[PW!] [NS] PW! Pavilion Update

The Pokewars! Pavilion Explorer I mentioned last month is now available
at the Pokewars! Pavilion. In Version 1.0, the only features that are
available are a Pavilion Browser and a Writer's Guide Navigator (the
PW!-Dex of sorts). Many character images are still missing in the WG
Navigator, but after Jose finishes his collosal Pokewars! Cast Pic,
images will show up for all the active PW! characters. I will be adding
more features to the PW! Pavilion Explorer in later versions (that's the
reason why the Save/Open file options are there - in this version, they
don't do anything interesting). Be sure to extract both the program and
the "Cache" folder within the Zip file into the same directory on your
computer. If you have any problems with the program, let me know.

I've added four new works of Fan Art to the Pokewars! Pavilion. Two by
MechaGojira: Dan Ando and Dynamask, and two by Jose Solano: Dreadite and
Spectre Hitkage (the character of PW! co-founder Regulus). I've also
made some minor changes to the Tutorial, updated the Writer's Guide
section, added Team Aqua and Team Magma to the Groups page, updated the
Character Tracker, and brought the Shiny Unown Quest Guide up to date.

-Rob
4 answers Last reply
More about pavilion update

    Rob wrote:
    > The Pokewars! Pavilion Explorer I mentioned last month is now available
    > at the Pokewars! Pavilion. In Version 1.0, the only features that are
    > available are a Pavilion Browser and a Writer's Guide Navigator (the
    > PW!-Dex of sorts). Many character images are still missing in the WG
    > Navigator, but after Jose finishes his collosal Pokewars! Cast Pic,
    > images will show up for all the active PW! characters. I will be adding
    > more features to the PW! Pavilion Explorer in later versions (that's the
    > reason why the Save/Open file options are there - in this version, they
    > don't do anything interesting). Be sure to extract both the program and
    > the "Cache" folder within the Zip file into the same directory on your
    > computer. If you have any problems with the program, let me know.

    It fails to work on my Win2K machine, complaining about being unable to
    find gdiplus.pll. Is there a compilation option where you can include
    all the necessary dynamic link libraries in the executable? I know it
    makes the executable larger, but it also gives a greater chance that
    said executable will work on all the various differently configured
    Windows machines.

    Rob <robfrompw@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<40944355.4090709@yahoo.com>...
    > The Pokewars! Pavilion Explorer I mentioned last month is now available
    > at the Pokewars! Pavilion. In Version 1.0, the only features that are
    > available are a Pavilion Browser and a Writer's Guide Navigator (the
    > PW!-Dex of sorts). Many character images are still missing in the WG
    > Navigator, but after Jose finishes his collosal Pokewars! Cast Pic,
    > images will show up for all the active PW! characters. I will be adding
    > more features to the PW! Pavilion Explorer in later versions (that's the
    > reason why the Save/Open file options are there - in this version, they
    > don't do anything interesting). Be sure to extract both the program and
    > the "Cache" folder within the Zip file into the same directory on your
    > computer. If you have any problems with the program, let me know.
    >
    > I've added four new works of Fan Art to the Pokewars! Pavilion. Two by
    > MechaGojira: Dan Ando and Dynamask, and two by Jose Solano: Dreadite and
    > Spectre Hitkage (the character of PW! co-founder Regulus). I've also
    > made some minor changes to the Tutorial, updated the Writer's Guide
    > section, added Team Aqua and Team Magma to the Groups page, updated the
    > Character Tracker, and brought the Shiny Unown Quest Guide up to date.
    >
    > -Rob

    Well, I'm glad this is up and running. Sadly, I can't seem to access
    it. Server delay, perhaps?

    Adrian Tymes wrote:

    > It fails to work on my Win2K machine, complaining about being unable to
    > find gdiplus.pll. Is there a compilation option where you can include
    > all the necessary dynamic link libraries in the executable? I know it
    > makes the executable larger, but it also gives a greater chance that
    > said executable will work on all the various differently configured
    > Windows machines.

    I did include most of the necessary DLLs. However, while GDI+ (which I
    used to process images) comes standard with Windows XP, it needs to be
    installed on older systems. If you download and install the GDI+ files
    from Microsoft, the program should work.

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=32738

    -Rob

    Rob wrote:
    > Adrian Tymes wrote:
    >> It fails to work on my Win2K machine, complaining about being unable to
    >> find gdiplus.pll. Is there a compilation option where you can include
    >> all the necessary dynamic link libraries in the executable? I know it
    >> makes the executable larger, but it also gives a greater chance that
    >> said executable will work on all the various differently configured
    >> Windows machines.
    >
    > I did include most of the necessary DLLs. However, while GDI+ (which I
    > used to process images) comes standard with Windows XP, it needs to be
    > installed on older systems. If you download and install the GDI+ files
    > from Microsoft, the program should work.
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=32738

    That works, if I then find gdiplus.dll and move it into the same folder
    as the application.

Pavilion Explorer Video Games