Closed Solved

Number pad not working windows 7

Hello,
I have a hp pavillion dv6-1378nr entertainment pc notebook...never had a problem before...I cannot get my numeric keypad to work...I do have the number lock on...can you please help me....Thank you, Elaine Bienvenu
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about number working windows
  1. Best answer
    And what is the software you are experiencing this problem in?
    /because you can't type numbers directly on the desktop :)/
  2. pepe2907 said:

My software is windows 7, I can not use the numeric key pad to the right of my key board I can use the numbers on the top of the key board only.
  3. Best answer selected by ebienvenu.
  4. pepe2907 said:

can you help me....
  5. OK, but you can not type numbers dyrectly on windows desktop with any keyboard.
    So... again - in what program you want to type? It should be something like Word, or Excell, or Open Office... or it may happen when you are renaming something on your desktop - like icons, shortcuts or some files, residing on the desktop... so, may you try to deskribe what exactly happens?

another thing to try - to attach an USB keyboard to your laptop and to see what happens then.

your topic was dropped and till now I didn't get anithing on my mail too - probably just filtered out
  6. Just make sure that your mouse keys are NOT turned on. I had the same problem and changed the keyboard for 3 times. if you have Windows 7, just go to Ease of Access Center and Turn on Mouse Keys and make sure it's unchecked. Good luck!
  7. Just to let you know this worked for me on my HP Pavilion 2500DV. Thanks a lot.
  8. This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 Notebooks Hewlett Packard