Windows 9x clients authentication

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
December 2, 2004 9:51:03 AM

Dear sir's
on a network with a windows 2000 advanced server domain is there a way not
to allow windows 95,98 and ME clients to authenticate or log on to the
domain? (note: i want to deny the access for the operating systems not the
user accounts or computer accounts) which meens if a user has a dual boot
(2000 pro,98) he can access and log onto the domain but when booted with
windows 98 , he can't
thank you for your help

best regards
Anonymous
December 2, 2004 9:57:06 AM

Hi,

When authenticating from 9x and me machines, LM authentication is used. This
can be disallowed via Group Policy. Maybe that will work.

But please notice that some services or program may depend on LM
authentication so be sure to test properly.

/Lars

!