Encrypting traffic between Win2000 client and nonWindows s..

Is it possible to encrypt traffic on a Win2000 AD network between a Windows
2000 client PC and a nonWindows server?
We need to encrypt all traffic coming to/from a nonWindows server. How can
this be accomplished?
5 answers Last reply
More about encrypting traffic win2000 client nonwindows

    You should be able to define hard association using the
    industry standard IPsec that requires payload encryption
    if the non-Windows system supports the standard.

    --
    Roger Abell
    Microsoft MVP (Windows Security)
    <Warner@nospam.postalias@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Is it possible to encrypt traffic on a Win2000 AD network between a
    Windows
    > 2000 client PC and a nonWindows server?
    > We need to encrypt all traffic coming to/from a nonWindows server. How
    can
    > this be accomplished?

    writing after midnight!, that should have sounded as

    --
    Roger
    > You should be able to define hard association using the
    > industry standard IPsec that requires payload encryption
    > if the non-Windows system supports the standard.
    >
    > --
    > Roger Abell
    > Microsoft MVP (Windows Security)
    > MCSE (W2k3,W2k,Nt4) MCDBA
    > "Warner@nospam.postalias"
    > <Warner@nospam.postalias@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Is it possible to encrypt traffic on a Win2000 AD network between a
    > Windows
    > > 2000 client PC and a nonWindows server?
    > > We need to encrypt all traffic coming to/from a nonWindows server. How
    > can
    > > this be accomplished?

    circa Thu, 2 Dec 2004 14:11:05 -0800, in
    microsoft.public.win2000.security, =?Utf-8?B?
    V2FybmVyQG5vc3BhbS5wb3N0YWxpYXM=?= (Warner@nospam.postalias) said,
    > Is it possible to encrypt traffic on a Win2000 AD network between a Windows
    > 2000 client PC and a nonWindows server?
    > We need to encrypt all traffic coming to/from a nonWindows server. How can
    > this be accomplished?

    With IPSec. What is the OS on the non-Windows server in question?

    Laura
    -Oscar Wilde

    "Laura A. Robinson" <geekwench@snippit.hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > (Warner@nospam.postalias) said,
    > > Is it possible to encrypt traffic on a Win2000 AD network between a
    Windows
    > > 2000 client PC and a nonWindows server?
    > > We need to encrypt all traffic coming to/from a nonWindows server. How
    can
    > > this be accomplished?
    > >
    > With IPSec. What is the OS on the non-Windows server in question?
    >
    > Laura
    > --
    > Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes.
    > -Oscar Wilde

    Great to see you are finding some time to get out and about lady !!

    --
    Roger

    circa Fri, 3 Dec 2004 23:43:02 -0700, in
    microsoft.public.win2000.security, Roger Abell (mvpNOSpam@asu.edu)
    said,
    > "Laura A. Robinson" <geekwench@snippit.hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > (Warner@nospam.postalias) said,
    > > > Is it possible to encrypt traffic on a Win2000 AD network between a
    > Windows
    > > > 2000 client PC and a nonWindows server?
    > > > We need to encrypt all traffic coming to/from a nonWindows server. How
    > can
    > > > this be accomplished?
    > > >
    > > With IPSec. What is the OS on the non-Windows server in question?
    > >
    > > Laura
    > > --
    > > Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes.
    > > -Oscar Wilde
    >
    > Great to see you are finding some time to get out and about lady !!

    Heh. You have no idea. ;-)

    Laura
    -Oscar Wilde

Security Microsoft Servers Windows