Screenshot of a Movie

Is there a way to capture a screenshot of an image displayed in a movie file
, mpeg. or similiar types? Thanks.
--
Ed Avery

Use Windows Media Player. Launch WMP and go to Tools->Options->Performance
Tab. Slide the Video Acceleration Tab to the left about 50% and click Apply.
You can then use PrintScreen Key and the paste into MS Paint.

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"Obadoty" <Obadoty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to capture a screenshot of an image displayed in a movie
file
> , mpeg. or similiar types? Thanks.
> --
> Ed Avery

If you are using WMP, you can pause and use Print Screen and paste into
Paint, Photodraw, PhotoShop, etc. If you have an application like Power DVD,
there should be a screen capture button on the interface somewhere, clicking
on it while the movie is playing will save the screen shot to a folder.

HTH

"Obadoty" <Obadoty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to capture a screenshot of an image displayed in a movie
> file
> , mpeg. or similiar types? Thanks.
> --
> Ed Avery

Byte

Middleton's procedure is the one I use and it is free. SnagIt has a free trial
period but costs $40 afterwards. Using Pause and PrintScreen works fine.

"Harry Ohrn" wrote:

> Use Windows Media Player. Launch WMP and go to Tools->Options->Performance
> Tab. Slide the Video Acceleration Tab to the left about 50% and click Apply.
> You can then use PrintScreen Key and the paste into MS Paint.
>
> --
>
> Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
> www.webtree.ca/windowsxp
>

> "Obadoty" <Obadoty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is there a way to capture a screenshot of an image displayed in a movie
> file
> > , mpeg. or similiar types? Thanks.
> > --
> > Ed Avery

johnf

Try SnagIt

--

johnf

> Is there a way to capture a screenshot of an image displayed in a movie
> file , mpeg. or similiar types? Thanks.
> --
> Ed Avery

I thought of that solution also. SnagIt! 7 is certainly versatile.

"johnf" <john_f@bigpond.net.a> wrote in message
> Try SnagIt
>
> --
>
> johnf
>
>> Is there a way to capture a screenshot of an image displayed in a movie
>> file , mpeg. or similiar types? Thanks.
>> --
>> Ed Avery

TRENDING THREADS