stopping .bat and .reg files running?

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
November 11, 2004 4:19:04 AM

I have 'disabled registry editing tools' in the AD.....but can still run .bat
files that have regedit.exe /s in them...? (although start\run\regedit is not
allowed)

I have disabled the command prompt but .bat files still run (although start
cmd does not)

I can disable .reg and .bat in allowed windows applications but I need to
run login.bat.

How can I stop these be allowd to run?
Anonymous
November 14, 2004 3:19:15 AM

If you need to run logon/startup scripts then you are limited in what you
can do in W2K. If using XP Pro you can use Software Resriction Policies to
better manage what executeable can be run on a computer by either hash,
certificate, or path rules. --- Steve

!