user certificate request - cannot find CA authority!

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
November 22, 2004 6:39:17 PM

Hi I have problem issuing user certificates.

If user use http://server/certsrv to request certificate, this is what they
get.

"Error
Your request failed. An error occurred while the server was processing your
request.
Contact your administrator for further assistance.
Failed to create 'CertificateAuthority.Request' object."

If I log in as admin on dc and request user certificate message is a little
bit different.
"Windows cannot find a certification aurthority that will process the
request".

We have Enterpride Root CA installed. All computers can request and receive
certificate without problem.

Any idea?
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
November 23, 2004 4:16:52 AM

Go to the website for the CA server in IIS Managment console [certsrv] and
open properties. Go to virtual directory/configuration/options and make sure
enable sessions state is enabled. --- Steve

http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBQ/tip8100/rh8105.htm -- description of your error.

"aurelio" <aurelio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi I have problem issuing user certificates.
>
> If user use http://server/certsrv to request certificate, this is what
they
> get.
>
> "Error
> Your request failed. An error occurred while the server was processing
your
> request.
> Contact your administrator for further assistance.
> Failed to create 'CertificateAuthority.Request' object."
>
> If I log in as admin on dc and request user certificate message is a
little
> bit different.
> "Windows cannot find a certification aurthority that will process the
> request".
>
> We have Enterpride Root CA installed. All computers can request and
receive
> certificate without problem.
>
> Any idea?
November 23, 2004 11:57:03 AM