Sandisk SD WiFi card for O2 XDA II

May 16, 2005 7:07:55 PM

I have an O2 XDA II. With WiFi, I use a Sandisk SD WiFi card (model: SDWSDB-
000), and it was purchased in October 2004.

Unfortunatly, my card has become defective. I contacted Sandisk support. They
originally said they will send me a box to ship back the defective card. That
box never came after six weeks. They never sent a replacement either. Now,
this particular model is discontinued.

Apparently, they no longer have anything in stock either and would not be
able to send me a replacement. So, am I SOL? I read from their site that the
ones with 256MB memory (model: SDWSDB-256) aren't compatible with the XDA II.

Would anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do? I just feel being
screwed over...

Thanks...

-lyj

More about : sandisk wifi card xda

Anonymous
May 17, 2005 1:11:51 PM

The compatibility issue exists. Don't waste your time trying the card with
memory in the XDAII, it won't work.

Regarding the regular model, I am not sure on what is happening to it. I
have customers looking for it as crazy and it cannot be found. I am looking
for information on that as well.

Helio Diamant - MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
Editor-in-Chief
Pocket PC Freak - The Hebrew Pocket PC site
http://www.pocketpcfreak.com
"LastYJ" <carsx88-6012@yahoo.comm.> wrote in message
>I have an O2 XDA II. With WiFi, I use a Sandisk SD WiFi card (model:
>SDWSDB-
> 000), and it was purchased in October 2004.
>
> Unfortunatly, my card has become defective. I contacted Sandisk support.
> They
> originally said they will send me a box to ship back the defective card.
> That
> box never came after six weeks. They never sent a replacement either. Now,
> this particular model is discontinued.
>
> Apparently, they no longer have anything in stock either and would not be
> able to send me a replacement. So, am I SOL? I read from their site that
> the
> ones with 256MB memory (model: SDWSDB-256) aren't compatible with the XDA
> II.
>
> Would anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do? I just feel being
> screwed over...
>
> Thanks...
>
> -lyj

> News==----
> Newsgroups
> =----
Anonymous
May 17, 2005 9:01:59 PM

Dont know if this helps.
Are you the UK? If so, dealing with faulty goods is the responsibilty
of the seller not the manufacturer. The seller needs to sort it out.

On 16 May 2005 15:07:55 -0500, LastYJ <carsx88-6012@yahoo.comm.>
wrote:

>I have an O2 XDA II. With WiFi, I use a Sandisk SD WiFi card (model: SDWSDB-
>000), and it was purchased in October 2004.
>
>Unfortunatly, my card has become defective. I contacted Sandisk support. They
>originally said they will send me a box to ship back the defective card. That
>box never came after six weeks. They never sent a replacement either. Now,
>this particular model is discontinued.
>
>Apparently, they no longer have anything in stock either and would not be
>able to send me a replacement. So, am I SOL? I read from their site that the
>ones with 256MB memory (model: SDWSDB-256) aren't compatible with the XDA II.
>
>Would anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do? I just feel being
>screwed over...
>
>Thanks...
>
>-lyj

>http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
>----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----
Anonymous
May 17, 2005 9:02:00 PM

I am in Canada, but the card was originally bought in Hong Kong. When I
bought it, I asked the sales guy what to do with warranty and he told me
Sandisk will take care of it no matter where I am using the product.

Thanks for the suggestion though...

rayadavis@btopenworld.com wrote in