Cannot install activeX under Downloaded Program Files

Hi,
I'm in windows 2000 Pro, and only have users privilege, so i failed
to run activex control(i've set the privilege to allow activex
control), and I found because the windows folder in under control, so
i can not install the activex control to Downloaded Program Files, so
can i set another folder to enable activex to run in my PC?

thanks in advance
1 answer Last reply
More about cannot install activex downloaded program files

    No, unfortunately. Installation of an ActiveX control requires admin or
    power user priveleges.

    --
    David B. Cross [MS]

    Top Whitepapers:

    Auto-enrollment whitepaper:
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/technologies/security/autoenro.mspx
    Best Practices for implementing Windows Server 2003 PKI:
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/technologies/security/ws3pkibp.mspx
    Troubleshooting Certificate Status and Revocation whitepaper:
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/topics/crypto/tshtcrl.mspx
    Windows Server 2003 web enrollment and troubleshooting guide:
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/technologies/security/webenroll.mspx

    "Pan Yang Bin" <panyb@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I'm in windows 2000 Pro, and only have users privilege, so i failed
    > to run activex control(i've set the privilege to allow activex
    > control), and I found because the windows folder in under control, so
    > i can not install the activex control to Downloaded Program Files, so
    > can i set another folder to enable activex to run in my PC?
    >
    > thanks in advance

Windows 2000 Activex Microsoft Windows