Anti-keylogger?

Archived from groups: alt.computer.security,microsoft.public.security,microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

What is the best anti-keylogger utility out there for win2K?
Best free one?

Thanks!

Archived from groups: alt.computer.security,microsoft.public.security,microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

AVAST - http://www.avast.com/i_idt_1016.html - FREE
AVG - http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/lng/us/tpl/v5 - FREE
CA eTrust - http://www.my-etrust.com/microsoft/index.cfm - FREE for one year.
{ Free offer ends 2/1/05 }

Dave

"J.Smith" <none@none.com> wrote in message
| What is the best anti-keylogger utility out there for win2K?
| Best free one?
|
| Thanks!

Archived from groups: alt.computer.security,microsoft.public.security,microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

AdAware and Spybot do scan for keyboard loggers though Pest Patrol probably
is better than both in that regard but I do not think it is free any longer
since CA bought it. --- Steve

"J.Smith" <none@none.com> wrote in message
> What is the best anti-keylogger utility out there for win2K?
> Best free one?
>
> Thanks!

Archived from groups: alt.computer.security,microsoft.public.security,microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

I don't know what Donnie (donnie@queyosepa.net) is talking about, as I
have Symantec Anti-Virus 9, and Symantec Client Security 2.0, and do not
have to worry about keyloggers.

Symantec has a great track record of finding these trojans, and being
able to remove them. And since they own www.securityfocus.com, they
have one of the largest groups of information gatherers in the
Information Security market. I would be wary of any small companies
that claim to do a better job across the board.

Just my 2¢, YMMV.

Steven L Umbach wrote:
> AdAware and Spybot do scan for keyboard loggers though Pest Patrol probably
> is better than both in that regard but I do not think it is free any longer
> since CA bought it. --- Steve
>

> "J.Smith" <none@none.com> wrote in message
>
>>What is the best anti-keylogger utility out there for win2K?
>>Best free one?
>>
>>Thanks!

Joe

Archived from groups: alt.computer.security,microsoft.public.security,microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

Crackers tend to target their software too, as they are so popular