Folder NTFS Permissions

I have a user who keeps dragging and dropping whole directories to other
locations.

I need to set some kind of permissions to prevent this, but still allow them
to add, change and delete files.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Jim
1 answer Last reply
More about folder ntfs permissions

    As long as they have the permission to create folders in the target
    directory you can not prevent it. You could use special permissions to deny
    the user or group for create folders/append data to only folders or folders
    and subfolders in the "apply onto" box for special permissions. Users/groups
    can be listed more than once in special permissions in the advanced page of
    security page for folder properties, say once for folder, subfolder, and
    files and once for folders and subfolder as an example with different
    permissions for each. The link below explains special permissions more.
    Though it is written for XP, almost all applies to W2K also. --- Steve

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;308419

    "Support the Supporter" <Support the Supporter@discussions.microsoft.com>
    wrote in message news:81887093-DEF3-4B12-B356-EB709C396153@microsoft.com...
    >I have a user who keeps dragging and dropping whole directories to other
    > locations.
    >
    > I need to set some kind of permissions to prevent this, but still allow
    > them
    > to add, change and delete files.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    > Thanks,
    > Jim

Security NTFS Microsoft Permissions Windows