  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
May 1, 2004 4:29:09 AM

Character: Marvin the Magnificent

Author: Rob

E-mail: robfrompw@yahoo.com

Appearance: Marvin is a somewhat short 47-year-old magician. He is only
5'7", and this makes him look chubby, where a taller man wouldn't
display the fat. He has thinning brown hair with silver linings, a clear
indication of his mid-life crisis. His blue eyes still look youthful and
innocent. He wears an expensive sapphire blue tuxedo, always matched up
with a cheesy ruby red bow tie with a Sea Ruby Badge pinned on it. He
also usually wears a leaf green top hat with fire red trimmings on it.

Personality: Marvin is a very awkward gentleman who doesn't know how to
properly behave around people. He treats everyone like they are members
in an audience, even when walking the streets, most of the time by
telling them cheesy jokes. In the past few years, his desire to meet a
significant other has escalated. This has caused him to be inwardly
quite perverted, but due to his reserved nature, he usually represses
his perverted nature and will hardly ever act perverted around people.

Home: Marvin owns a one bedroom one bathroom apartment in Goldenrod
City, located at the eastern end of Rail Road. The apartment's living
room, decorated exactly like the interior of a caravan he used to call
his home, is very ostentatious, painted in all the colors of the
rainbow. This room houses many props, including various boxes of
different shapes and sizes, magic wands, flash paper, ribbons, special
handkerchiefs, and much more. A very powerful computer is found in one
corner of the room. Inside the bedroom, in addition to one bed, there's
a rotating clothing rack containing a variety of costumes. Marvin is
currently a fugitive from Johto and doesn't have access to his home.

History:

Marvin grew up wanting to be a magician, so he stayed in school and
didn't become a Pokemon Trainer. When he graduated from college, he
tried to become a magician, but lacking funds for props, he failed.
Marvin had to settle for a job as an accountant. At age 35, his mid-life
crisis began and he quit his job to became a magician. He bought props
and a caravan using the money he earned as an accountant. On a trip
to Cinnabar Island at age 36, he purchased the Ditto Sisters, Xerox and
Famifax. They were being auctioned off at the Cinnabar Mansion after
having been genetically altered to remember past transformations, and
Marvin, figuring that they'd be good assistants for his act, made a
$200,000 investment on each of them. The Ditto Sisters became very close
to Marvin during the years that followed and started to consider him
their parent. For three years, Marvin, Xerox, and Famifax traveled all
around Kanto, performing illusions in the cities there.

At age 39, Marvin's mid-life crisis intensified and he decided to go to
the Orange Islands in an attempt to become a Pokemon Master so that his
magic act would gain publicity. He bought a boat, transferred the
contents of his caravan into it, and spent a couple of years on the
Orange Islands. While he was able to perform great magic shows on the
islands, he only earned one Gym Badge, which is pinned to his bowtie at
all times. Hearing about Johto, he sailed to Olivine City, where he
bought an automatic van, transferred the contents of his ship
into it, and performed magic shows all around Johto for another couple
of years before finally settling down in the entertainment capital of
Johto, Goldenrod City, where he bought his apartment. He performed
various magic shows there with the Ditto Sisters for three years.

A month after he turned 46 years old, during the most spectacular magic
show he ever held in Goldenrod City, a little girl named Terri had her
Zigzagoon steal three Shiny Unown he had at the time. The girl's
Pokemon also stole money from members of Marvin's audience. Marvin,
being the prime suspect, started tracking Terri, hoping to prove to
Goldenrod City's police force that he's not a criminal and hoping to
reclaim his Pokemon. Shortly after stealing the money and Pokemon,
Terri sailed to Littleroot Town in Hoenn. Marvin and the Ditto Sisters
went there, and the Ditto Sisters decided to stay in Professor Birch's
Laboratory, each for their own reasons. For the past year, Marvin's
been wandering through Hoenn, looking for Terri. He's also attempting
to earn all the Hoenn Gym Badges, finding Hoenn's Gym Leaders easier
to defeat than the Gym Leaders he encountered in the Orange Islands.

Current Goals: Marvin wishes to get his three Shiny Unown back from
Terri, the girl who stole them. He also hopes that by arresting the
thief, he can prove his innocence to Goldenrod City's police force
and return to his apartment in Johto. While in Hoenn, Marvin decided
to attempt earning all eight Hoenn League Badges, still assured that
he'll gain fame by becoming a Pokemon Master. Marvin continues to
enjoy performing magic, so when he sees tourists gathered somewhere,
he'll come up with a magic show to perform. He's still looking for an
assistant he can share his life with since he's depressed that he's
a 47-year-old man who's never been in a romantic relationship.

Pokemon currently on Marvin's team (as of 4/30/2004):

Pokemon: Exeggutor

Type: Grass/Psychic

Nature: Quirky

Ability: Chlorophyll (When sunny, Speed doubles.)

Level: 30

Moves: Hypnosis, Reflect, Leech Seed, and Stomp

History: Marvin caught an Exeggcute in the Safari Zone when he was
traveling through Fuschia City after he bought his caravan. He thought
it would be fun to have an Exeggcute, since they was rumored to be
magical Pokemon. He was disappointed to find out that Exeggcute are
not magical at all. When he bought a Leaf Stone in Kanto to evolve the
Pokemon, four out of the six of them disagreed, so they remained as an
Exeggcute for a while. On the Orange Islands, after failing to earn a
Sea Ruby Badge twice, Marvin tried convincing the Exeggcute to evolve.
One of the Exeggcute that dissented before changed his mind. The other
three remained unwilling to evolve, but the one who really wanted to
help Marvin lept onto the Leaf Stone, evolving them all into an
Exeggutor. As a result, two of the Exeggutor's heads are happy and
obedient, but one of his heads is angry and another is sad, so those
two heads are disobedient. Despite the quarelling between the heads,
Exeggutor did help Marvin finally earn the Sea Ruby Badge.

Pokemon: Octillery

Type: Water

Nature: Rash

Ability: Suction Cups (Stays put when Roared at or hit by Whirlwind.)

Level: 28

Moves: Octazooka, Bubblebeam, Psybeam, and Aurora Beam

History: After settling down in Goldenrod City, Marvin heard about
an annual Pokemon Swap Meet in a neighboring town. He took a Lickitung
he had caught in Kanto's Safari Zone and traded it to a boy called
Benny, who was looking to find a mate for a Lickitung he got in a
trade years before, for this Octillery. Benny claimed he was a rare
Pokemon, but Marvin was more interested in the fact that a Pokemon
with many arms was more likely to be a better assistant than a Pokemon
with a long tongue. Marvin tried training his Octillery to move props
and shuffle cards, but he didn't always listen to his new trainer.
Now, Whenever Marvin commands Octillery to perform some menial task,
Octillery rebels either by not performing the task or attacking his
Trainer. Octillery only does what Marvin tells him to when battling,
since he considers battling an honorable task, not a menial one.

Pokemon: Torchic

Type: Fire

Nature: Mild

Ability: Blaze (When about to faint, the power of Fire attacks rises.)

Level: 12

Moves: Quick Attack, Scratch, Focus Energy, Ember

History: Raised from an Egg by Professor Birch, Torchic is normally a
very friendly and loyal Pokemon. She was born with the "Quick Attack"
move since both of her parents knew the attack. Though not easily
frightened, she has a few specific phobias. She's terrified of the
dark and has recently developed a fear of getting hit by lightning.
Torchic looks forward to evolving, partly so that she can better
defend herself against foes and partly so that people stop critizing
Marvin for training a Pokemon normally reserved for ten-year-olds.

Pokemon: Mawile

Type: Steel

Nature: Lonely

Ability: Intimidate (An opponent's Attack power lowers due to fear.)

Level: 16

Moves: Astonish, Fake Tears, Bite, and Sweet Scent

History: Mawile was born with a gigantic steel maw protruding from her
head. This was considered a bad omen by many of the Mawile in Granite
Cave's Mawile Village, so they shunned her during her development,
especially since her maw grew even larger as she got older. After both
of her parents were caught by Trainers while running errands in the
Cave, she was left completely alone. One day, while burrowing through
the ground, she ran into Marvin and saved him from some Team Aqua
members who were pursuing him. She let him hide out in Mawile Village
and let him help himself to whatever he wanted. The Mawile Council was
outraged by this and banished both Mawile and Marvin from ever
returning to the Mawile Village. Grateful that the banished Mawile
treated him so nicely, Marvin promised her that she could live in his
apartment when he returns to Johto. Currently, Mawile lives in a black
Luxury Ball she earned in a Coolness Contest on the S.S. Tidal. She
considers Marvin her best friend and helps him with whatever he needs.

Pokemon currently in Professor Birch's Lab:

The Ditto Sisters (Xerox and Famifax): Both of them are able to speak
English and remember what they've transformed into as a result of the
experiments conducted on them in the Cinnabar Mansion. They both
entered puberty after settling down in Goldenrod City. This is not
apparent on Xerox, but Famifax is so hormonally charged that she
takes whatever opportunity she can to hook up with cute guys. They're
both currently living in Professor Birch's Lab for their own reasons.

Pokemon: Xerox the Ditto

Type: Normal

Nature: Careful

Ability: Limber (Cannot be paralyzed.)

Level: 22

Moves: Transform

History: This purple Ditto is more reserved than her sister. She's very
serious most of the time and is usually in her normal Ditto form, only
Transforming when necessary. She is highly intelligent, but the only
psychic abilities she has are empathy and weak telekinesis. During her
travels through Kanto and the Orange Islands, Xerox read a wide
variety of novels and other genres. While traveling through Johto, she
read recent scientific journals since she wanted to know more about the
science behind experiments that were conducted on her in the Cinnabar
Island Mansion. Upon settling down in Goldenrod City, Marvin bought her
a computer and she spent many hours researching various subjects on the
Internet. Currently, she's performing field research with Professor
Birch, using the computer in his Lab and reading the many books in his
Library for fun and education. Despite her high intelligence and
independent spirit, Xerox is highly loyal to Marvin and tends to call
him "master" when talking to him. After reading so much, she's become
far-sighted. When reading a book or staring at a computer screen, she
wears stylish Scope Lens glasses that Marvin got as a mysterious gift
from a girl in the Goldenrod City Department Store.

Pokemon: Famifax the Ditto

Type: Normal

Nature: Naughty

Ability: Limber (Cannot be paralyzed.)

Level: 20

Moves: Transform

History: She is a pink Ditto. The Ditto Sisters are fraternal twins,
not identical twins. She is a wild and crazy Ditto and just loves
showing off her Transforming skill. She enjoys pretending to be female
humans, particularly blonde, pink, or strawberry blonde haired girls,
but she also likes transforming into cute Pokemon. Her voice is
squeaky and high-pitched, but that doesn't stop her from talking. When
younger, she spoke English quite poorly, but her language skills have
improved over time. She now sounds like a valley girl and occassionally
adds the letter "s" to the end of words. She enjoyed meeting cute guys
when she was little, but now, as a result of puberty, Famifax is so
hormonally charged that she takes whatever opportunity she can to hook
up with cute guys she meets in Goldenrod City, be they human or
Pokemon, intelligent or not. Another result of puberty is that she now
rebels against Marvin more often, but she never attacks him violently,
something she's prone to do with others. Famifax almost always wears a
Pink Bow that Marvin bought for her at the Goldenrod Galleria, not to
power up Normal attacks, but because she thinks it looks cute. She's
currently living in Professor Birch's Lab, enjoying the time she's
spending with the Professor's handsome green-haired male assistant.

Allies: Darian McCain, Mimic the Ditto, Drake the Dragonite, Kitsu,
Keaton, Lynkeru, and Mamoru/Yuki.

Enemies: Terri, the girl who stole his Shiny Unown, and Diva, a rude
singing Smoochum who speaks English and doesn't like Marvin. Diva is
currently owned by Roxie, a green-haired biker who Marvin isn't fond
of since she tried to steal his Shiny Unown.

Other Notes: Marvin once traveled with a Mr. Mime named Bozo who was
looking for a home. Bozo found a home on the Pokemon Showboat that
sails around the Orange Islands, where he continues to be a mime,
refusing to have the voice actors put words in his mouth. He's annoyed
that the Mr. Mime on the boat before him says his own name, but Bozo's
able to put up with him since he's in love with the Jynx on the boat.
Marvin also owned a multi-colored Spearow from Pokemon Island during
his trip through the Orange Islands, but Xerox made him return the
illegally caught Pokemon to Pokemon Island before heading to Johto.
Marvin traded a Lickitung he caught on his second visit to Kanto's
Safari Zone for an Octillery at Johto's Pokemon Swap Meet. Marvin also
owned three Shiny Unown at one point - an N-shaped one he called Fire
Wand who had Fire as a Secret Power, an L-shaped one he called Tickler
who had Ice as a Secret Power, and a J-shaped one he called Blower who
had Flying as a Secret Power. These Shiny Unown were stolen from him
by a little girl named Terri and Marvin's trying to get them back.

-Marvin

More about : marvin magnificent

Anonymous
May 1, 2004 4:29:10 AM

Rob wrote:

> Character: Marvin the Magnificent

I don't mean to criticize, Rob, but wouldn't Elsa's WG been a bit more
relevant?

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
ICQ: 122744531

My Adventure Quest character:

May 1, 2004 7:10:01 AM

Chet Weaver - YOUR HEAD A SPLODE! wrote:

>> Character: Marvin the Magnificent
>>
> I don't mean to criticize, Rob, but wouldn't Elsa's WG been a bit more
> relevant?

Considering I posted Elsa's WG in January of this year and I haven't
posted Marvin's WG since 2001? No, Tech, it wouldn't be a bit more
relevant. Elsa isn't the one currently interacting with one of your
characters. Marvin is. Speaking of which, are you going to make a
Lynkeru post in the near future or are you waiting for me to post?

-Rob
Anonymous
May 2, 2004 10:38:21 PM

Rob wrote:

> Chet Weaver - YOUR HEAD A SPLODE! wrote:
>
>>> Character: Marvin the Magnificent
>>>
>> I don't mean to criticize, Rob, but wouldn't Elsa's WG been a bit more
>> relevant?
>

> Considering I posted Elsa's WG in January of this year and I haven't
> posted Marvin's WG since 2001? No, Tech, it wouldn't be a bit more
> relevant. Elsa isn't the one currently interacting with one of your
> characters.

Oh, yeah. The idea just struck me since you posted for Elsa most
recently. Sorry if I've irked you in anyway.

> Marvin is. Speaking of which, are you going to make a
> Lynkeru post in the near future or are you waiting for me to post?

Dah! Sorry, I've been focusing on getting Mason out of Fallarbor before
the search party gets there. I might come up with something after I get
Plan B posted, but I haven't made any plans yet.