What went wrong?

lazyboy

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2005
I've just run PCMark05 for the first time cos I wanted to test my system before I put it through any OC'ing.

However part way through running the program it said this

"Unfortunately one or more tests has failed, please submit for online results.......blah, blah."

I then went to the online section and it said that the test i ran was invalid or something.

what does this mean?

:?

everett

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2004
If you would care enough to read past blah,blah, blah. you might find out for yourself what the problem is, In short it means that the benchmark failed. when posting such a wide open question, the more info the better.

Or does your name say it all. :lol:

sirrobin4ever

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2006
Try to be more specific. It should tell you online what test failed.
Did you try to run the test again? Again, there is some weird thing in PCmark05 that requires Windows Media Encoder....or something like that.
Have you tried to run a version of 3dmark? If you can complete a 3dmark test, your hardware should be fine, thus making this pcmark problem a software issue.

Best of Luck

nvalhalla

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2006
It said that because part way through the test your video card caught fire and corrupted your hard drive, sending a power surge though your home wiring and destroying your fridge, ultimately resulting in the death of your cat.

seriously, we need more info than that.