Number pad not working windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebienvenu

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2011
Hello,
I have a hp pavillion dv6-1378nr entertainment pc notebook...never had a problem before...I cannot get my numeric keypad to work...I do have the number lock on...can you please help me....Thank you, Elaine Bienvenu

ebienvenu

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2011

My software is windows 7, I can not use the numeric key pad to the right of my key board I can use the numbers on the top of the key board only.

pepe2907

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
OK, but you can not type numbers dyrectly on windows desktop with any keyboard.
So... again - in what program you want to type? It should be something like Word, or Excell, or Open Office... or it may happen when you are renaming something on your desktop - like icons, shortcuts or some files, residing on the desktop... so, may you try to deskribe what exactly happens?

another thing to try - to attach an USB keyboard to your laptop and to see what happens then.

your topic was dropped and till now I didn't get anithing on my mail too - probably just filtered out

aungthu07

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
Just make sure that your mouse keys are NOT turned on. I had the same problem and changed the keyboard for 3 times. if you have Windows 7, just go to Ease of Access Center and Turn on Mouse Keys and make sure it's unchecked. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.