Pokemon videos to hit GBA in June

Last response: in Video Games
May 4, 2004 3:44:15 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon,alt.games.pokemon,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,tnn.games.pokemon,uk.games.video.gameboy (More info?)

x-no-archive: yes

"Pokemon videos to hit GBA in June"

--- <quote> ---

Up to 45 minutes of full-screen animation for less than the price of a
normal game

Nintendo have announced that they will shortly begin selling special video
carts that will play on GBA. Due to go on sale in the US on 21 June, priced
at $19.99 (just over £11), they will be able to handle up to 45 minutes of
full-screen animation.

The series of carts, which will slot into your Game Boy like a normal game
and require no additional hardware, will initially feature episodes from the
Pokemon cartoon series (of which there have been over 300 in all), with
Playing with Fire! and Johto Photo Finish on one cart and A Hot Water Bottle
and For Ho-Oh The Bells Toll! on another.

--- </quote> ---

http://www.neowin.net/comments.php?category=gamers&id=1...
http://makeashorterlink.com/?N2AB23338
Anonymous
May 4, 2004 7:54:03 PM

"Cent -- now subscribed to 100 newsgroups. Beat that!" <me@privacy.net>
wrote in message news:c76jp9$cp3m$1@ID-111037.news.uni-berlin.de...
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> "Pokemon videos to hit GBA in June"
>
> --- <quote> ---
>
> Up to 45 minutes of full-screen animation for less than the price of a
> normal game
>
> Nintendo have announced that they will shortly begin selling special video
> carts that will play on GBA. Due to go on sale in the US on 21 June,
priced
> at $19.99 (just over £11), they will be able to handle up to 45 minutes of
> full-screen animation.
>
> The series of carts, which will slot into your Game Boy like a normal game
> and require no additional hardware, will initially feature episodes from
the
> Pokemon cartoon series (of which there have been over 300 in all), with
> Playing with Fire! and Johto Photo Finish on one cart and A Hot Water
Bottle
> and For Ho-Oh The Bells Toll! on another.

Now why would you want to watch the series on your GBA?

--

"aouf" It's the new (edited) way of swearing
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=aouf&f=1

"Chriz" <chrizizhere@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<c77b5r$cj18$1@ID-207118.news.uni-berlin.de>...
> "Cent -- now subscribed to 100 newsgroups. Beat that!" <me@privacy.net>
> wrote in message news:c76jp9$cp3m$1@ID-111037.news.uni-berlin.de...
> > x-no-archive: yes
> >
> > "Pokemon videos to hit GBA in June"
> >
> > --- <quote> ---
> >
> > Up to 45 minutes of full-screen animation for less than the price of a
> > normal game
> >
> > Nintendo have announced that they will shortly begin selling special video
> > carts that will play on GBA. Due to go on sale in the US on 21 June,
> priced
> > at $19.99 (just over £11), they will be able to handle up to 45 minutes of
> > full-screen animation.
> >
> > The series of carts, which will slot into your Game Boy like a normal game
> > and require no additional hardware, will initially feature episodes from
> the
> > Pokemon cartoon series (of which there have been over 300 in all), with
> > Playing with Fire! and Johto Photo Finish on one cart and A Hot Water
> Bottle
> > and For Ho-Oh The Bells Toll! on another.
>
> Now why would you want to watch the series on your GBA?

What happens if say you like the series but can't get to watch it
cause your not in when it's on the tv? Like ME!!!! I would like the
opportunity(SP) to see the episodes again!!!

> --
>
> "aouf" It's the new (edited) way of swearing
> http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=aouf&f=1
> This message is available in Dolby Analogue 1.0
> Well, that's my 2 cents worth for today.
> Damn you all top posters!
> "I am the eggman, they are the eggmen, I am the walrus, goo goo g' joob" -
> Beatles, 'I am the Walrus.'
May 4, 2004 7:54:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon,alt.games.pokemon,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,tnn.games.pokemon,uk.games.video.gameboy (More info?)

"Chriz" <chrizizhere@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<c77b5r$cj18$1@ID-207118.news.uni-berlin.de>...
> Now why would you want to watch the series on your GBA?

Boredom?

-Andrusi &&
Sanity not included.
Anonymous
May 4, 2004 8:21:21 PM

>What happens if say you like the series but can't get to watch it
>cause your not in when it's on the tv? Like ME!!!! I would like the
>opportunity(SP) to see the episodes again!!!

Well, there's the even better option of DVDs. :)

Jon-

Cartoon Quote-
"Now one close call would be enough to send a smart guy runnin', but Daggett
never had the sense the good lord gave an onion" (Angry Beavers: "The Legend
of Kid Friendly").
Anonymous
May 4, 2004 11:07:53 PM

"JDJF03" <jdjf03@aol.computer> wrote in message

> >What happens if say you like the series but can't get to watch it
> >cause your not in when it's on the tv? Like ME!!!! I would like the
> >opportunity(SP) to see the episodes again!!!
> >

> Well, there's the even better option of DVDs. :)

I really like the idea of a few toons being available to play on GBA -
perfect for car trip or long wait in Doctor's office when you don't have a
game you feel like playing. I will at least buy one or two..and of course
there is the 'cool factor' as well.
Anonymous
May 7, 2004 8:26:00 AM

Hazel wrote: news:1e7dbc02.0405040738.3317f3eb@posting.google.com

> "Chriz" <chrizizhere@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>> Now why would you want to watch the series on your GBA?
>
> What happens if say you like the series but can't get to watch it
> cause your not in when it's on the tv? Like ME!!!! I would like the
> opportunity(SP) to see the episodes again!!!

there are plenty of other ways to watch the episodes again without paying as
much. BitTorrent, DVD recorders, DVD rental, sky+, TiVo, etc.
Anonymous
May 7, 2004 8:28:07 AM

Chriz wrote: news:c77b5r$cj18$1@ID-207118.news.uni-berlin.de

> Cent <me@privacy.net> wrote
>
>> "Pokemon videos to hit GBA in June"
>>
>> --- <quote> ---
>>
>> Up to 45 minutes of full-screen animation for less than the price of a
>> normal game
>>
>> Nintendo have announced that they will shortly begin selling special
>> video carts that will play on GBA. Due to go on sale in the US on 21
>> June, priced at $19.99 (just over £11), they will be able to handle up
>> to 45 minutes of full-screen animation.
>>
>> The series of carts, which will slot into your Game Boy like a normal
>> game and require no additional hardware, will initially feature episodes
>> from the Pokemon cartoon series (of which there have been over 300 in
>> all), with Playing with Fire! and Johto Photo Finish on one cart and A
>> Hot Water Bottle and For Ho-Oh The Bells Toll! on another.
>
> Now why would you want to watch the series on your GBA?

4 episodes doesn't really constitute a series.
!