Beauty Contest

Seeing as I'd put so much effort into boosting Milotic's Beauty to make it
evolve, I decided to make it a contest 'mon.

Its moveset is Rain Dance/Hydro Pump/Dive/Surf, and I'm perfectly happy with
it.

Problem is, though, the preliminaries.

I breezed through Normal, Super and Hyper, the former two without Rain Dance
and Hydro Pump even. But the Master Rank audience is pickier.

I fed Milotic my best Pokébloks (without saving) and tried the Master Rank
again, but the preliminaries still didn't do me many favours.

So, question is:
What makes a difference with conditions? Clearly, max Beauty in a Beauty
contest isn't enough. Should I be boosting Cute and Cool? Are Smart and
Tough relevant at all? Are they as important as Cute and Cool? Are all
five stats as important as each other, regardless of contest type?

Help would be muchly appreciated.

Steffan
1 answer Last reply
More about beauty contest

    STEFFAN HEDD ALUN wrote:

    > So, question is:
    > What makes a difference with conditions? Clearly, max Beauty in a
    > Beauty contest isn't enough. Should I be boosting Cute and Cool?
    > Are Smart and Tough relevant at all? Are they as important as Cute
    > and Cool? Are all five stats as important as each other, regardless
    > of contest type?

    I couldn't swear to it, but I believe the two stats adjacent to Beauty
    on the chart (i.e., Cute and Cool) are important, but not as
    important as Beauty. That said, don't stress overmuch on stats.
    It's a moveset that's going to win you your victories, and more
    importantly your sketches.

    Still, if you want a good beautiful Milotic, I've posted some helpful
    recipes to the newsgroup recently. One that doesn't require
    super-rare berries is 9 Kelpsy berries, 2 Pomeg berries, and 2 Qualot
    berries, all ground into pokeblocks at Slateport. If you do,
    however, have super-rare berries, two Ganlon, Salac, and Petaya
    berries, and one each of Liechi and Apicot, ground at Lilycove, will
    give you a pokemon that excels in every stat, with stats good enough
    for scarves in not only Beauty but Smartness.

    Hope this information helps you!

Games Nintendo Video Games