windows 2000 server help

I have placed a web application that i have developed onto a windows 2000
server. Some of the pages on the site require to be restricted and so i am
therefore hoping to put a login option onto these pages. Does anyone know how
i can achieve this through 2000 server, i have tried fiddling about with user
permissions but it did not give me the option of creating username and
passwords.
Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about windows 2000 server help

    One uses existing accounts, that is, Windows accounts.
    In the IIS mgmt interface, in the properties of the area
    that should not allow anonymous access one enters the
    properties of the folder and drill into the directory
    security tab and uncheck anonymous access. Then, the
    access to the content in that area will be controlled by
    the NTFS permissions on the files served from that area.
    These NTFS permissions are set as with any filesystem
    area, using Windows accounts, or better, groups.

    --
    Roger Abell
    Microsoft MVP (Windows Security)
    "danmarc92" <danmarc92@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have placed a web application that i have developed onto a windows 2000
    > server. Some of the pages on the site require to be restricted and so i am
    > therefore hoping to put a login option onto these pages. Does anyone know
    how
    > i can achieve this through 2000 server, i have tried fiddling about with
    user
    > permissions but it did not give me the option of creating username and
    > passwords.
    > Thanks

    Hello!

    google for "htaccess" if that is enough restriction.

    regards, enno

    --
    http://www.verbrennung.org

Windows 2000 Servers Windows