dollars

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2007
Hi, i just brought a raptor 150gb and when i put it in my pc it said detected new hardware, i looked into device manager and it was there along with my seagate 150gb, now this is where the trouble started, i installed vista premium and after about a minute vista said it couldnt find drive so i went back into device manager and the raptor wasnt there only my seagate, so i took out the seagate and just had the raptor in but nothing. I tried using jumpers on the raptor but the pc still couldnt find it, i tried putting on xp pro still nothing, is the raptor dead or am i doing somethig wrong any suggestions. thanks
i am also a newbe at this, here are my specs
athlon 4800+x2
x1900gt
2gb ddr ram
asus A8R-32 MVP mobo
xfi xtrememusic sound
centurion 534 case, 430 watt psu

lumpking69

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
did you try to remove the jumpers from all youre HD'd and just installing it cable select mode?

Also what does your bios say ?

@Gabbos

dollars

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2007
yes i removed all jumpers at the beginning, the bois said i had the raptor but at the end of all this the bois said i had no raptor, and installing cable select mode i dont understand is there somthing i have to select somwhere

choirbass

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
...did you plug in both the molex connector, and sata power connector to the raptor??, cuz doing that can fry the raptor (choose either sata or molex, but not both, and preferrably sata if you have the option to, because it uses less power than a molex connector does)... i only say that because you said the bios isnt detecting it anymore...

the jumper cables on the raptor arent there for any purpose, as the drive is always configured as a master drive on its channel being as how its on sata

try removing and reseating the cmos battery, or unplugging other components in your system to see if the raptor comes up again (there may be too many components daisy chained in your system, possibly), i guess make sure the drive is still plugged in, try switching power connectors and sata cables, try different sata ports on the sata controller

dollars

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2007
Hi, yes i tried different cables and ports i have 4 of them on board, no i didnt plug the molex in only the sata cable, i thinkl i will send it back its just dead. Thank you for all your help, when i get another one ill update this. thanks

choirbass

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
did you try clearing the cmos or unplugging other components that are on the same line of power connectors as the raptor?... is the raptor still audibly powering on when you press the power button on your tower, even after doing that?

dollars

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2007
Hi, the raptor is not powering up its just making a clicking sound, you cant hear it spinning, no i havent tried to clean the cmos but i have unplugged everything but the raptor, the bois was set to default still nothing