Win 2000 password profile deleted - HELP

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

My Friends young boy was asked to delete pass wording the Laptop -(IBM
Thinkpad 600)
Now we are locked out from access at all!
ALL Safe mode options will only produce a part start-up showing
partition data and then blue screen to INACCESSIBLE- BOOT- DEVICE error
message.

No boot disk for the laptop as well!

How do I get in?

TIA

Chris A - NZ sheep country :)

From your description it is very hard to determine exactly what he did. If
you have the install cdrom [don't know what you mean by - No boot disk for
the laptop as well ] you could try booting from it into Recovery Console
where there are options to try and repair boot problems if you can access
RC. The link below has more details including commands available in RA. If
you don't have a Windows 2000 install disk you probably are out of
uck. --- Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;229716