Need help W/Zenith C27V22

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
July 26, 2004 11:57:58 PM

I purchased a Zenith HDTV Monitor (C27V22) from BrandsmartUSA in Pompano
Beach Fl on 12/20/2003. The place I lived at when I purchased the
television did not have HDTV service in the area. I have recently moved
to a Comcastr serviced are that provides digital cable and HDTV and I
ordered both of those packages.

On the zenith, there are two sets of component video jacks. One is
labeled DVD and the other HD. The DVD jacks only support 480i and the HD
jacks support 480p and 1080i.

I have my comcast box plugged into the component HD jacks.

The problem I have is when I configure the Comcast (Moto 6200) box to
output 1080i over the component video, the display on the zenith will
show the cable tv programming for about one second and then it will flip
to a screen that the zenith is creating ststing:
"Please connect a valid video format. 480p, 1080i 60HZ"
It then flips back to the cable programming and then to the text screen
in a loop, ad infinitum.

When the Comcast box outputs at 480p, everything looks great (16:9 Edge
to Edge pic, high res). I have had a signal generator on the television
and I saw several 1080i test patterns at multiple frequencies from 30Hz
to 70 Hz. Comcast has looked at their box and signal and said everything
is OK. They even hooked up an older DCT5100 and the problem persisted.

What could the problem be? I am in the middle of a finger pointing war
and have no idea where the problem lies.

The television specifically is requesting 1080i at 60 Hz. What would the
symptoms be if the signal from the comcast box was not 60 Hz?

I spoke to a comcast HD tech who told me that he actually had the same tv
and problems and he was forced to return the TV because he could not get
a 1080i signal working. How and whom might I convince to take the tv
back? Zenith or Brandsmart. I have the receipt, but not the box.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
Aaron Benage
aaron@jonharvey.com

More about : zenith c27v22

Anonymous
July 26, 2004 11:57:59 PM

Gold Star has been having a bit of a problem with compatibility in their
Zenith Branded teles.
"Aaron" <a_benage@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I purchased a Zenith HDTV Monitor (C27V22) from BrandsmartUSA in Pompano
> Beach Fl on 12/20/2003. The place I lived at when I purchased the
> television did not have HDTV service in the area. I have recently moved
> to a Comcastr serviced are that provides digital cable and HDTV and I
> ordered both of those packages.
>
> On the zenith, there are two sets of component video jacks. One is
> labeled DVD and the other HD. The DVD jacks only support 480i and the HD
> jacks support 480p and 1080i.
>
> I have my comcast box plugged into the component HD jacks.
>
> The problem I have is when I configure the Comcast (Moto 6200) box to
> output 1080i over the component video, the display on the zenith will
> show the cable tv programming for about one second and then it will flip
> to a screen that the zenith is creating ststing:
> "Please connect a valid video format. 480p, 1080i 60HZ"
> It then flips back to the cable programming and then to the text screen
> in a loop, ad infinitum.
>
> When the Comcast box outputs at 480p, everything looks great (16:9 Edge
> to Edge pic, high res). I have had a signal generator on the television
> and I saw several 1080i test patterns at multiple frequencies from 30Hz
> to 70 Hz. Comcast has looked at their box and signal and said everything
> is OK. They even hooked up an older DCT5100 and the problem persisted.
>
> What could the problem be? I am in the middle of a finger pointing war
> and have no idea where the problem lies.
>
> The television specifically is requesting 1080i at 60 Hz. What would the
> symptoms be if the signal from the comcast box was not 60 Hz?
>
> I spoke to a comcast HD tech who told me that he actually had the same tv
> and problems and he was forced to return the TV because he could not get
> a 1080i signal working. How and whom might I convince to take the tv
> back? Zenith or Brandsmart. I have the receipt, but not the box.
>
> Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
> Aaron Benage
> aaron@jonharvey.com
July 27, 2004 10:21:44 PM

Would you care to elaborate? Are the symptoms I am describing amongst the
common complaints? Is there a resolution to this problem?

"Art" <plotsligt@comcast.net> wrote in
news:p cGdnRyr8Lr4DZjcRVn-ig@comcast.com:

> Gold Star has been having a bit of a problem with compatibility in
> their Zenith Branded teles.
July 27, 2004 10:21:45 PM

Seen too many that the signal board just does not want to work as per
design, ordering gross proved to be futile because all of then acted the
same way, less the 20% that just failed out of the box. Unless there is a
software update that they are willing to incorporate in a revision there may
be poor odds of resolution. Not really enthralled at what G/L is doing with
the Zenith Branded products.
> Would you care to elaborate? Are the symptoms I am describing amongst the
> common complaints? Is there a resolution to this problem?
>

> "Art" <plotsligt@comcast.net> wrote in
> news:p cGdnRyr8Lr4DZjcRVn-ig@comcast.com:
>
> > Gold Star has been having a bit of a problem with compatibility in
> > their Zenith Branded teles.
July 28, 2004 12:39:30 AM

Thanks for the info...
Aaron