Event ID: 680
Date: 8/12/2004
Time: 9:01:06 AM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: TLSEX1
Logon attempt by: MICROSOFT_AUTHENTICATION_PACKAGE_V1_0
Logon account: ExchangeAdmin
Source Workstation: MyServer
Error Code: 0xC0000234

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about exchange administrator account lockouts minutes

    Well, I was going to suggest that you start with
    Troubleshooting account lockout problems in Windows Server 2003, in Windows
    2000, and in Windows NT 4.0
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315585
    but I opened it to see if it mentioned the new stuff MS released some
    months ago, and I see the KB's content is totally trashed !!!

    Anyway the Account Lockout and Management Tools can be obtained at
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7af2e69c-91f3-4e63-8629-b999adde0b9e&DisplayLang=en

    and maybe (don't hold the breath) they will fix the KB in time for you.
    --
    Roger Abell
    MCDBA, MCSE W2k3+W2k+Nt4
    "Eve" <Eve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > the domain Exchange administrator account is being locked out by an
    > application or process. I have checked all services, there are no
    > persistant
    > mapped drives or schedules tasks running on the source server. I have
    > downloaded alltools and setup netlogon verbose debugging however I am not
    > getting any useful information.
    >
    > What is the best way to diagnose account lockouts caused by cusomt IIS
    > applications or .asp?
    >
    > The event is listed below.
    >
    > Event Type: Failure Audit
    > Event Source: Security
    > Event Category: Account Logon
    > Event ID: 680
    > Date: 8/12/2004
    > Time: 9:01:06 AM
    > User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    > Computer: TLSEX1
    > Logon attempt by: MICROSOFT_AUTHENTICATION_PACKAGE_V1_0
    > Logon account: ExchangeAdmin
    > Source Workstation: MyServer
    > Error Code: 0xC0000234
    >

    > Thanks