Copy/Paste without formatting

I often Copy and Paste information between different applications that
have different ways of formatting text. Say from MS Word to a page
layout program like Framemaker.or Excel and I do not want the original
formatting retained when I paste. I just want to paste plain text
into the target application .

I can do this by first pasting into Notepad, then copying the plain
text from Notepad, and pasting into my target application.

Is there a way to do this in XP or is there a utility somewhere that
does not require the intermediate step?

PaulF

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 17:03:05 GMT, Paul Ferguson wrote:

> I often Copy and Paste information between different applications that
> have different ways of formatting text. Say from MS Word to a page
> layout program like Framemaker.or Excel and I do not want the original
> formatting retained when I paste. I just want to paste plain text
> into the target application .
>
> I can do this by first pasting into Notepad, then copying the plain
> text from Notepad, and pasting into my target application.
>
> Is there a way to do this in XP or is there a utility somewhere that
> does not require the intermediate step?
>
> PaulF

Some programs have additional paste options. Have seen Paste Special...
under Edit and in right click menus of Office Programs. Options include
retaining formatting or dropping it. Have also seen "paste as plain text"
in right click menus.

If options such as these aren't available in the application that you're
pasting to, then you need to bring out Notepad to strip the formatting.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User