Encrypting traffic between Win2000 client and nonWindows s..

Is it possible to encrypt traffic on a Win2000 AD network between a Windows
2000 client PC and a nonWindows server?
We need to encrypt all traffic coming to/from a nonWindows server. How can
this be accomplished?

You should be able to define hard association using the
industry standard IPsec that requires payload encryption
if the non-Windows system supports the standard.

--
Roger Abell
Microsoft MVP (Windows Security)
<Warner@nospam.postalias@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to encrypt traffic on a Win2000 AD network between a
Windows
> 2000 client PC and a nonWindows server?
> We need to encrypt all traffic coming to/from a nonWindows server. How
can
> this be accomplished?

writing after midnight!, that should have sounded as

--
Roger
> You should be able to define hard association using the
> industry standard IPsec that requires payload encryption
> if the non-Windows system supports the standard.
>
> --
> Roger Abell
> Microsoft MVP (Windows Security)
> MCSE (W2k3,W2k,Nt4) MCDBA
> "Warner@nospam.postalias"
> <Warner@nospam.postalias@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is it possible to encrypt traffic on a Win2000 AD network between a
> Windows
> > 2000 client PC and a nonWindows server?
> > We need to encrypt all traffic coming to/from a nonWindows server. How
> can
> > this be accomplished?

circa Thu, 2 Dec 2004 14:11:05 -0800, in
microsoft.public.win2000.security, =?Utf-8?B?
V2FybmVyQG5vc3BhbS5wb3N0YWxpYXM=?= (Warner@nospam.postalias) said,
> Is it possible to encrypt traffic on a Win2000 AD network between a Windows
> 2000 client PC and a nonWindows server?
> We need to encrypt all traffic coming to/from a nonWindows server. How can
> this be accomplished?

With IPSec. What is the OS on the non-Windows server in question?

Laura
-Oscar Wilde

"Laura A. Robinson" <geekwench@snippit.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> (Warner@nospam.postalias) said,
> > Is it possible to encrypt traffic on a Win2000 AD network between a
Windows
> > 2000 client PC and a nonWindows server?
> > We need to encrypt all traffic coming to/from a nonWindows server. How
can
> > this be accomplished?
> >
> With IPSec. What is the OS on the non-Windows server in question?
>
> Laura
> --
> Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes.
> -Oscar Wilde

Great to see you are finding some time to get out and about lady !!

--
Roger

circa Fri, 3 Dec 2004 23:43:02 -0700, in
microsoft.public.win2000.security, Roger Abell (mvpNOSpam@asu.edu)
said,
> "Laura A. Robinson" <geekwench@snippit.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > (Warner@nospam.postalias) said,
> > > Is it possible to encrypt traffic on a Win2000 AD network between a
> Windows
> > > 2000 client PC and a nonWindows server?
> > > We need to encrypt all traffic coming to/from a nonWindows server. How
> can
> > > this be accomplished?
> > >
> > With IPSec. What is the OS on the non-Windows server in question?
> >
> > Laura
> > --
> > Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes.
> > -Oscar Wilde
>
> Great to see you are finding some time to get out and about lady !!

Heh. You have no idea. ;-)

Laura
-Oscar Wilde