Transfer Certificate Auth to 2003?

joel

Hello, in our production environment we currently have a stand-alone CA
server running Windows 2000 Advanced Server .

I would like to know what I need to do to transfer all the certs from this
server to the new one, which is running Windows Server 2003 Enterprise
Edition. Also, since we only have one server currently, to depend on, I
would like to know if it is common practice to setup another CA server
running as a secondary, or backup to the main CA server?

Basically what I need to have happen is to transfer everything, all at once
so there is no disruption in the service we are providing. We have scheduled
downtime in the evening, so please let me know if this is a process that may
last longer then a few hours. Thanks

Joel

Hi Joel,

This Microsoft article should help you out with step-by-step instructions on
how to move CA service...

How to move a certification authority to another server
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;%5BLN%5D;Q298138

Mike