Unused account

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
a b 8 Security
November 19, 2004 2:05:31 PM

Hi,
how can I lock account that doesn't log to domain for xx days in a windows
2000 domain?
Possibly without 3rd party programs.

Many thanks in advacne
Fabrizio

More about : unused account

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
November 19, 2004 2:05:32 PM

You cannot lock accounts, but you can disable them.
I do not believe that there is a provided policy to do
what you wish, but it would certainly be possible from
a brief script that you schedule to run nightly with admin
privileges (or, with sufficient privilege delegations).

--
Roger Abell
MCSE (W2k3,W2k,Nt4) MCDBA
"Fiammenghi Fabrizio" <fabrizio.fiammenghi@fastwebnet.it> wrote in message
> Hi,
> how can I lock account that doesn't log to domain for xx days in a
windows
> 2000 domain?
> Possibly without 3rd party programs.
>
> Many thanks in advacne
> Fabrizio

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
November 19, 2004 6:53:51 PM

Hi,
many thanks for the reply... where can I find this script ? Or any
documentation to solve it?

Many thanks
Fabrizio

"Roger Abell" <mvpNOSpam@asu.edu> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:o %23uccakzEHA.804@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> You cannot lock accounts, but you can disable them.
> I do not believe that there is a provided policy to do
> what you wish, but it would certainly be possible from
> a brief script that you schedule to run nightly with admin
> privileges (or, with sufficient privilege delegations).
>
> --
> Roger Abell
> Microsoft MVP (Windows Server System: Security)
> MCSE (W2k3,W2k,Nt4) MCDBA
> "Fiammenghi Fabrizio" <fabrizio.fiammenghi@fastwebnet.it> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> how can I lock account that doesn't log to domain for xx days in a
> windows
>> 2000 domain?
>> Possibly without 3rd party programs.
>>
>> Many thanks in advacne
>> Fabrizio

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
November 21, 2004 1:24:41 PM

Fiammenghi Fabrizio wrote:
> Hi,
> many thanks for the reply... where can I find this script ? Or any
> documentation to solve it?

Try posting in m.p.windows.server.scripting. I don't know of any script you
can just download, but I'm sure this is a frequently asked question.

!