Cannot install activeX under Downloaded Program Files

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
December 9, 2004 3:10:27 AM

Hi,
I'm in windows 2000 Pro, and only have users privilege, so i failed
to run activex control(i've set the privilege to allow activex
control), and I found because the windows folder in under control, so
i can not install the activex control to Downloaded Program Files, so
can i set another folder to enable activex to run in my PC?

thanks in advance
Anonymous
December 9, 2004 8:57:01 AM

No, unfortunately. Installation of an ActiveX control requires admin or
power user priveleges.

--
David B. Cross [MS]

Top Whitepapers:

Auto-enrollment whitepaper:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsser...
Best Practices for implementing Windows Server 2003 PKI:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsser...
Troubleshooting Certificate Status and Revocation whitepaper:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/topics/crypto...
Windows Server 2003 web enrollment and troubleshooting guide:

!