new text document dissapeared from explorer's right click

When I right click on desktop and go to 'new' I get folder/shortcut etc
but 'new text document' (notepad) used to be in this submenu, it
dissapeared.
How do I get it back?
This only applies to one user accout of this computer the others are ok.

Hi Buggs,

Open Regedit and navigate to:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.txt\ShellNew

In the right-pane, create a new REG_SZ value named "NullFile"

More Information:

Add items to the New menu (aka ShellNew entries):
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/shellnewadd.htm
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/shellnew.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 20:58:45 +0530, Ramesh, MS-MVP wrote:

> Hi Buggs,
>
> Open Regedit and navigate to:
>
> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.txt\ShellNew
>
> In the right-pane, create a new REG_SZ value named "NullFile"
>
> More Information:
>
> Add items to the New menu (aka ShellNew entries):
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/shellnewadd.htm
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/shellnew.htm

Thanks but that registry key's allready there
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v186/skynet99/registry.jpg
Isnt the registry for global or all users because this just affects my
account.

Hi Buggs,

Can you export both this registry key and post here?

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.TXT