Windows License check?

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
November 30, 2004 3:51:03 PM

We have strict company policy not to allow unlicended software on network.
Recently we added few remote users who use their own home computers to log in
to corporate. How can I be sure their OS is licensed by Microsoft?

More about : windows license check

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
November 30, 2004 11:47:08 PM

Require it to be XP, activated, and up-to-date on service.
Windows Update will refuse service to (most) illegal XP.

Also, you could make use of the new Windows Genuine
Advantage validator
http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/whyValidate....

--
Roger Abell
Microsoft MVP (Windows Security)
"aurelio" <aurelio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D 06C59B7-339C-49D0-9FD0-2E1596A097AD@microsoft.com...
> We have strict company policy not to allow unlicended software on network.
> Recently we added few remote users who use their own home computers to log
in
> to corporate. How can I be sure their OS is licensed by Microsoft?
December 1, 2004 12:17:02 PM

Thanks man

!