Computer keeps crashing

nnette25

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
Hello,
my pc keeps freezing and crashing due to malware, spyware, trojans and the like viruses. tried to download antivirus still it not fixed. are there any free virus remover. my dvd drive is i think corrupted also soi cant have the bootable cds.. help....

Daplinksta

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2009
Some malware will prevent you from doing most things. If it's windows you can run safe mode and do a system restore to an earlier point in time...or the dreaded Format and reinstall....evrything. However, we don't know if you're running Windows/Mac/Linux. If you are posting from the affected machine I daresay it will be an easy fix as most malware out these days will send you to a website to buy their "miracle pc cure all" and only there. I've never heard of a dvd drive being corrupted...or for that matter even disabled. I'll go out on a limb and say your running windows probably xp. If you go into your bios and select boot from cd drive then boot from your restore disks it should be fine. More information would be extremely helpful....Help us....Help you!