Windows 9x clients authentication

Dear sir's
on a network with a windows 2000 advanced server domain is there a way not
to allow windows 95,98 and ME clients to authenticate or log on to the
domain? (note: i want to deny the access for the operating systems not the
user accounts or computer accounts) which meens if a user has a dual boot
(2000 pro,98) he can access and log onto the domain but when booted with
windows 98 , he can't
thank you for your help

best regards
1 answer Last reply
More about windows clients authentication

    Hi,

    When authenticating from 9x and me machines, LM authentication is used. This
    can be disallowed via Group Policy. Maybe that will work.

    But please notice that some services or program may depend on LM
    authentication so be sure to test properly.

    /Lars

    "shehab" wrote:

    > Dear sir's
    > on a network with a windows 2000 advanced server domain is there a way not
    > to allow windows 95,98 and ME clients to authenticate or log on to the
    > domain? (note: i want to deny the access for the operating systems not the
    > user accounts or computer accounts) which meens if a user has a dual boot
    > (2000 pro,98) he can access and log onto the domain but when booted with
    > windows 98 , he can't
    > thank you for your help
    >
    > best regards

Domain Authentication Windows