Group Policy & VPN

Hi, I've joined a W2K machine to a domain and now the prior VPN
connections I created are no longer in the Network and Dialup
Connections folder. When I try adding them the option to create a VPN
is grayed out.

I know this is related to the Group Policy for the OU associated with
the computer, but I don't know that much about Group Policy. Can
anyone point me in the right direction for WHAT specifically in Group
Policy I need to change?

p.s. when the computer is NOT a member of the domain everything is OK.

-Scott

There are Group Policy restrictions in user configuration/administrative
templates/network/network connections that can restrict what users under the
influence of the Group Policy can do to a domain computer. If you logon as a
"local administrator" that is not a domain member then those user
configuration policies from the domain will not apply. If you run the
gpresult support tool, it will tell you what Group Policies for user
configuration are applied to you as a user while logged onto that computer.
Any of those domain/OU level policies could be applying Group Policy to you.

Otherwise it could be Group Policy computer configuration that would apply
to the computer no matter if you are logged on as a local or domain user. If
that seems to be the case look at the services [ use services.msc] that are
disabled on the domain computer. The remote access connection manager and
telephony services should be set to manual start and be started, while the
remote access auto connection manager should be set to manual start up. In
general it may help to view the configuration of services on that problem
computer to see the differences while it is joined to the domain and when it
is not. You might need to move that computer into a different OU if it's
security need are different than other computers in the OU or make a child
OU for it of the OU it is now and create a new GPO for that OU with security
settings defined that need to override current security settings for the
U. --- Steve