Exchange Administrator Account Lockouts every 7 minutes

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
December 7, 2004 7:11:05 PM

the domain Exchange administrator account is being locked out by an
application or process. I have checked all services, there are no persistant
mapped drives or schedules tasks running on the source server. I have
downloaded alltools and setup netlogon verbose debugging however I am not
getting any useful information.

What is the best way to diagnose account lockouts caused by cusomt IIS
applications or .asp?

The event is listed below.

Event Type: Failure Audit
Event Source: Security
Event Category: Account Logon
Event ID: 680
Date: 8/12/2004
Time: 9:01:06 AM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: TLSEX1
Logon attempt by: MICROSOFT_AUTHENTICATION_PACKAGE_V1_0
Logon account: ExchangeAdmin
Source Workstation: MyServer
Error Code: 0xC0000234

Thanks
Anonymous
December 8, 2004 12:32:30 AM

Well, I was going to suggest that you start with
Troubleshooting account lockout problems in Windows Server 2003, in Windows
2000, and in Windows NT 4.0
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315585
but I opened it to see if it mentioned the new stuff MS released some
months ago, and I see the KB's content is totally trashed !!!

Anyway the Account Lockout and Management Tools can be obtained at

and maybe (don't hold the breath) they will fix the KB in time for you.
--
Roger Abell
MCDBA, MCSE W2k3+W2k+Nt4

!