user certificate request - cannot find CA authority!

Hi I have problem issuing user certificates.

If user use http://server/certsrv to request certificate, this is what they
get.

"Error
Your request failed. An error occurred while the server was processing your
request.
Contact your administrator for further assistance.
Failed to create 'CertificateAuthority.Request' object."

If I log in as admin on dc and request user certificate message is a little
bit different.
"Windows cannot find a certification aurthority that will process the
request".

We have Enterpride Root CA installed. All computers can request and receive
certificate without problem.

Any idea?
2 answers Last reply
More about user certificate request find authority

    Go to the website for the CA server in IIS Managment console [certsrv] and
    open properties. Go to virtual directory/configuration/options and make sure
    enable sessions state is enabled. --- Steve

    http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBQ/tip8100/rh8105.htm -- description of your error.

    "aurelio" <aurelio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi I have problem issuing user certificates.
    >
    > If user use http://server/certsrv to request certificate, this is what
    they
    > get.
    >
    > "Error
    > Your request failed. An error occurred while the server was processing
    your
    > request.
    > Contact your administrator for further assistance.
    > Failed to create 'CertificateAuthority.Request' object."
    >
    > If I log in as admin on dc and request user certificate message is a
    little
    > bit different.
    > "Windows cannot find a certification aurthority that will process the
    > request".
    >
    > We have Enterpride Root CA installed. All computers can request and
    receive
    > certificate without problem.
    >
    > Any idea?

    Thanks man, it works!!

    "Steven L Umbach" wrote:

    > Go to the website for the CA server in IIS Managment console [certsrv] and
    > open properties. Go to virtual directory/configuration/options and make sure
    > enable sessions state is enabled. --- Steve
    >
    > http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBQ/tip8100/rh8105.htm -- description of your error.
    >
    > "aurelio" <aurelio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi I have problem issuing user certificates.
    > >
    > > If user use http://server/certsrv to request certificate, this is what
    > they
    > > get.
    > >
    > > "Error
    > > Your request failed. An error occurred while the server was processing
    > your
    > > request.
    > > Contact your administrator for further assistance.
    > > Failed to create 'CertificateAuthority.Request' object."
    > >
    > > If I log in as admin on dc and request user certificate message is a
    > little
    > > bit different.
    > > "Windows cannot find a certification aurthority that will process the
    > > request".
    > >
    > > We have Enterpride Root CA installed. All computers can request and
    > receive
    > > certificate without problem.
    > >
    > > Any idea?

Security Microsoft Certificate Windows