Windows 2003 File Security

I know this is a win2000 sectuion but their is no 2003 section ..
How do i prvent users from creating more fodlers on a network share but
still allow them to create files ??
I have tried modifying the registry as follows but with no luck.
"Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\
CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Shares.
Select Shares and all of the folder's subkeys.
Go to Security | Permissions.
For the Shares folder and each of its subkeys, grant the Read permissions
(at a maximum) to the Everyone group and all untrusted domains, and click OK."

please help !!!
1 answer Last reply
More about windows 2003 file security

    I think you need to change NTFS file security and not Share security by
    right-clicking on the root folder that contains all the other folders where
    you want to restrict access. Select Properties, Security, Advanced.

    "riddler" <riddler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I know this is a win2000 sectuion but their is no 2003 section ..
    > How do i prvent users from creating more fodlers on a network share but
    > still allow them to create files ??
    > I have tried modifying the registry as follows but with no luck.
    > "Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\
    > CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Shares.
    > Select Shares and all of the folder's subkeys.
    > Go to Security | Permissions.
    > For the Shares folder and each of its subkeys, grant the Read permissions
    > (at a maximum) to the Everyone group and all untrusted domains, and click
    OK."

    > please help !!!

Security Windows Server 2003 Permissions Windows