wild Pokémon, but rather a special event one. Not completely certain that
that's true, but still.

Anyway, in RBY, there are only two Snorlaxes. In Silver, there is only one.
No, there is no further chance to catch one. Breeding and trading are the
only alternatives then.

> 2. I know that Raikou, Entei and Suicune move around all the time, and
> fortunately I have found Raikou, and can follow it on the area map.
> But although I have seen Suicune, it's location is not shown on the
> area map.

Suicune's different from the other three. While the other three wander
around in the grass, unseen, Suicune can actually be seen as an icon.

So, here's what you need to do in all. First of all, clear Team Rocket from
the Goldenrod Radio Tower and get the Clear Bell from the director. I
assume you've done this. Now go to the Tin Tower. Not the Burnt Tower,
where you first saw the dogs/cats/gerbils/faces, but the new tower on the
east of Ecruteak. Now you need to beat some trainers. Now catch Suicune.

> And as for Entei, it's not even shown in the Pokedex :(

Well, you do need to see it first, and I'm afraid it's random.

> Now
> what I'm wondering is if there's some way, except hoping to be lucky
> enough to encounter them, in which I can get them on the area map.

Borrow them from a friend in a trade. Once they're in the Dex, you can
check the location of your own beasts.

> Also in Olivine, I met Suicune and a trainer, but unfortunately I lost
> the battle against that trainer...does that have anything to say for
> the game or for catching Suicune?

It shouldn't.

> 3. I have some strange items in my Item Storage on the computer, for
> example Tinymushroom, Star Piece, Stardust and Dragon Scale. They are
> (except Tinymushroom) worth a lot of money, but aren't they supposed
> to be used for something like for example the Red Scale, you get from
> the Red Gyarados?

The Tinymushroom, Star Piece and Stardust only serve to be sold. They're
bonus items that make victory a little bit sweeter when you catch a Paras or
Staryu.

The Dragon Scale, on the other hand, should be saved. Trade a Seadra
holding it, and it'll evolve into Kingdra.

> 4. I have been so fortunate as to find the power ups for all 17 types,
> EXCEPT Psychic and Bug...I really think, I have been all over the
> place...but where can I find those? :(

Ack. We hates it.

To get the Twistedspoon/Psychic power-up, catch a Kadabra in the Yellow
version. No, evolving an Abra doesn't count. It has to be a wild Kadabra.
Trade it to Crystal. It'll evolve and will be holding a Twistedspoon.

To get the Poison Barb/Bug power-up, you need to teach something Thief, the
move that steals items. Then you need to use it on wild Beedrills. How to
find wild Beedrills? Headbutt trees. Weird and irritating. Unlike
Kadabra, Beedrill doesn't always have the item. In fact, the odds are
something like 10%.

> 5. Apart from the Leaf, Moon, Sun, Thunder and Water Stones, what
> other Stones are there you can get for evolving Pokémons?

Fire Stone. But that's it. Reports of other stones are just rumours.

> 6. Unfortunately I have already used the only Masterball, I have been
> able to find in the game, resulting in not being able to catch Lugia
> (but I have read somewhere else how to do that, so I already know that
> :) . Now what I was wondering...is there really only that one
> Masterball to get in the game?

Ah, interesting one.

To all intents and purposes, yes, there's only one. However, if you're
lucky, the top prize in the Lottery that occurs every Friday is a
Masterball. You need a Pokémon with the exact same ID as the number chosen,
though, which is pretty unlikely.

In summary, yes, you can get another Masterball, but don't count on it as a
regular source.

> 7. In one of the cities in Kahto (I don't remember the name of it
> though), there's a building called Silph Co, in which I got an Upgrade
> from the guard...but how do I get further into the building and get
> the guard to go away? I assume, that it should be possible, otherwise
> it would seem strange to have a guard there, and to have more than one
> floor.

You can't. In the original games, you could, so the door leading up is just
there to be consistent. There isn't any way to get up there, though, and
the Upgrade is the only noteworthy thing in there.

> The same question actually goes for the Radio Tower somewhere
> in Kahto.

Again, you can't go up. The door's just there as a nice detail. After all,
it wouldn't make sense for a tower to have only one floor, right? And why
should you be allowed in someone's lovely Radio Tower?

> I hope, somebody will be able to help me with some of these questions

Woo, I won them all.

Steffan
Anonymous
April 28, 2004 5:28:16 PM

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004, STEFFAN HEDD ALUN wrote:
> To get the Poison Barb/Bug power-up, you need to teach something Thief,
<<<snip>>>

No idea about a bug power-up (never knew there was one), but to get the
Poison Barb, go look around on Route 32 in Johto for Frieda on a Friday and
talk to her...

> > The same question actually goes for the Radio Tower somewhere in Kahto.
>
> Again, you can't go up. The door's just there as a nice detail. After
> all, it wouldn't make sense for a tower to have only one floor, right?
> And why should you be allowed in someone's lovely Radio Tower?

Especially since, as they tell you, they're not letting anyone up there
because of the trouble with the Goldenrod Radio Tower. :)

April 28, 2004 8:57:21 PM

"Joseph William Dixon" <aa343@chebucto.ns.ca> wrote in message
news:p ine.GSO.3.95.iB1.0.1040428105251.6956A-100000@halifax.chebucto.ns.ca...
> On Wed, 28 Apr 2004, STEFFAN HEDD ALUN wrote:
> > To get the Poison Barb/Bug power-up, you need to teach something Thief,
> <<<snip>>>
>
> No idea about a bug power-up (never knew there was one), but to get the
> Poison Barb, go look around on Route 32 in Johto for Frieda on a Friday
and
> talk to her...

Argh, my mistake. Sorry, "Poison Barb" up there should read "Silver
Powder", and is carried by Butterfree, not Beedrill.

Beedrill does, however, carry the Poison Barb; yes, the very same item
Frieda gives away on Friday. The Silver Powder isn't available elsewhere,
though.

Steffan
April 28, 2004 11:56:14 PM

"Michael Kragh Pedersen" <m_kragh_pedersen@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a lot of questions, and I hope, some of you will be able to
> answer some of them :)

> 1. Suppose, you would have defeated Snorlax at Diglett's Cave instead
> of capturing it. Would it then be impossible to catch it somewhere
> else? I have caught it in my Silver version, but when I look at the
> area map, it's not located anywhere.

Correct, Snorlax is only in that one spot. If you kill it instead of catching it,
then you have to trade for it.

> 2. I know that Raikou, Entei and Suicune move around all the time, and
> fortunately I have found Raikou, and can follow it on the area map.
> But although I have seen Suicune, it's location is not shown on the
> area map. And as for Entei, it's not even shown in the Pokedex :(  Now
> what I'm wondering is if there's some way, except hoping to be lucky
> enough to encounter them, in which I can get them on the area map.
> Also in Olivine, I met Suicune and a trainer, but unfortunately I lost
> the battle against that trainer...does that have anything to say for
> the game or for catching Suicune?

I don't know that one, but I do know that catching Suicune is an event.
I believe you need the CLear Bell after liberating the Radio Tower.

As for your problem with Entei, Repels will keep the weaker pokemon
at bay while you look for the Beast of Fire.

> 3. I have some strange items in my Item Storage on the computer, for
> example Tinymushroom, Star Piece, Stardust and Dragon Scale. They are
> (except Tinymushroom) worth a lot of money, but aren't they supposed
> to be used for something like for example the Red Scale, you get from
> the Red Gyarados?

Of the items you listed, only the Dragon Scale has a use. It exolves Seadras
into Kingdras when held and the pokemon traded. Kingdra's a good pokemon,
Water/Dragon mking it only vulerable to Dragon Attacks. If you can breed
Dragonbreath on it, then it's even better.

(Technically the others HAVE a use too -- sell for money!)

> 4. I have been so fortunate as to find the power ups for all 17 types,
> EXCEPT Psychic and Bug...I really think, I have been all over the
> place...but where can I find those? :(

The Psychic powerup is the TwistedSpoon. You need to trade a WILD
Kadabra from the Yellow Version to get it. Wild Abras you evolve won't
have it, they'll have the standard Abra Item

The Bug powerup is the Silver Powder. Wild Butterfree carry that in Crystal.
I believe you'll find them in Kanto's Route 2. Thief will be your friend.

> 5. Apart from the Leaf, Moon, Sun, Thunder and Water Stones, what
> other Stones are there you can get for evolving Pokémons?

That's it.

> 6. Unfortunately I have already used the only Masterball, I have been
> able to find in the game, resulting in not being able to catch Lugia
> (but I have read somewhere else how to do that, so I already know that
> :) . Now what I was wondering...is there really only that one
> Masterball to get in the game?

I believe it's a prize in the Lucky Number Draw, but you would have to ve Extremely
Lucky to win it.

> 7. In one of the cities in Kahto (I don't remember the name of it
> though), there's a building called Silph Co, in which I got an Upgrade
> from the guard...but how do I get further into the building and get
> the guard to go away? I assume, that it should be possible, otherwise
> it would seem strange to have a guard there, and to have more than one
> floor. The same question actually goes for the Radio Tower somewhere
> in Kahto.

That's because in the older games, they had more than one floor. Silph
has extra guards in the building to halt any future Rocket Invasions.
The Radio Tower in Lavender is a bit paranoid considering events in Goldenrod.

> I hope, somebody will be able to help me with some of these questions
> :)

I don't know. I think I could .

> Thanks in advance
> Michael

-------
Clayton

Random Quote:
Answers -- $1
Correct Answers -- $2
Answers which require Thought -- $10
Dumb looks and/or smiles -- FREE
Anonymous
April 29, 2004 4:58:05 AM

Clayton wrote:
> "Michael Kragh Pedersen" <m_kragh_pedersen@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>5. Apart from the Leaf, Moon, Sun, Thunder and Water Stones, what
>>other Stones are there you can get for evolving Pokémons?
>
> That's it.

[insert a certain recently famous Donald Trump saying here] ;P

>>6. Unfortunately I have already used the only Masterball, I have been
>>able to find in the game, resulting in not being able to catch Lugia
>>(but I have read somewhere else how to do that, so I already know that
>>:) . Now what I was wondering...is there really only that one
>>Masterball to get in the game?
>
> I believe it's a prize in the Lucky Number Draw, but you would have to ve Extremely
> Lucky to win it.

Or cheat. But down that path lies Missingno.
Anonymous
April 29, 2004 1:32:28 PM

"STEFFAN HEDD ALUN" <sha3@aber.ac.uk> wrote in message
> "Joseph William Dixon" <aa343@chebucto.ns.ca> wrote in message

news:p ine.GSO.3.95.iB1.0.1040428105251.6956A-100000@halifax.chebucto.ns.ca...
> > On Wed, 28 Apr 2004, STEFFAN HEDD ALUN wrote:
> > > To get the Poison Barb/Bug power-up, you need to teach something
Thief,
> > <<<snip>>>
> >
> > No idea about a bug power-up (never knew there was one), but to get
the
> > Poison Barb, go look around on Route 32 in Johto for Frieda on a Friday
> and
> > talk to her...
>
> Argh, my mistake. Sorry, "Poison Barb" up there should read "Silver
> Powder", and is carried by Butterfree, not Beedrill.
>
> Beedrill does, however, carry the Poison Barb; yes, the very same item
> Frieda gives away on Friday. The Silver Powder isn't available elsewhere,
> though.

That means you only got about 86-90% for your exam. A note to the OP, if
there's any other mysteries you want to find out about, then you can ask
here, but I advise also looking for a walkthrough. www.gamefaqs.com is good
to search, but if you want nice, colourful and illustrated ones which are
nicely divided into sections by hyperlinks, then just try searching on
Google.

--

"aouf" It's the new (edited) way of swearing
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=aouf&f=1

"Chriz" <chrizizhere@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Argh, my mistake. Sorry, "Poison Barb" up there should read "Silver
> > Powder", and is carried by Butterfree, not Beedrill.
> >
> > Beedrill does, however, carry the Poison Barb; yes, the very same item
> > Frieda gives away on Friday. The Silver Powder isn't available
elsewhere,
> > though.
>
> That means you only got about 86-90% for your exam.

We'll call it 100%, then, and anyone who has a problem with it will be raped
and murdered, and a videotape of the event will be sent to their family.
This is, I believe, the most rational means of dealing with the situation.

> if you want nice, colourful and illustrated ones which are
> nicely divided into sections by hyperlinks, then just try searching on
> Google.

www.pkmn.co.uk

Avoid www.celebi.net and spelling variants thereof.

Steffan
Anonymous
April 29, 2004 2:44:06 PM

> "Chriz" <chrizizhere@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Argh, my mistake. Sorry, "Poison Barb" up there should read "Silver
> > > Powder", and is carried by Butterfree, not Beedrill.
> > >
> > > Beedrill does, however, carry the Poison Barb; yes, the very same item
> > > Frieda gives away on Friday. The Silver Powder isn't available
> elsewhere,
> > > though.
> >
> > That means you only got about 86-90% for your exam.
>
> We'll call it 100%, then, and anyone who has a problem with it will be
raped
> and murdered, and a videotape of the event will be sent to their family.
> This is, I believe, the most rational means of dealing with the situation.

Sounds like an effective system.

--

"aouf" It's the new (edited) way of swearing
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=aouf&f=1
This message is available in Dolby Analogue 1.0
Well, that's my 2 cents worth for today.
Damn you all top posters!
"I am the eggman, they are the eggmen, I am the walrus, goo goo g' joob" -
Beatles, 'I am the Walrus.'
Anonymous
April 29, 2004 2:44:07 PM

> > We'll call it 100%, then, and anyone who has a problem with it will be
> > raped and murdered, and a videotape of the event will be sent to their
> > family. This is, I believe, the most rational means of dealing with the
> > situation.
>
> Sounds like an effective system.

It's why no one person has ever spammed this group more than once.

And also why Haights has been so quiet as of late.

Steffan
Anonymous
April 29, 2004 3:20:28 PM

"Adrian Tymes" <wingcat@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> Clayton wrote:
> > "Michael Kragh Pedersen" <m_kragh_pedersen@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >>5. Apart from the Leaf, Moon, Sun, Thunder and Water Stones, what
> >>other Stones are there you can get for evolving Pokémons?
> >
> > That's it.

There's also fire stone.

> [insert a certain recently famous Donald Trump saying here] ;P
Anonymous
April 29, 2004 3:20:29 PM

Thanks a lot for all your help :)

Well, I have been everywhere and done everything and fought
everyone...all that is missing now, is the Silver Cave :)  But that
also means, that that whole thing with Suicune in the Tin Tower, I
have already experienced...and I think, I may have defeated it
there...stupid me :(

As for the stones, I have heard or read somewhere, that there should
be an Electricity stone...but I guess, that's just the rumour ;)

As for the powerups...well, for me, it would seem logic, that there
would be a powerup for all 17 types, when I have found for 15 of them
:)

And now some more questions :)

1. In Sprout Tower in Violet City, the center pillar is, according to
the people inside, a 100 feet tall Bellsprout...but what I was
wondering, is if you're supposed to or can in anyway fight it?

2. There's a pond in front of a house in Celadon City, where an old
man says, that Muk and Grimer have come to the pond, which is a
problem...but are you supposed to remove them somehow?

3. There should, according to the Pokémon manual, be 50 TM's, but can
anyone tell me, where I can find the following, because I have looked
everywhere for them :(
2, 9, 14, 15, 17, 21, 25, 32, 33, 38, 41, 48
I unfortunately have no idea of their names :(

4. In Pewter City, there's a Museum of Science, which is closed...but
is there a way to open it? The same questions also goes for the Safari
Zone in Fuchsia City :)

Michael K. P.

"Chriz" <chrizizhere@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<c6pl8n$ervcf$1@ID-207118.news.uni-berlin.de>...
> "Adrian Tymes" <wingcat@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> > Clayton wrote:
> > > "Michael Kragh Pedersen" <m_kragh_pedersen@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > That's it.
>
> There's also fire stone.
>
> > [insert a certain recently famous Donald Trump saying here] ;P
Anonymous
April 29, 2004 6:52:12 PM

> Thanks a lot for all your help :)

You're welcome.

> Well, I have been everywhere and done everything and fought
> everyone...all that is missing now, is the Silver Cave :)  But that
> also means, that that whole thing with Suicune in the Tin Tower, I
> have already experienced...and I think, I may have defeated it
> there...stupid me :(

Oops. :-!

> As for the stones, I have heard or read somewhere, that there should
> be an Electricity stone...but I guess, that's just the rumour ;)

No, that IS the Thunderstone.

For easy reference, here's all the stones and their respective evolutions:

Fire Stone:
Growlithe => Arcanine
Vulpix => Ninetales
Eevee => Flareon

Leaf Stone:
Gloom => Vileplume
Weepinbell => Victreebel
Exeggcute => Exeggutor

Water Stone:
Staryu => Starmie
Shellder => Cloyster
Poliwhirl => Poliwrath
Eevee => Vaporeon

Thunderstone:
Pikachu => Raichu
Eevee => Jolteon

Moon Stone:
Jigglypuff => Wigglytuff
Clefairy => Clefable
Nidorino => Nidoking
Nidorina => Nidoqueen

Sun Stone:
Sunkern => Sunflora
Gloom => Bellossom

In Ruby and Sapphire, there are some new Pokémon who also require stones,
but I assume you don't need to know that.

For completeness, here's a list of trade evolutions from Crystal. Where an
item is specified, they need to be holding the item when traded, and they
have to be traded to another Gold/Silver/Crystal cart, not back to RBY.

Machoke => Machamp
Graveler => Golem
Kadabra => Alakazam
Haunter => Gengar
Poryon+Upgrade => Porygon2
Seadra+Dragon Scale => Kingdra
Poliwhirl+King's Rock => Politoed
Slowpoke+King's Rock => Slowking
Onix+Metal Coat => Steelix
Scyther+Metal Coat => Scizor

> As for the powerups...well, for me, it would seem logic, that there
> would be a powerup for all 17 types, when I have found for 15 of them

And of course, you were correct.

> And now some more questions :)
>
> 1. In Sprout Tower in Violet City, the center pillar is, according to
> the people inside, a 100 feet tall Bellsprout...but what I was
> wondering, is if you're supposed to or can in anyway fight it?

Nope. It's just a weird detail that's there for fun.

> 2. There's a pond in front of a house in Celadon City, where an old
> man says, that Muk and Grimer have come to the pond, which is a
> problem...but are you supposed to remove them somehow?

I don't *think* so, but I could be wrong. I think it's just a way to
capture easy Grimers.

> 3. There should, according to the Pokémon manual, be 50 TM's, but can
> anyone tell me, where I can find the following, because I have looked
> everywhere for them :(
> 2, 9, 14, 15, 17, 21, 25, 32, 33, 38, 41, 48
> I unfortunately have no idea of their names :(

TM02 is Headbutt. A tricky-to-find boy in Ilex forest has it. Once he's
been found, it'll then be for sale in Goldenrod Department Store.
TM09 is Psych Up. You get it by trading an Abra from any of the old games -
Red, Blue or Yellow.
TM14 is Blizzard. You buy it with coins in Goldenrod Game Corner.
TM15 is Hyper Beam. It's in Celadon Game Corner.
TM17 is Protect. It's in Celadon Department Store.
TM21 is Frustration. On Sunday, a woman in Goldenrod Store will give you it
if the first Pokémon on your team hates you.
TM 25 is Thunder. Goldenrod Game Corner.
TM32 is Double Team. Celadon Game Corner.
TM33 is Ice Punch. Goldenrod Store.
TM38 is Fire Blast. Goldenrod Game Corner.
TM41 is Thunderpunch. Goldenrod Store.
TM48 is Fire Punch. Goldenrod Store.

So mainly, the ones you don't have are the ones you have to buy somehow.

> 4. In Pewter City, there's a Museum of Science, which is closed...but
> is there a way to open it? The same questions also goes for the Safari
> Zone in Fuchsia City :)

Nope. They're there to be consistent with the old games, but they're just
empty graphics.

Oh, and one more thing - most newsgroups, ours included, prefer to write
your message AFTER the quote of the previous post. I know Google defaults
to the top, but you ought to move to the bottom straight away, and delete
any quotes not needed to understand the reply.

Hope that helps. :-)

Steffan
Anonymous
April 30, 2004 6:36:06 AM

> Oh, and one more thing - most newsgroups, ours included, prefer to write
> your message AFTER the quote of the previous post. I know Google defaults
> to the top, but you ought to move to the bottom straight away, and delete
> any quotes not needed to understand the reply.

Okay, I will do that from now on :)

> Hope that helps. :-)

It sure does ;)

> Steffan

And btw, I can't use a newsreader, since I use internet from my library :(

Michael
Anonymous
April 30, 2004 6:40:11 AM

> Fire Stone:
> Growlithe => Arcanine
> Vulpix => Ninetales
> Eevee => Flareon
>
> Leaf Stone:
> Gloom => Vileplume
> Weepinbell => Victreebel
> Exeggcute => Exeggutor
>
> Water Stone:
> Staryu => Starmie
> Shellder => Cloyster
> Poliwhirl => Poliwrath
> Eevee => Vaporeon
>
> Thunderstone:
> Pikachu => Raichu
> Eevee => Jolteon
>
> Moon Stone:
> Jigglypuff => Wigglytuff
> Clefairy => Clefable
> Nidorino => Nidoking
> Nidorina => Nidoqueen
>
> Sun Stone:
> Sunkern => Sunflora
> Gloom => Bellossom

Btw, shouldn't Eevee also evolve into Umbreon somehow?

Michael
Anonymous
April 30, 2004 2:07:39 PM

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004, Chriz wrote:
> Don't forget to get certain people's numbers down because occasionally
> they'll find extra stones which can come in handy if you need to raise
> more Pokemon.

Fire: Schoolboy Alan on Route 36.
Water: Fisherman Tully on Route 42.
Thunder: Lass Dana on Route 38.
Leaf: Picknicker Gina on Route 34.

April 30, 2004 2:11:40 PM

On 30 Apr 2004, Michael Kragh Pedersen wrote:
> Btw, shouldn't Eevee also evolve into Umbreon somehow?

Yep. By making Eevee extremely happy and then leveling it up at night.
[and having a happy Eevee level up during the day gets you Espeon, of
course]

May 2, 2004 12:14:36 AM

"Joseph William Dixon" <aa343@chebucto.ns.ca> wrote in message
news:p ine.GSO.3.95.iB1.0.1040430100340.24502C-100000@halifax.chebucto.ns.ca...
> On Fri, 30 Apr 2004, Chriz wrote:
> > Don't forget to get certain people's numbers down because occasionally
> > they'll find extra stones which can come in handy if you need to raise
> > more Pokemon.
>
> Fire: Schoolboy Alan on Route 36.
> Water: Fisherman Tully on Route 42.
> Thunder: Lass Dana on Route 38.
> Leaf: Picknicker Gina on Route 34.

Plus you get extra moon stones every Monday or something?
Anonymous
May 2, 2004 12:14:37 AM

On Sat, 1 May 2004, Chriz wrote:
> > > Don't forget to get certain people's numbers down because occasionally
> > > they'll find extra stones which can come in handy if you need to raise
> > > more Pokemon.
> >
> > Fire: Schoolboy Alan on Route 36.
> > Water: Fisherman Tully on Route 42.
> > Thunder: Lass Dana on Route 38.
> > Leaf: Picknicker Gina on Route 34.
>
> Plus you get extra moon stones every Monday or something?

Yeah, but since those are't gained by getting phone numbers I didn't
mention 'em. :)

Moon: Mt. Moon on Mondays, your mother might buy one, and it's a reward
for one of the Ruins of Alph puzzles. And one, or so the walkthrough I use
says (I don't think I've seen it personally, however), on Route 26 near the
waterfall...
Sun: Win the Bug Catching contest.
Fire, Water, Leaf & Thunder: Route 25, from the old man in Bill's house.

May 2, 2004 12:17:01 AM

> > Oh, and one more thing - most newsgroups, ours included, prefer to write
> > your message AFTER the quote of the previous post. I know Google
defaults
> > to the top, but you ought to move to the bottom straight away, and
delete
> > any quotes not needed to understand the reply.
>
> Okay, I will do that from now on :)
>

> > Hope that helps. :-)
>
> It sure does ;)
> >
> > Steffan
>
> And btw, I can't use a newsreader, since I use internet from my library :(

Google is good if you don't have a home PC or if you're away.
Anonymous
May 2, 2004 11:02:57 PM

Joseph William Dixon wrote:

>>>Fire: Schoolboy Alan on Route 36.
>>>Water: Fisherman Tully on Route 42.
>>>Thunder: Lass Dana on Route 38.
>>>Leaf: Picknicker Gina on Route 34.
>>
>>Plus you get extra moon stones every Monday or something?
>

> Yeah, but since those are't gained by getting phone numbers I didn't
> mention 'em. :)
>
> Moon: Mt. Moon on Mondays

That one's on the rock the Clefairy dance around, right?

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com